Lovely Runner’s latest episode has generated a buzz on social media with the sudden plot twist.  After Sunjae dies (for the third time) in order to save Im Sol, she concludes that as long as Sunjae keeps loving her, he will keep putting his life at stake for her, and in order to keep loving her, he needs to know her. So she decides to travel back in time one last time, exactly to the timeline when they first met, and undo the first meeting. This would prevent Sunjae from falling in love with her and hence saving him from all the dangers surrounding him if he stays with Sol. 

Years later, the timeline has changed. Sol & Sunjae are strangers with only Sol having all the memories of them together. She yearns for him alone, with no one in the world understanding her grief (although Taeseong comforts her despite not knowing the reason she is sad.) but still refuses to approach him. She avoids him at all costs, because them meeting would only invite more danger to Sunjae, as she thinks.

But as fate would have it, their paths cross again, they meet, get off on the wrong foot, with Sunjae gradually softening up to her and feeling a strong connection with her, while Sol still tries her best to avoid him.

The question that arises here is that, has Sunjae really forgotten everything? Or is he pretending he has in order to not scare Sol while getting closer to her again? 

Haha, I know the possibility of that happening is very slim, it’s just my imagination. but hey, imagine if that happens...

In the novel, SJ was only pretending that he forgot about IS only because he thought that IS forgot about him. But then later when he learned that IS still had memories of him he confronted her on it. And was quite upset. I am not sure if the drama will follow in the novel direction as it hasn't follow closely. 

My guess is he did “forget” everything (although technically it never happened), but WILL remember all the erased timelines in the end.

Jaythy:

In the novel, SJ was only pretending that he forgot about IS only because he thought that IS forgot about him. But then later when he learned that IS still had memories of him he confronted her on it. And was quite upset. I am not sure if the drama will follow in the novel direction as it hasn't follow closely. 

oh my god, really? that actually happened in the novel? I truly hope they don’t change the storyline here and keep it the same as the novel. but again, they have changed plenty of things so let’s see how this goes..

jjlew:

My guess is he did “forget” everything (although technically it never happened), but WILL remember all the erased timelines in the end.

I mean, yes, he definitely will remember everything at the end. But I think it would be so fun if he already remembers everything and is just pretending to not.

But again how they are showing Seon Jae is dreaming past. He is confused and getting drawn to Im Sol slowly despite her rude and insulting behavior towards him. He is clearly confused. At least it seems like he don't remember anything yet.

AlyImaan:

But again how they are showing Seon Jae is dreaming past. He is confused and getting drawn to Im Sol slowly despite her rude and insulting behavior towards him. He is clearly confused. At least it seems like he don't remember anything yet.

you’re right, it’s clear that he doesn’t remember anything. I’m just stating a possibility of it happening lol, I mean imagine if it turned out that way. because in the novel, sunjae did pretend to forget.

You never know though. But chances are high that he didn't remember anything and it make more sense as its a visual drama and webtoon is a imagination, imo.

AlyImaan:

You never know though. But chances are high that he didn't remember anything and it make more sense as its a visual drama and webtoon is a imagination, imo.

that’s right too.

I love the idea of Sun Jae pretending not to remember while actually retaining his memories.  However, I believe it’s more realistic and fits the plot better if he genuinely doesn’t remember.  The show hints that while certain events can be influenced by our actions, some things are destined to happen no matter what choices we make.  Sun Jae falling for Im Sol is inevitable, no matter what the past is ? 

noona_says_saranghae:

I love the idea of Sun Jae pretending not to remember while actually retaining his memories.  However, I believe it’s more realistic and fits the plot better if he genuinely doesn’t remember.  The show hints that while certain events can be influenced by our actions, some things are destined to happen no matter what choices we make.  Sun Jae falling for Im Sol is inevitable, no matter what the past is ? 

you just stated what I feel! even though I would've loved it if Sunjae was just pretending, the show would just lose its core plot which is to show that their love ascends timelines & countless lives. if he genuinely doesn’t remember & still falls for her, again, it would be far more romantic.

giah:

you just stated what I feel! even though I would've loved it if Sunjae was just pretending, the show would just lose its core plot which is to show that their love ascends timelines & countless lives. if he genuinely doesn’t remember & still falls for her, again, it would be far more romantic.

