Hello!

Most of y'all prolly already know that this drama was based off of one of Mo Bao Fei Bao's novels (originally titled Stewed Squid with Honey - or at least translated that way).  But I wanted to create a separate post for those who are finding the novel through the drama!

The author has since republished the novel (under the same name as the drama) and added a 2019 ver of the epilogue, too.  FANATICAL / Hui3r (the original translator of the novel) has finally gotten around to translating it (:

(Also, FANATICAL / Hui3r's translation is the OFFICIAL fan translation because they have received express permission from the author to translate this novel plus other works.)

FANATICAL / Hui3r's Page: https://hui3r.wordpress.com/mo-bao-fei-bao/stewed-squid-with-honey-completed/

NU Page: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/honey-stewed-squid/

Thanks for the links to the book. I will read the book i dropped the drama.  Yang Zi is not my cup of tea. Thanks once again.

Thank you for the link ? I just read the novel and I like the drama version better. The novel is good, but I feel like the drama just added more too it. There was better character development I felt like.  With this I felt like instead of the drama being an adaptation of the novel it was like the novel was an adaptation of the drama. That's just my opinion though. 

Lulu:

Thank you for the link ? I just read the novel and I like the drama version better. The novel is good, but I feel like the drama just added more too it. There was better character development I felt like.  With this I felt like instead of the drama being an adaptation of the novel it was like the novel was an adaptation of the drama. That's just my opinion though. 

Yeah, I'm p sure that I dropped the novel.  (But also to be honest, I didn't like the drama that much either - I really just hate-watched it LMAO)

Hmm. I actually really loved the drama, and I enjoyed the novel as well. But I mean everyone likes different things. I think it's funny that so one who hates both is the one that posted the link though lol

Lulu:

Hmm. I actually really loved the drama, and I enjoyed the novel as well. But I mean everyone likes different things. I think it's funny that so one who hates both is the one that posted the link though lol

Yeah, I was like, I remember seeing the novel before the drama aired, so I might as well share the link for those that want to read it hahaha

Well thanks for posting it:) 

This the anniversary of the drama but I wanna read the novel again. Unfortunately it's nowhere to be found imat hui3r blog. It's gone entirely ? Where is it?

danbosque:

This the anniversary of the drama but I wanna read the novel again. Unfortunately it's nowhere to be found imat hui3r blog. It's gone entirely ? Where is it?

I'm not sure - I took a look around their website, and it seems that people were illegally selling all of their translations on Amazon. I guess they might have taken it off because of that... and it also was a part of why they stopped translating entirely. ?

If you google Honey Stewed Squid (which was the original novel title), you can find other translations online.

B K:

I'm not sure - I took a look around their website, and it seems that people were illegally selling all of their translations on Amazon. I guess they might have taken it off because of that... and it also was a part of why they stopped translating entirely. ?

If you google Honey Stewed Squid (which was the original novel title), you can find other translations online.

Aaah that's probably why they stopped..

Unfortunately I don't like other site translation on Honey Stewed Squid :( hui3r gave us bit and piece from the author weibo as well. It's more fun that way~

Anyway thank you for answering and it took me ling enough to comeback here..