yukitomo:

lol ikr ! but I still hope I'll make it somehow ^^ I liked the one month plan though, but in the end , I think I would be lonely there for the whole month ^^ I can take a one week alone in an unknown land ^^ but the price of the tickets hurts :p

yeah u gotta be really brave to go one month alone. but it could be very fun. imagine if u travelled all japan or maybe 1/4 of japan in that 1month wow

this was mesmerizing. oh my god beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQcIRGAEp_c&list=PLRVeGKxfe7ga10g1QF31Qxtw1gzegUhtL

bannie:

yeah u gotta be really brave to go one month alone. but it could be very fun. imagine if u travelled all japan or maybe 1/4 of japan in that 1month wow

this was mesmerizing. oh my god beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQcIRGAEp_c&list=PLRVeGKxfe7ga10g1QF31Qxtw1gzegUhtL

OOH I wish I could live in japan forever lol ... 

If I may choose one thing to do in Japan this year: I want to watch  “Zero the Enforcer” in theater after it’s release  in April. If I’m lucky to go, and I’m saying I’m not, I will want to book my tickets in advance and it will be nice if someone will come with me. 

ALL THE FOOD

also all the beauty products and clothes!

Im teaching myself japanese and plan to take a class at my college in the coming months. I have to finish school first but I would def go to Japan for a month with someone who is as enthused to go as I am! I would def wanna go to Shibuya Crossing and wear a kimono or a yukata during a (fireworks) festival, visit Tokyo Tower, eat not only the local food but food they have at American places that they don't serve here in the states, BUT the number one thing is to find Matsuda Shota and confess lmao

Nikon p:

If I may choose one thing to do in Japan this year: I want to watch  “Zero the Enforcer” in theater after it’s release  in April. If I’m lucky to go, and I’m saying I’m not, I will want to book my tickets in advance and it will be nice if someone will come with me. 

your japanese mustb e strong dc is my fav anime but i cant watch it without subs because the detective work is so hard to understanding

ShotaSidePart:

Im teaching myself japanese and plan to take a class at my college in the coming months. I have to finish school first but I would def go to Japan for a month with someone who is as enthused to go as I am! I would def wanna go to Shibuya Crossing and wear a kimono or a yukata during a (fireworks) festival, visit Tokyo Tower, eat not only the local food but food they have at American places that they don't serve here in the states, BUT the number one thing is to find Matsuda Shota and confess lmao

I wish you luck with your confession. Lol.

Oohhh.... I have the same case with Captain Takuya. Hahaha!

Local restaurants mostly, nearby shrines, museums,karaoke bars, sightseeing.  
I would do as much as possible!!

Been there twice but still can't get enough of the place. I want to see a real maiko in Kyoto, see cherry blossoms in full bloom, eat sushi from a conveyor belt,  and last one is rather unlikely but to see what a real Japanese highschool looks like from the inside. 

Meineke:

Been there twice but still can't get enough of the place. I want to see a real maiko in Kyoto, see cherry blossoms in full bloom, eat sushi from a conveyor belt,  and last one is rather unlikely but to see what a real Japanese highschool looks like from the inside. 

Do you have any tips for first timers senpai xD ?

Sure. Beginning of April is the best, and go for at least a week. You could easily spend the whole time in Tokyo but I'd buy a rail pass and go to other cities too. 

For Tokyo, do the sightseeing first ex. Sensoji temple,  imperial palace, Tokyo tower instead of sky tree since that's too crowded.  Then shop in Shinjuku /Shibuya, etc. Keep one day just for akihabara/ikebukuro if you plan to do any sort of anime or tech shopping. Make sure to take a night bus tour especially one that passes by the rainbow bridge. 

As for other cities I went, Kyoto is interesting only if you like to see 1000s of shrines but not much else there . Don't bother going to osaka, it is a nice ultra modern city but you're on your own since there arent many facilities for tourists. I haven't been, but I would love to go places like Sapporo,  Nagoya and Kobe.  

Japan used to be super expensive but not  as much now because of the falling  currency value.  But it still costs a fortune to rent a hotel room not much bigger than a closet. 

Honestly Japan is one of the best places I've ever been.  So if you ever go,  make sure to have fun, eat yummy food and shop like crazy. I would love to go again. 

Meineke:

Been there twice but still can't get enough of the place. I want to see a real maiko in Kyoto, see cherry blossoms in full bloom, eat sushi from a conveyor belt,  and last one is rather unlikely but to see what a real Japanese highschool looks like from the inside. 

why maiko and not geiko? just cuz u lust for younger blood? hheeheehee

1 week might not be enough for tokyo. but i guess no amount of time is enough for japan 

i did sensoji and imperial palace. need to do skytree and tokyo tower 

went to akiba and lived in ikebukuro. didnt do the rainbow bridge gotta do that 

damn

wish i had money and time to go again. manmanman

Meineke:
For Tokyo, do the sightseeing first ex. Sensoji temple,  imperial palace, Tokyo tower instead of sky tree since that's too crowded.  Then shop in Shinjuku /Shibuya, etc. Keep one day just for akihabara/ikebukuro if you plan to do any sort of anime or tech shopping. Make sure to take a night bus tour especially one that passes by the rainbow bridge.

Thank you for the tips ^^ I was planin on doing a half day for anime shopping , I guess Il'll make a day ;) I didnt know about the night bus tour and the rainbow bridge , this sounds soooo cool ! thanks

bannie:

why maiko and not geiko? just cuz u lust for younger blood? hheeheehee

1 week might not be enough for tokyo. but i guess no amount of time is enough for japan 

i did sensoji and imperial palace. need to do skytree and tokyo tower 

went to akiba and lived in ikebukuro. didnt do the rainbow bridge gotta do that 

damn

wish i had money and time to go again. manmanman

Well apparently geikos are harder to find that maikos. I'd be happy seeing either. 

Thinking about japan brings back a ton of memories. I really hope I can go again someday. 

If you're planning a longer stay, I'd also recommend the following (esp. for taking breathtaking  travel pictures)

Easily accessible:

• Kamakura+Enoshima (near Tokyo)
  • Miyajima (near Hiroshima; famous for the great 'floating' torii)
  • Universal Studios Japan (Osaka; very fun if you're going with friends)
  • Sakurajima (active volcano in Kagoshima, accessible by ferry)

+these places take a bit of planning but I strongly suggest you look them up just in case they catch your interest:

• Magome and Tsumago (Nagano prefecture; lovely preserved old post towns)
  • Yamadera (a mountain temple complex in Yamagata prefecture; take a train train from Sendai or Yamagata)
  • Ginzan Onsen (also Yamagata pref.; getting there is a pain tbh but some hotels offer shuttle buses)
  • Hagi (Yamaguchi pref.; a must-go town for Bakumatsu history geeks with a nicely preserved old town area, sometimes referred to as 'Little Kyoto'. There's a train going from Yamaguchi but it's often out of service; it's much safer to prepare for a bus ride)