According to Esther's notes on her character floating around on Twitter here are some details about Yun Wei Shan :

1. Captured by Wufeng since young and seeks survival (so I was right she probably has known HYS for a long time)

2. Her face has an exhausted and worn-out look because of her long period of training at WuFeng

3. She has tracing skills and is skilled in martial arts

4. Personality-wise she is good at scheming and acting. But she is kind and can't bear to see people do evil things. 

5. She doesn't level up because she can't bear to kill people, not because she doesn't have good ability 

6. She is tired of a life full of bloodshed and wants to be free, bears everything patiently

7. Does not have a "love brain". Even the person she loves can't keep/tie her down. (Maybe for now but I feel like later, based on previews...this could change in some ways.)

Sirry Usly:
5. She doesn't level up because she can't bear to kill people, not because she doesn't have good ability

So the theory about her actually being at a higher level is both correct and incorrect. Skills-wise, she is higher than chi but as for her actual status, she is chi because of her kindness. I don't think she's at a wang level yet though but maybe she could be close? 

Now segwaying into ep 4 ending: 

I think the ending is meant to throw us off. We see Gong Yuan Zhi ask his brother if things are as he expected and his brother just asks him if he brought the hidden weapon. But in the trailer for ep 5 we see Gong Shang Jue asking Gong Yuan Zhi what he thinks of A'yun and SGQ. He replies by saying they are pretty and GYZ says that makes them dangerous/suspicious. So outwardly, he is showing that he suspects just A'yun but inwardly suspects both of them. 

I am wondering if she is using her goal for freedom even at Gong mansion. To get away from Wufeng. There are a lot of wheels turning in that head of hers. 

Sirry Usly:

It's not just you and honestly, I feel like this demeanor is something his father picked up on because his face during ep 3. 

Btw how many legitimate sons did dad Gong have? And one daughter?

Enigma05:

4 sons and 1 daughter.

Enigma05:

Right now it's suspected to be 3 because Gong Zi Yu's birth was suspicious. And yes one daughter. 

I feel he's legit too....not sure about sons poison and weapons.....don't remember their names yet.

Enigma05:

I feel he's legit too....not sure about sons poison and weapons.....don't remember their names yet.

I also feel like all of them are legitimate but in the family what I stated is what they believe deep down. Well...maybe not the elders but still. 

The elders are confusing too. Maybe one of them is the mastermind. Anything is possible.

Enigma05:

The elders are confusing too. Maybe one of them is the mastermind. Anything is possible.

According to the map that was posted on Twitter there seems to be one "level" above them. Whoever holds that position is the mastermind. 

Cre: 新加坡小笔尖

Sirry Usly:

Sirry Usly:

Sirry Usly:

Was that her intention? I thought she said because, people who have never been independent, and have always been loved and cared from an young age would say that. That is probably the reason why she said, may be because she wanted to convey that she was a girl who hadn't seen much of the outside world, hence she followed her mom's words to survive.

Sirry Usly:

There's more in this:https://twitter.com/yushuxin_esther/status/1698354842597826620?s=46 Twitter thread with the accredited person above but these are the ones I thought were the most important.