Aisha Gresee:

Yeah, the MJTY team, prohibited the novel leak as well. All links were dissapeared. So they made us, viewers guessing every day, collecting every piece of words. , facts, gesture, and many more evidence. They made us to be detectives.. 

which made all the series more interesting :) I would not follow the movie when the script simply insults the viewers' intelligence

A few of my theories and info I gathered:

1. YWS could be a Raven rather than a spy or assassin. (Small possibility I'm holding on to.)

2. GZY is the son of someone from the back hill. (Prince Xue, according to some watchers)

3. (fēng huā xuě yuè) (back hill houses) - wind, flower, snow and moon, trite poetry subject (idiom); an effete language without substance; love affair; romance is in the air; dissipated life (I'm no expert in Chinese but this is what I got on google)

• I remember someone mentioning that the Feng household must have been expelled or removed from the clan and that they could be the ones who established WuFeng.

4. According to online resources, "The musical classic “Le Ji” 樂記 mentioned, “Gong is for the sovereign ruler, Shang is for the officials, Jue is for the people, Zhi is for national affairs and Yu is for public properties."

• Five Phases Music Therapy (FPMT) employs the theory of five phases and five music scales or tones (宫Gong (do), 商Shang (ri), 角Jue (mi), 徵Zhi (so) and 羽Yu (la)) to analyze and treat mind-body illness.

5. 魑魅魍魉 (chīmèiwǎngliǎng) - demons and monsters (idiom)

• chi - mountain demon
  • mei - forest demon (someone who can charm)
  • wang - elf
  • liang - fairy
 vesca:

which made all the series more interesting :) I would not follow the movie when the script simply insults the viewers' intelligence

Yupp, tbh this is the first time I have encountered a good chinese suspense. I even used to search out dramas with suspense genre before, but none them gave me the excitement I get watching suspense kdrama or maybe i was too much used to twists and turns and guessings of kdrama that I couldn't help but find the Cdrama of same concepts boring.

coachmye:

Do yall think Gong Shang Jue is going to fall for Shangguan Qian

He knows she is not who she claims to be so he will keep his guard against her... hard to say if he will fall for real or only pretend to fall -  as she is as fake as possible - all these watery eyes, pretending being innocent girl, good future wife... 

Quoting to @adorbs comment,

If GZY does turn out to be son of anyone in back hills, would that hamper his rights of being a sword weilder? 

Also didn't the new trailer mention that the women in gong family were trapped in mountains linke birds in cage and never got to go out, maybe that was the reason why Madam Lan hated the gong place and was always sad

Maybe the lineages in the back hill are tired of being stuck out there and want to be let out and are plotting some of these things we've seen.

I was thinking how many Wufeng spies might be in Gong residence? Probably few... Imagine being treated like a shit in Wufeng for years and you got send on a mission to a place  where Wufeng has no access and where you can literally hide and dissapear without a trace and have a good normal life? What would you choose? So now Wufeng sends a message that they are sending an assassin hidden between brides... and that means these idle or run-away spies are not safe anymore, it would really make them panic...

the back of the heal clans are trapped there as they are guarding that infinite heat... some may want to get free - so they can be a third party which didn't show its moves yet

We are going to have plenty surprises till end of the show :)
Now with few trailers we can tell more about fights and there will be a lot bloodshed soon.

I hope  A'Yun will betrade Wufeng as we can see her using her internal power at the same moment as ZiYu against someone...

One of the trials seems to be sword making as ZiYu is forging a blade...

thatoldbooksmell:

Quoting to @adorbs comment,

If GZY does turn out to be son of anyone in back hills, would that hamper his rights of being a sword weilder? 

Also didn't the new trailer mention that the women in gong family were trapped in mountains linke birds in cage and never got to go out, maybe that was the reason why Madam Lan hated the gong place and was always sad

He's still part of the Gong clan, so I don't think it will affect things that much. But in terms of lineage, that's a different discussion entirely lol.

