Queen of Tears and Lovely Runner are some of the highest rated dramas this year. My best friend and I watched both of them and we think they are good shows, but we had our differences. According to her, lovely runner is a good drama, but queen of tears is much better. While I think the acting in both movies is unique but lovely runner just won me over with the plot, the chemistry between the main and original soundtracks, although the qot soundtracks are also very good. So now I ask you the question: Which did you like more Queen of tears or Lovely runner?

(Note: This is my opinion, feel free to disagree)

1. Lovely runner.  QoT was good too. But the plot got a bit messy and also the last episode was boring for me.  But the acting was top in both the drama. Lovely runner had lot of cute, funny and embarrassing momentnit felt great watching them

My vote goes to Lovely Runner. Too much anger and angst in QoT and the villain just irritated me. 

To me, there's no comparison between QoT and Lovely Runner. QoT was such a disappointment (since I'd been looking forward to it since it announced and was so excited for it). Lovely Runner was a huge surprise (since I only started watching as I waited for another show to release) and has now become my favorite drama of all time.

Three episodes in, I found myself fast forwarding through most of QoT, which made me sad because I do love the FL and ML actors so much. Even if I FF through a show, I'll usually still watch to the end episode if the main leads' story is captivating. But even their scenes were underwhelming. I only made it to ep 6 with QoT before I gave up. I did ask in the comments there if the show improves after ep 6 and everyone said that it got a little worse after ep 7, so to stop if I didn't like to that point. :-\

Meanwhile, I've rewatched Lovely Runner at least 10 times already and the worst thing I can say about it is that the sister-in-law / brother's story was irritating sometimes. But I didn't even fast forward those scenes. I watched every minute of this drama (both when I first saw it and during every re-watch). This is so rare for me, usually I'm fast forwarding 10 - 30% of a show / filler. Lovely Runner was so engrossing and captivating. The story, the chemistry, characters, direction, everything. 

Comparing QoT and Lovely Runner is like comparing a peach that looks good from the outside, but when you bite into it, it's tasteless --verses-- a run-of-the-mill looking apple fresh from the tree that ends up being surprisingly delicious and refreshing.  

... is my opinion.

Definitely, Lovely Runner.  So good!

Queen of Tears was too dark, angsty and over the top for me.  Also, rich people... uggh.
I would've quit it early on but was watching with a group; so I stuck it out.  They LOVED it.  

It may depend on whether you like your dramas dark or sweet...

I think you will always get Lovely Runner on this page ?. Comparing the two might be a little unfair coz I think QoT has always been meant to be a makjang like melodrama despite having some comedic moments. LR on the other hand, despite having a tinge of sadness and suspense, is a romcom through and through. But since we're here, I would still say that LR is the better one. The irony is that QoT has no fantasy element but I had to suspend my disbelief for it more times than I did with LR, a time travel drama. The last 4 episodes of QoT was hard to watch if not for the chemistry of the Kims while I stayed happy with LR until its last seconds.

cannot pass QoT from eps 2.. not my cup of tea

What kind of comparison is this though 

MicahEllen:

I think you will always get Lovely Runner on this page ?. Comparing the two might be a little unfair coz I think QoT has always been meant to be a makjang like melodrama despite having some comedic moments. LR on the other hand, despite having a tinge of sadness and suspense, is a romcom through and through. But since we're here, I would still say that LR is the better one. The irony is that QoT has no fantasy element but I had to suspend my disbelief for it more times than I did with LR, a time travel drama. The last 4 episodes of QoT was hard to watch if not for the chemistry of the Kims while I stayed happy with LR until its last seconds.

I agree with this because what kind of comparison is this like they are diff genres 

Queen of tears.  i was watching ongoing. It was hard to wait. But after final episode  i couldn't move on from it for a week after completing it.. But lovely runner is also special. It was giving me butterflies in every episode. Completed it in 1 day..  Then started another one right after. 

I don't think they are comparable but Queen Of Tears.

Lovely Runner all the way. QoT was a great drama - cast, acting, plot, OST - everything. but LR just touched my heart in a way QoT (or most other shows, for that matter) couldn't. it has the most perfect cast, great acting, THE OST IS INCREDIBLE, i love the plotline and production, and most importantly - it was so well executed. easily in my top 3 dramas.

why ppl always bring these two dramas together?

QoT  -  Makjang, with more angst, deep & complex family relationships, and a bit of slice-of-life, character development, complex questionable characters' action and mental.

LR - is just a time-travel drama with a serial killer repetitive plot, school setting, and fan-idol relationship. 

so what will I choose???
if I love drama with "family relationships" tags, husband-wife problems, makjang I will choose QOT!
if I love school-setting with a time travel plot, a youth love story, I will choose LR

==> So stop bringing these two dramas together PLZ!

LR...queen of tears was good(i especially like fl there) BUT LR RULES

Lovely Runner is number one for me, although I am a bit biased because I was excited for the show because I love Kim Hyeyoon and Byeon Wooseok.

I only watched Queen of Tears because of the hype and honestly it was just what I expected it to be lol typical kdrama but I do have to say the actors and cinematography are top notch so it was good to watch but I did skip through a lot of episodes. But LR had me on the edge of my seat squealing, crying and laughing. It was soooo good, I don't think there would ever be a drama as good as this one 

AND Byeon Wooseok singing the OST was icing on the cake