This is not a bashing post but I'm really curious to see people's opinions.

So I am fairly new (5 mths) into these dramas starting with Crash Landing On You. Yeah, I blame it on COVID shutdown but in a positive way because now I do not lack entertainment. With k dramas I was so hooked i was on a craze from one to another nonstop. One day I clicked on a cdrama (Love Me If You Dare) and I liked it so much that I am now parked. I'm starting to notice things and make comparisons. The most notable things in my comparison are the tropes or cliches. Of those; intimacy. I can't stand for the life of me the non or lack of intimacy in plots (no I am not talking about heavy petting, frenching, xrated). I mean its a substance of human life; hugs, kisses, touches, etc. The showman of intimacy through hugs and real kisses of love is disappointing and somehow i see it more in Kramas which is beginning to be a turn off. Thats just me but what about you?

I only watch C drama where there is the actress Shen yue, it's my only interest in C drama

Thanks. I'll check her work out. Maybe I'll like her too.

I think that you are right but I also see that lack  of intimacy what makes them original :)

You think? I dont know. I just try to look for dramas without a lot of cliches, not that cdramas don't but anyways, thanks for your thoughts.

I think that you will find a lot of cdramas that are original, in my case, I only know about kdramas :( Your welcome, thanks for reading :)

Clichés are present in both cdramas and kdramas.  I, personally, prefer c-dramas at this time. The main reason - I find it more difficult to find good strong female leads in k dramas. I don't like watching drama and cringe over FL's antics and pathetic behavior. I feel K-dramas are more male centric (strong male lead, weak needy female lead). There are some exceptions, of course. Chinese dramas have more female centric historical/fantasy/wuxia dramas that I prefer. 

We all have different opinions and tastes. I prefer C drama, specifically, Xianxia & Wuxia based content. I am very picky though so I have dropped quite a few as it did not meet my standards. I don't mind cliche but it must be executed well with some substance behind it. 

C drama that I watch must have a decent story, romance (without nudity though), fight scene/ CGI, and decent acting. 

Thanks, and isn't it great to have different opinions but to do so respectively? In that way, we can learn something, and appreciate others perspectives. I am not familiar with Xianxia & Wuxia so I'd appreciate information if you have time.

On your preferences of cdramas, I am in total agreement. If you ever come across a good one (preferably rom-com or as long as it has rom..haha) shout it to me. Take care.

Florahh:
On your preferences of cdramas, I am in total agreement. If you ever come across a good one (preferably rom-com or as long as it has rom..haha) shout it to me. Take care.

I respond because of this quote of yours :)   I'm not the romantic type and watch a lot of Wuxia / Xianxia, Adventure, Mystery etc. C-dramas. And I find, in most C-dramas, the women that are supposed be "strong females" also getting clingy and  dumb when it comes to falling for "The Guy".

I don't really have comparison with K-dramas. Watched my first K-drama 2 weeks ago  and the second one I completed yesterday, also with a minimum on romance. I love brother/-sisterhoods, those deep interconnection in C-dramas are fantastic.  That's all I can say about it for now.

Ooh ya, a rom-com I liked was The Sweet Girl  I hope you do too :)

Thanks for sharing and I will gladly put the recommended series on my "to watch" list.

Curious bc I may have watched the two kdramas you finished,,,,which ones? Take care,

MementoViveri:

Clichés are present in both cdramas and kdramas.  I, personally, prefer c-dramas at this time. The main reason - I find it more difficult to find good strong female leads in k dramas. I don't like watching drama and cringe over FL's antics and pathetic behavior. I feel K-dramas are more male centric (strong male lead, weak needy female lead). There are some exceptions, of course. Chinese dramas have more female centric historical/fantasy/wuxia dramas that I prefer. 

Interesting that you say this because that's kind of like where I started to weigh exactly why I am leaning towards cdramas once I started secondary to k. Either one really as long as it's a good storyline, minimal to no cliches, strong leads (both m n f), Thanks for sharing.

Stefanie Hooray its XZ :

I respond because of this quote of yours :)   I'm not the romantic type and watch a lot of Wuxia / Xianxia, Adventure, Mystery etc. C-dramas. And I find, in most C-dramas, the women that are supposed be "strong females" also getting clingy and  dumb when it comes to falling for "The Guy".

I don't really have comparison with K-dramas. Watched my first K-drama 2 weeks ago  and the second one I completed yesterday, also with a minimum on romance. I love brother/-sisterhoods, those deep interconnection in C-dramas are fantastic.  That's all I can say about it for now.

Ooh ya, a rom-com I liked was The Sweet Girl  I hope you do too :)

Hi! If you can recommend me a brother/ sisterhood drama, that would be great , pleaseee.  :)