LucianYaz:

In case anyone is interested, it's World Book Day (WBD) again at Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/article/read-the-world-2021/

There are 10 free ebooks set in different countries; I look out for WBD every year because it's a good opportunity to get exposure to diverse writers and settings. The books are available for the next 7 days.

I use the Amazon US store so I'm not sure if the link or the books will be available to persons with non-US accounts.

Thanks, I looked and picked about 5 of them , I've read  Some Days on my handphone, you can't read on kindle cause technology on him 

lucy_lu:
Hallo! I've followed the posts in this forum for a bit and finally i've decided to officially join it ^^ i'm a fan of thriller and fantasy novels. 

Welcome :p

Vya van Velaris:

I finished Silent Reading by Priest this month. It has become my favorite from all the Priest's books I've read. I love the dynamics between the main couple, and also the police team. The mysteries they investigate are okay. It began with the usual thing: drug & corruption. As new crimes appear, it becomes intenser and interconnected with each other.

I haven't started on A Court of SilverFlames, the other book I've planned to read this month. After reading 1500+ pages of Silent Reading, I desperately need a break... lol.. so I do what I need to do: return to watching dramas. ^.^

I'll have A Court of Silver Flames as my May book.

Zhang Xin Cheng as Fei Du in "The Abyss", the drama adaptation of Silent Reading.

How many books Priest has? 

Kapetria:

How many books Priest has? 

21 listed on NovelUpdates: https://www.novelupdates.com/nauthor/priest/?sort=3&order=2&status=1

I have made a reply about Wuthering Heights awhile ago, But it disappeared now 

penel:

Due to some health issues I faced this month, I didn't make much progress in many things - I only finished the book I started reading during March and haven't started the one picked for April yet :/

But yesterday, as if my sis knew my 2021 resolution about reading, she gifted me with 3 very intriguing books:  Una Madre by Alejandro Palomas, Girl, Woman, Other by Bernardine Evaristo and The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson.

So my plan is - if I feel better this week- to start reading one of these xD

Sorry to hear you were having health issues but glad to hear you are feeling much better.

I’m kinda in the same boat with you. I hurt my hand and was not only incapable of using it to hold a book (lol my awkward attempts were funny though) but also me being  limited to using one hand for typing meant my work load took twice as much time which left no extra time for reading/other activities. I’m going to move my April Book to May.

I did attempt to read Silent Reading also known as  Mo Du since it’s online and I only need to scroll and I’m almost done with it. I also started another book I had heard is very good but so far has turned to be meh.

Hoping for a better May :)

sony_t:
Hoping for a better May :)

Indeed! For you and me both xD

Books I finished in April (left to right)

Atomic Habits by James Clear

What I Talk About When I Talk About Running by Haruki Murakami

Astrophysics for People in a Hurry by Neil deGrasse Tyson

The Art of War by Sun Tzu

uhsame:
What I Talk About When I Talk About Running by Haruki Murakami

I found it different than the other books of his I've read, but I liked it too :)

penel:

I found it different than the other books of his I've read, but I liked it too :)

It's actually the first book of his I've read. I'm looking to read his other books, especially his really well-known ones.

kura2ninja:
I finished six books in April, mostly comfort reads which in this case were a bunch of Japanese crime novels and a Georgette Heyer book.

I'm curious about the Heyer book as well - I have 60 of her books and have read 51 of them ... yeah, I'm a fan :D

penel:
Due to some health issues I faced this month, I didn't make much progress in many things - I only finished the book I started reading during March and haven't started the one picked for April yet :/

As someone whose health is always up and down, I commiserate. Hope you feel better soon *hugs*

LucianYaz:

As someone whose health is always up and down, I commiserate. Hope you feel better soon *hugs*

Thank you very much! Take good care of yourself too ❤

I was by miracle able to complete this month book, I was in the first 100 pages when I got sick and I was sick for about two weeks, my fingernails are still ugly now, but in the last 4 or 5 days I read it in a spread and complete the book today, I'm happy :p  #TheCuckoo's Calling, The book was really good and entertaining, the characters ways kinda reminds me of The Penthouse drama, with rich and full of b*st people LOL . I want to read the other books of the series!

For May's month I will return to the series I was reading in the beginning of the last year, this is the 3rd one of the series, yeah, I like "classic" romance, the cover says it all about the book content xD

Kapetria:
For May's month I will return to the series I was reading in the beginning of the last year, this is the 3rd one of the series, yeah, I like "classic" romance, the cover says it all about the book content xD

Temptation is a word that always tempts and intrigues me in books, dramas and movies! Have fun xD