And also about Madam Lan, there was this clip of her that keeps showing up every time she's mentioned. Where she's on a bridge, looking up at the sky while it's snowing. She even removed the umbrella and watched the snow falling from the sky with a smile. Xue means snow. There had been speculations that Prince Xue could be GZY's biological father. But again, not have much basis on this haha.

hafu_girl:

Maybe the lineages in the back hill are tired of being stuck out there and want to be let out and are plotting some of these things we've seen.

they seem not to be ordinary people - as that's how they called young ZiYu - when they found him freezing in the valey and talked about his meridians being different then ordinary's people...

adorbs:

He's still part of the Gong clan, so I don't think it will affect things that much. But in terms of lineage, that's a different discussion entirely lol.

And also about Madam Lan, there was this clip of her that keeps showing up every time she's mentioned. Where she's on a bridge, looking up at the sky while it's snowing. She even removed the umbrella and watched the snow falling from the sky with a smile. Xue means snow. There had been speculations that Prince Xue could be GZY's biological father. But again, not have much basis on this haha.

Well there are two moments we see xue. 

One is the little boy xue whom we are seeing right now.

Other is the xue we saw in ml's childhood when he went to that lake in last. I am guessing that the mysterious man whose face wasn't shown is probably the prince xue who is played by zeng shunxi .

So it's possible that he is madam lan's love interest.

vesca:

they seem not to be ordinary people - as that's how they called young ZiYu - when they found him freezing in the valey and talked about his meridians being different then ordinary's people...

So maybe he is half ordinary and half back hill people?

hafu_girl:
hafu_girl 5 minutes ago
 vesca:

that might explain why he has to live in the front of the hill and got his very skilled bodyguard

Haven't had the time to read the updated discussion here, but the fact that Ziyu was a full-term baby but his Mother is said to have given birth prematurely, means she walked in pregnant into that Gong Mansion. And I'm calling it.... creepy kid in snow-realm is actually the faceless adult we see in Ziyu's flashbacks played by none other than Joseph Zeng!!!!!!! Who's going to turn out to be Chen Duling's lover (aka Ziyu's mom) making creepy kid actually his Dad. No wonder the Sword Wielder was okay bringing up this bastard child because he was likely tasked with it. And honestly, he wouldn't abandon a Prince's child. Even though I like Shangjue... I cannot WAIT for the revelation of this fact to wipe that smug grin off his face. Ziyu's Dad is the Ultimate Daddy, even more of a big-shot than the previous Sword Wielder lol! ?

No wonder all the elders were so rushed in handing over the throne to him ?

hafu_girl:

If that turns out true, it would actually explain a lots of things. But if he really is son of former prince xue, I can't find a reason why he did not treat zi yu when he found him crying in the snow. 

Does that mean, he did not know about madam lan being pregnant

Chibi:

Haven't had the time to read the updated discussion here, but the fact that Ziyu was a full-term baby but his Mother is said to have given birth prematurely, means she walked in pregnant into that Gong Mansion. And I'm calling it.... creepy kid in snow-realm is actually the faceless adult we see in Ziyu's flashbacks played by none other than Joseph Zeng!!!!!!! Who's going to turn out to be Chen Duling's lover (aka Ziyu's mom) making creepy kid actually his Dad. No wonder the Sword Wielder was okay bringing up this bastard child because he was likely tasked with it. And honestly, he wouldn't abandon a Prince's child. Even though I like Shangjue... I cannot WAIT for the revelation of this fact to wipe that smug grin off his face. Ziyu's Dad is the Ultimate Daddy, even more of a big-shot than the previous Sword Wielder lol! ?

No wonder all the elders were so rushed in handing over the throne to him ?

I think this is very possible scenario :) and because of some magical reason ordinary people or "halfbreeds" can't live in that valley so ZiYu's mother had to stay in the front of the hill and pretend to be SW wife

or

these records are fake ones made by Wuji (who wanted to leave the mansion so needed to give a valuable thing to GSJ) and he is real SW son