What's the last book you read?

This discussion has been closed.

Heaven Official's Blessing - Mo Xiang Tong Xiu   (My new all time favourite)

I like to read paper books, newspapers, magazines. As for me it is better than electronic counterparts

burried thoughts by joseph

Fairiela:

A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin 

All of it ?   Wow.  I read the first 3 books of the series but ran out of gas after that.

Just finished Up the Throne (Dark Renaissance) by T.A. Frost.   Revenge seeking thief-taker Giulia on the attack in a fictional Italianate city state. 

SelineK:

I like to read paper books, newspapers, magazines. As for me it is better than electronic counterparts

There's much to be said for holding actual books or media in your hands.  I must admit to being less informed these days by reading news online instead of in the paper.   But still, the e-reader meets most of my needs now.

OneTailedFox:

There's much to be said for holding actual books or media in your hands.  I must admit to being less informed these days by reading news online instead of in the paper.   But still, the e-reader meets most of my needs now.

Due to the cheer mass of books I (used to) read an e-reader was the only alternative. However if there are especially beautiful made hardcovers I still buy them. Also an e-reader is nice for books, but I mostly use the tablet for news. Reading the big papers as e-papers or in real paper doesn't really matter, right? 

The Secret life of bees

Pot-Pourri Haru:

Due to the cheer mass of books I (used to) read an e-reader was the only alternative. However if there are especially beautiful made hardcovers I still buy them. Also an e-reader is nice for books, but I mostly use the tablet for news. Reading the big papers as e-papers or in real paper doesn't really matter, right? 

I can relate. I owned a fairly extensive collection of books but downsizing and three moves in three years meant donating much of it to local libraries.   A basic Kindle doesn't handle images well, looking at fantasy maps and the like, but for most of what I read, it's more than adequate.

That is quite true regarding the news.  Although in the case of reading an old-fashioned newspaper, just the fact that I bought it meant I that felt more obligation to read through it completely, or at least look at all of it.  Whereas with online news, my reading lacks the same breadth.

1Q48 by Haruki Murakami

Starfall by Melissa Landers

The Forest of Stolen Girls - June Hur.

The Last Straw (Diary of a Wimpy Kid #3) by Jeff Kinney