Hi all,

I have few questions as I'm trying to understand or maybe I'm missing something - here's my questions:

1) Im Sol sent Sun Jae back to 2009 and then she deliberately avoided to meet Sun Jae so then they never met. So, if they never met - isn't that  a loophole if Sun Jae got his memory back as he never lost it in the first place as they've never met?

2) Why is the pscyho driver still targeting Sun Jae when he saw Sun Jae leaving Im Sol's place cause isn't the time line been changed? Or is Im Sol still got kidnapped in 2009? I don't think Im Sol got kidnapped cause who saved her if she was kidnapped?

3) Tae Sung also doesn't know Im Sol in the past, right?

Thank you

Hello Cha Eun Woo! 

This is what I think  - 

1) Sol & her Grandma's conversation in Episode 15 is the key to this question. Her Grandma explains how some memories are ingrained in the soul. When Sun Jae rewinds the analog clock, he gets hit by all the memories from the life he never lived. I think the memories from other lives seem to flood in when there is an inter-connected element involved. For Sun Jae, I believe it is meeting Sol and getting his hands on the watch. Tae Sung also has weird feelings when Sun Jae enters the scene (or it could be that he always had feelings for Sol, but they started showing up when Sun Jae made an entry)

2) The psycho driver isn't really targeting Sun Jae. He is just fleeing from the police, and Sun Jae happens to be in his way. 

3) Tae Sung does know Sol from the past. He mentions about her chasing away the boys with cigarettes, and few other things from past. So probably they did date for few days, but ended up being friends. In the original timeline his life is mentioned to be wasted. But in the current timeline he is a cop, which I believe is due to Sol's intervention in his life.

Hope this helped. Lastly, I recommend going through the timeline breakdown thread by MadelineMaureen. It's amazing and it has solved most of my doubt. I am not able to paste the actual link here

Cha Eun Woo:

Hi all,

I have few questions as I'm trying to understand or maybe I'm missing something - here's my questions:

1) Im Sol sent Sun Jae back to 2009 and then she deliberately avoided to meet Sun Jae so then they never met. So, if they never met - isn't that  a loophole if Sun Jae got his memory back as he never lost it in the first place as they've never met?

2) Why is the pscyho driver still targeting Sun Jae when he saw Sun Jae leaving Im Sol's place cause isn't the time line been changed? Or is Im Sol still got kidnapped in 2009? I don't think Im Sol got kidnapped cause who saved her if she was kidnapped?

3) Tae Sung also doesn't know Im Sol in the past, right?

Thank you

hey! here's my take on your questions: 

1.) there are 5 timelines in this story. 1st one is where sol lost her legs and sunjae died while being an idol, 2nd is when she went back in time to redo the past, 3rd is their another adult era in which he was killed again and 4th is their college era, and 5th is the current additional era where all these events of sol being a director & sunjae being an actor take place. so in the current (5th) era, sunjae remembers all the past timelines they have lived. so it really is not a plothole, just like sol remembers all those timelines, sunjae does too. and why is that, it’s just fantasy man, the power of love made him remember every moment he has lived with sol. (also agree with @noona_says_saranghae)

2.)  the timeline has been changed, yes, but the psycho driver is still after sol's life, maybe. he had seen her in high school (as the reservoir murder case took place and sol was there) and is travelling & lurking around her to kill her since then. he isn’t targeting sunjae, sunjae just happens to be in his way of killing sol. or maybe he isn’t targeting sol either, he’s just looking for a new target to kill.

3.) yes, taeseong knew sol in the past, but all those events that we saw did not take place. they were friends since high school because their schools were close to e/o. about remembering the timelines, anyone other than sol & sunjae doesn’t remember any other timeline than the current one.

hope it’s clear now!

Hey, I hope you @giah  and @noona_says_saranghae  

I hope you are both well, thank you for your explanation.  I hope you both enjoyed Lovely Runner