I've read within this thread that the HPS and neidan were purposefully put through her by her master ling xiao after retrieving it. So I was wondering if it was just coincidence that LX found a sick baby., Or if that baby yanhui is sort of connected to Tianyou from the very beginning

CdramaAddict:

Youku is torturing us with 1 ep per day!!! ???

Yes I think the only reason my body clock is waking me up at the ass crack of dawn is so that I can watch this show ??

CdramaAddict:

I've read within this thread that the HPS and neidan were purposefully put through her by her master ling xiao after retrieving it. So I was wondering if it was just coincidence that LX found a sick baby., Or if that baby yanhui is sort of connected to Tianyou from the very beginning

Coincidence, Ling Xiao came across Yan Hui about to be abandoned by her mother because of her fatal heart defect and used the scale and neidan to save her (and also convienently hide the neidan from his master).

aiyolah...a lot of entertainment value and at the same time.....certain nostalgia for what's been deleted and replaced from the novel.

The author has been involved, but wonder to what extent these are her own dramatic interpolations or producer/screenwriter "suggested direction".

Good to see so much love for the drama, hope people find their way to the novel (original or translation).

I read the novel for ending's sake. Haha ? It was HE. Just don't snatch the HE youku! My guess was right that the HE scene was the white haired Tianyao. But, the scenes before that with the FL dying is just too painful. So I'm guessing were all in for a tear jerking ride too.

I read the novel but I don't remember mentioning a guy that is hooded with the sunflower elves in ep.13.  Does anyone know who he is?

hii everyone, i have a few questions :

1. will YH n TY get married at any point in drama?

2. is YH turn evil at any point in drama?

3. after TY stab YH n take the HPS, is he gonna pursue her n is she gonna forgive him quickly?

4. will there be any other love interest for TY?

5. any chance YH reincarnated as spirit ?

lovecat:

hii everyone, i have a few questions :

1. will YH n TY get married at any point in drama?

2. is YH turn evil at any point in drama?

3. after TY stab YH n take the HPS, is he gonna pursue her n is she gonna forgive him quickly?

4. will there be any other love interest for TY?

5. any chance YH reincarnated as spirit ?

If you are asking about what happened in novel

1. They get married at the end after she reincarnates

2. No, she never turns evil. 

3. He never stabs her to take HPS in novel. She creates an illusion and gives him her neidan to defeat the big bad, but without him knowing because he refuses to take it back. So without the neidan her days are limited and when she finally dies in the midst of the battlefield, what's left is the HPS in the hand of her friend which she tells to give back the TY. He is about to basically kill himself when her friend tells him YH's last words which is for TY to wait for her and that he has to live in order to remember her. So he has HPS back and later she reincarnates with her memories (gift from nine-tailed-fox King, also tied to Lu Sheng's reincarnation being able to remember his past life, but in the drama it's not LS' reincarnation but the same mortal body).

4. In novel, no.

5. Continuing from #3 - YH reincarnates, waits to grow up to 15-years-old and goes to find  TY and in the end she does. She had started cultivating on her own so, she will most likely cultivate further and achieve immortality in the novel.

Msdramalama:

I read the novel but I don't remember mentioning a guy that is hooded with the sunflower elves in ep.13.  Does anyone know who he is?

That's probably Demon King Fu Yin who is a drama-only character and probably replacing Qing Guang as our Big Bad of the story. Aside from causing the bad things in Bai Xiaosheng's life to manipulate him over to his side we don't know much about him yet.

I had read somewhere that the author of the novel is involved with writing the script and that apparently she wrote the novel when she was younger so she specifically made changes that I guess would be more in line for a TV show which is why she added extra characters like BXS. 

So I saw some clips in a video where it shows YH as more demonic and dark and I'm kind of disappointed that they felt it was necessary to have her turn dark in the show, like us that even necessary? Also so saw clips with him looking all evilish and dark and I am like why?! ?.

Erin:

I had read somewhere that the author of the novel is involved with writing the script and that apparently she wrote the novel when she was younger so she specifically made changes that I guess would be more in line for a TV show which is why she added extra characters like BXS. 

So I saw some clips in a video where it shows YH as more demonic and dark and I'm kind of disappointed that they felt it was necessary to have her turn dark in the show, like us that even necessary? Also so saw clips with him looking all evilish and dark and I am like why?! ?.

If the author was the one who made these changes I will be severely disappointed in her ability as a storycrafter because the changes are screwing with the consistency and themes of the story itself. I can't even see the logic behind them such as padding out the story for runtime because they legit changes the premise of the story by depowering Yan Hui???

BXS... he's a fun character but I don't understand his existence. He's not compressing or expanding the roles of any particular characters and he's tied with the Demon King Fu Yin plot which ooohhh man I have severe issues with the big bad being changed from Qing Guang to Fu Yin. A story about discrimination against a particular group and you make the big bad part of the discriminated group? The only way it could be salvaged is if Fu Yin was a xian cultivator.

This isn't even the length and breadth of my issues with the drama but those will be... revealed when I write my final review for the drama.

Yes. Agree. The novel was such a refresh because no one needs to turn from 'good group' to 'evil group' like most other stories. The novel is actually very exciting with many different battles and other details. Definitely don't get the need for BXS or either YH and TY to turn evil-ish. And how he got the HPS and the neidan back also make total sense and very interesting in the novel...not the way the drama is going right now. 

Here I am, ugly crying at 2am. Just finished reading the last few episodes of the novel, started when YH gave back the neidan, my tears just kept on flowing from then on. 

BTW, the author of the novel also wrote Cang Lan jue???  LBFAD. 

CdramaAddict:

BTW, the author of the novel also wrote Cang Lan jue???  LBFAD. 

Yeah I think the last 20 chapters are really good. It's touching. I just knew of this like yesterday too. No wonders, they sort of have a similar theme. Both stories are great. I just like BFTB a little more because novel doesn't have love triangle nonsense lol.