kaiserin:

For the next batch, I'll check out The Piper and Kwaidan. I'm fine with one title, but I guess the more options, the better. I've been meaning to rewatch Shutter, Juon, One Missed Call, & The Eye from the first line-up so, it looks like it will happen this yr :p 

With The Wailing, I watched it dubbed in my language but wasn't fond it.

Nice movie choices! I've seen Shutter, Ju On and The Wailing a long time ago but don't remember much. I included The Wailing to add some diversity since it's considered popular but I know there's mixed critics. Enjoy! 

I have yet to watch Gonjiam ^^’  I’ve watched Shutter, The Eye, The Ring and The Wailing quite a long time ago, so for April’s mission, I’ll probably pick Medium or The Piper. I’m actually quite a wuss when it comes to horror, but I can do fairly well with psychological thrillers heh

awkward potato:

I have yet to watch Gonjiam ^^’  I’ve watched Shutter, The Eye, The Ring and The Wailing quite a long time ago, so for April’s mission, I’ll probably pick Medium or The Piper. I’m actually quite a wuss when it comes to horror, but I can do fairly well with psychological thrillers heh

No worries, you can take your time or not watch it at all if you change your mind. I think Killer Toon may be very psychological if you're interested. For May's challenge I will add a mix of Thrillers since it's mostly been Supernatural so far :)) 

THRILLER/HORROR DRAMA RECS

Korean

On the note of thrillers, "Superior Day" is currently airing (1 episode a week). It's a webtoon adaptation about a firefighter who gets notified from a hit-man, that his neighbour is a serial killer! I loved the webtoon and I think the production looks really good. 

"The King of Pigs"  is premiering on March 17/18. This is probably my most anticipated thriller of 2022 and it is adapted from the animation of the same name. The production for this one also looks crazy good. 

"Money Game"  might entice some peeps who love death games or movies like SAW. Although it seems like another Squid Game,  it's more focused on the psychological aspects with only 8 characters who have to strategize with the money spending system within the game. This is also another webtoon adaptation! 

Thai

"Remember 15"  is a currently airing slow burn psychological thriller with supernatural elements. This is also another concept of finding out who the killer(s) are on a remote island and some young adults with dark pasts. You can read my review of it to get the general gist and I recommend it if you're into this type of slow burn survival slasher.

P.S I wonder if anyone would like horror dramas added to the watch challenges? 

I’m alright with the thriller dramas to be added as part of the watch challenge :) We can have a variety 

Those 4 along with The Ring were heydays of horror cinema back then. We gotta do this so we can finally log them (at least for me) xD

awkward potato:

I’m alright with the thriller dramas to be added as part of the watch challenge :) We can have a variety 

Nice :) Feel free to keep giving drama or movie recs if you got any! 

kaiserin:

Those 4 along with The Ring were heydays of horror cinema back then. We gotta do this so we can finally log them (at least for me) xD

FR, I sometime get them mixed up with their western adaptations since they were so popular and there were so many diff versions. 

I am okay with supernatural thrillers but would prefer if psychological thrillers were tagged as such since they don't really fall under 'occult'.

perfect:

FR, I sometime get them mixed up with their western adaptations since they were so popular and there were so many diff versions!

Same with me, I think I have watched all versions of The Ring and The Grudge. And western versions of the rest a long time back.

Fourthaxis:

I am okay with supernatural thrillers but would prefer if psychological thrillers were tagged as such since they don't really fall under 'occult'.

Same with me, I think I have watched all versions of The Ring and The Grudge. And western versions of the rest a long time back.

Yeah for sure. We can put 1 or 2 psychological thrillers.. and 1 or 2 horror dramas. Also hopefully some sci-fi horror. Some psychological thrillers can actually be psychological horror given the right elements so I think it would still fall under the club's purpose, since any sub-genre of horror is allowed.  It's hard to tell the difference because thriller is such a broad genre which overlaps with so many other genres, most often with horror.  :]

Yes, I remember both the Grudge and the Ring but it was hard to discern the differences between them sometimes haha. Also I'm dumb because I thought there was a western version of the Grudge when there's a literal white woman in the original. 

I have a couple of suggestions which may be added into the list. They range from horror to psychological thrillers. All of them have been watched by myself, hence the suggestion. Some of them might not even be that scary XD 

Horror

And other titles which are already on the list such as The Ring, One Miss Call, etc.

Psychological thriller

There are a few others which I would like to recommend as well but unfortunately, they're not on the MDL database. One of them being a local production called The Maid. I've watched it many years ago and while I was scared out of my wits back then, I can safely say that it's not as horrifying like The Ring or Grudge.

awkward potato:

I have a couple of suggestions which may be added into the list. They range from horror to psychological thrillers. All of them have been watched by myself, hence the suggestion. Some of them might not even be that scary XD 

Horror

And other titles which are already on the list such as The Ring, One Miss Call, etc.

Psychological thriller

There are a few others which I would like to recommend as well but unfortunately, they're not on the MDL database. One of them being a local production called The Maid. I've watched it many years ago and while I was scared out of my wits back then, I can safely say that it's not as horrifying like The Ring or Grudge.

Thanks :] I added the horror ones to the list and ohh yes I have seen Forgotten just recently. I thought there was a real ghost and the first half was got me shitting my pants. 

I saw a Thai movie called The Maid (2020) recently and it's a unique supernatural movie due to how the tone shifts midway and I loved how some scenes were shot. I liked it much more than I thought I would. Maybe it's based off the version you recommended because the initial plot does seem similar. 

awkward potato:

The story sounds interesting.

Throwback Thursday: Doll Master (2004)

"Mina", the living doll

I've seen this movie a few times. It's not really scary and the dolls here are so pretty. I'd say it's more of a drama because of the owner-doll relationship. But for some people, they might find dolls uncanny in general.

kaiserin:

Throwback Thursday: Doll Master (2004)

"Mina", the living doll

I've seen this movie a few times. It's not really scary and the dolls here are so pretty. I'd say it's more of a drama because of the owner-doll relationship. But for some people, they might find dolls uncanny in general.

Wow I remember this movie, it was on my ptw for a while (before I was on mdl) but I totally forgot about it. Will watch it soon.