Seoul Searching - One of the leads is German (he was born in Germany irl too)

Queen of Tears The main leads had their honeymoon in Germany. Other parts of the story take place there, too.

hi journalist.  this is an interesting topic for me since the melding of cultures also intrigues me. the C-drama "you are my destiny" has many episodes towards the end which take place in budapest, hungary.  the chinese FL leaves shanghai and re-starts her life in budapest, amazingly being able to speak fluent hungarian after only a  short time and adapting to her new culture.  a question i've had for a while though, is the influence of USA in k-dramas.  literally most hoodies the young people wear in k-dramas are from harvard, duke,  sports teams like chicago bulls, etc.  also the k-pop music is very often co-lyricized with english.  is this a testament to our US uncles/grandparents fighting for ROK life back during the korean war?  if so,  love it!  

NokduFlower:

hi journalist.  this is an interesting topic for me since the melding of cultures also intrigues me. the C-drama "you are my destiny" has many episodes towards the end which take place in budapest, hungary.  the chinese FL leaves shanghai and re-starts her life in budapest, amazingly being able to speak fluent hungarian after only a  short time and adapting to her new culture.  a question i've had for a while though, is the influence of USA in k-dramas.  literally most hoodies the young people wear in k-dramas are from harvard, duke,  sports teams like chicago bulls, etc.  also the k-pop music is very often co-lyricized with english.  is this a testament to our US uncles/grandparents fighting for ROK life back during the korean war?  if so,  love it!  

Notwithstanding the fact that you hijacked a German thread to talk about Americans...

Global marketing. Champions and prestige brands sell abroad. Nobody outside the US dreams of going to North Dakota State or playing for the Toledo Mud Hens. Hell, nobody inside the US dreams of going to North Dakota State or playing for the Toledo Mud Hens.

Bits of English have been incorporated into pop music in many languages. Many foreign acts play exclusively in English. That's been the case for decades.  You just happen to be listening to more K-pop and it's salient because you understand English more immediately.

Also [ON TOPIC], Queen of Tears is not just Germany but real Berlin. I think I rated it more highly simply because Berlin is a magical city full of memories for me.

War of Faith

Two of the main characters, Shen Jin Zhen and Shen Tu Nan both studied in Germany before returning to China. None of the drama takes place in Germany unfortunately, but at one point SJZ seeks out help from an old associate of hers to help with a "case" (I can't say too much without spoiling something). A lot of their conversations are in German and their interactions are extremely interesting.

exploding walrus, sorry about the tangent discussion.  i guess i was too off-topic.  hungary versus germany. got it.  duly noted.  also thanks for the info on the use of english and US culture in K-C-J drama.  always good to get insight from others who have more knowledge of such things.