LucianYaz:

I’m not certain but her Wikipedia page says her books have been published in 23 languages; a major language like Spanish should be one of them.

Ohh...but in Amazon it's only showing the Spanish one. So maybe I won't  be  able to buy it. Still, thanks for recommending. I'll try to find the English version:)

Caspleo:

Ohh...but in Amazon it's only showing the Spanish one. So maybe I won't  be  able to buy it. Still, thanks for recommending. I'll try to find the English version:)

Oh, I thought you actually wanted them in Spanish!  Sorry for the misunderstanding. They’re primarily in English and then translated to other languages. Not sure why your Amazon is only showing the Spanish ones.

LucianYaz:

Oh, I thought you actually wanted them in Spanish!  Sorry for the misunderstanding. They’re primarily in English and then translated to other languages. Not sure why your Amazon is only showing the Spanish ones.

Oh I found it. I only searched Armand Gamache without typing the author's name. Silly me( ͡╥ ͜ʖ ͡╥)

Caspleo:

Oh I found it. I only searched Armand Gamache without typing the author's name. Silly me( ͡╥ ͜ʖ ͡╥)

Yay! :)

Be sure to check the reading order.  You can probably read them in any order and still enjoy them, but you’d miss out on the great character development for the regulars.

LucianYaz:

Yay! :)

Be sure to check the reading order.  You can probably read them in any order and still enjoy them, but you’d miss out on the great character development for the regulars.

What's the  first  one?? :)

@JJChastity alright, that's a good reminder in bio. I might do that too with those I finished. 

About free audiobooks, you can check out LibriVox or Open Culture. 

friends, have any of you read Swann's Way? I'm struggling to get through the first part of the book because Proust really wants me to read 5 pages long description of a church building lol.  the plot is really well hidden under all that poetic imagery of the most mundane things and I wonder if it's gonna stay that way. i need to prepare myself in advance. 

Caspleo:

What's the  first  one?? :)

Here’s the order for the current  books:

1. Still Life
  2. A Fatal Grace
  3. The Cruelest Month
  4. A Rule Against Murder
  5. The Brutal Telling
  6. Bury Your Dead
  7. A Trick of the Light
  8. The Beautiful Mystery
  9. How the Light Gets In
  10. The Long Way Home
  11. The Nature of the Beast
  12. A Great Reckoning
  13. Glass Houses
  14. Kingdom of the Blind
  15. A Better Man
  16. All The Devils Are Here

I lost connection to one of my networked folders and I’m there watching IT trying to fix it remotely. It’s like watching paint dry. I should try to read a few pages in something while I wait :P

LucianYaz:

Here’s the order for the current  books:

1. Still Life
  2. A Fatal Grace
  3. The Cruelest Month
  4. A Rule Against Murder
  5. The Brutal Telling
  6. Bury Your Dead
  7. A Trick of the Light
  8. The Beautiful Mystery
  9. How the Light Gets In
  10. The Long Way Home
  11. The Nature of the Beast
  12. A Great Reckoning
  13. Glass Houses
  14. Kingdom of the Blind
  15. A Better Man
  16. All The Devils Are Here

kaisrexci:

@JJChastity alright, that's a good reminder in bio. I might do that too with those I finished. 

About free audiobooks, you can check out LibriVox or Open Culture. 

Oh  putting my planning book on my profile, yes that's to remind myself I have to finish the book so I can get to another. 

Thanks for telling me. I am new to audiobooks and don't know where to get them. I'll check those two sites.

Hi, I'm new here.

The book I hope to finish in March is The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller.

I started this last weekend and I'm on chapter 6. I'm really enjoying it so far because of how well paced it is and it might just get me out of my reading slump. 

Due to my reading slump, I can only manage to read manga. I read a few volumes such as Vinland Saga 15-18 and Flower of Evil 1-6. I personally won't be counting these because I want to challenge myself to read longer books. 

If I finish The Song of Achilles before the end of the month, I plan to start the Shadow and Bone series. The Netflix adaptation is coming out on April 23rd and I hope to finish the book series before that. Wish me luck!

Imaney :

Hi, I'm new here.

I started this last weekend and I'm on chapter 6. I'm really enjoying it so far because of how well paced it is and it might just get me out of my reading slump. 

Due to my reading slump, I can only manage to read manga. I read a few volumes such as Vinland Saga 15-18 and Flower of Evil 1-6. I personally won't be counting these because I want to challenge myself to read longer books. 

If I finish The Song of Achilles before the end of the month, I plan to start the Shadow and Bone series. The Netflix adaptation is coming out on April 23rd and I hope to finish the book series before that. Wish me luck!

Welcome! As a Greek myself, I'm always a bit hesitant to read different interpretations of our classics, but I've read some good things about this book, so I'm looking forward to your thoughts :)

Author: James Carnac

Polish title: Autobiografia Kuby Rozpruwacza 

English title: The Autobiography of Jack the Ripper

Genre: Biography (is it tho?)

Thoughts

Well... do I think it's true autobiography of Jack the Ripper? Not really, no. It's just so convenient that all the parts that could potentially prove it's real were removed. Not to mention there is no history of someone like James Carnac ever existing. 

I guess it could be nice fictional crime story from the eyes of the killer himself. In my eyes, claiming it is the true story of Jack the Ripper just takes away from it. 

One book done, 3 more to go for March. 

Imaney :

Hi, I'm new here.

welcome =)