I know that it ll be hard to happen but what ll be a good 2nd season plot for you? They runaway together? Min her lost his memory? What you guess

I think it has to end like that personally. They've essentially been caught. Any continuation would feel kind of forced.

[SPOILER ALERT]

One of the ending options is they be caught but the author/director don't show this directly to us because last scene show the three possibilities: 1 - They runaways, 2 - Only Jisoo are caught, 3 - Both are caught.

And to me honestly i think that both runaway because the police officer don't have any proof against Ji Soo to expose him as a sexual traficant only the money tha's "proof nothing" and Min Hee if she is still alive.

SPOILERS!

I liked the ending too, but I do feel like it left many things unanswered, besides the fate of the two protagonists. 

Is Min Hee alive?

What exactly did Ji Soo say to his teacher?

On the other hand, I can't think of something that would make a second season worthwhile. 

But we will have to wait and see. Since this is a Netflix original, it could have a second season. It will probably be decided after they do the proper calculations.

[SPOILER ALERT]

I didn't really understand the ending. They showed Jisoo and Gyuri cornered at the stairs, but in the next scene,  the detective only saw the blood Jisoo left behind in the same corner of the stairs (where Jisoo WAS sitting). I hope that if season 2 ever arrives, it will explain what happened 

Twili:

[SPOILER ALERT]

I didn't really understand the ending. They showed Jisoo and Gyuri cornered at the stairs, but in the next scene,  the detective only saw the blood Jisoo left behind in the same corner of the stairs (where Jisoo WAS sitting). I hope that if season 2 ever arrives, it will explain what happened 

[SPOILER ALERT]

To me is like I told up there the ending let to the viewer to choose what happened in the at last scene showing the three possibilities but the cop view: 1 - They runaways, 2 - Only Jisoo are caught, 3 - Both are caught. But it's only a interpretation rly don't know what's happened I hope they escape.

I'm still not sure if I want a season 2 because I'm scared the plot will get drawn out, but I still feel like there's so much to explore from this ending, so if it gets renewed I'm sure the writes will do a good job!

[SPOILER ALERT]  

I wonder who it was Jisoo was smiling at in the end, someone came down the stairs but I'm not sure who it could be. I also want to know where Kitae went, cause he wasn't there when the cop came to the apartment. I don't see Jisoo's smile as a positive one, so maybe it was Kitae who came (even though he would've been fine pretty quick after being knocked out). The reason why I think it could be Kitae is that when the cop arrives there is one shoe on the stairs, so maybe there was a struggle and someone lost their shoe. But what happens after that I have absolutely no idea, cause it doesn't make sense for Jisoo and Gyuri to suddenly get away together with Kitae

sigr0487:

I'm still not sure if I want a season 2 because I'm scared the plot will get drawn out, but I still feel like there's so much to explore from this ending, so if it gets renewed I'm sure the writes will do a good job!

[SPOILER ALERT]  

I wonder who it was Jisoo was smiling at in the end, someone came down the stairs but I'm not sure who it could be. I also want to know where Kitae went, cause he wasn't there when the cop came to the apartment. I don't see Jisoo's smile as a positive one, so maybe it was Kitae who came (even though he would've been fine pretty quick after being knocked out). The reason why I think it could be Kitae is that when the cop arrives there is one shoe on the stairs, so maybe there was a struggle and someone lost their shoe. But what happens after that I have absolutely no idea, cause it doesn't make sense for Jisoo and Gyuri to suddenly get away together with Kitae

[SPOILER ALERT] 

Yeh one of the ending possibilities is something like you told Gi Tae down the stairs and fight with Gyu Ri and in some way she can defeat him and run with Ji Soo because the cop don't have anything to proof that Ji Soo and Gyu Ri are criminals only Min Hee's testimony that still unconscious.

Writers will have to be very creative when designing a sequel if it happens - smiles -

I hope for season 2 as well, because I hate open endings and I think it's a lazy writing. With no exception. No, it doesn't "make you think". It's just a hipster-writer kind of thing to do. I want to know author's story beginning to the end, no matter how hard it is for them to finish it. If I wanted to read a fan-fiction I wrote, I would write one, I don't need to be given that choice to "pick". Even if I come up with 100s of scenarios, and choose most probable one, end of day it still didn't happen because writer stopped in the middle, that's the only fact.

I don't care if 2nd season would be much less popular with people, I am not 14 years old, don't need some kind of "special endings". I am very content with day to day regular dramas where characters go through life events you can learn from something, even if it is metaphorically, which most people seem to hate these kind of dramas and find boring.

Potentially I could see it with a timeskip, where they are all together and trying to pay back the society, as well as make money, by hunting down other gangs doing same or similar work but treating girls poorly. And I hope it was Mr Lee who showed up in the end, with the pretext that he faked his death before. Hopefully Minhee is alive too. And hope Kitae is in on it, as bad as he was as a bully, and did not redeem himself, especially how he treated other classmates, he still had some saving hope. He cared about Minhee in the end, and went out to revenge her, even if he revealed her name in the end, as he was still battling the good and the bad in him.

With netflix, if ratings are right, it is more common to see season 2, especially because authors are more incentivised to do so, considering it is Netflix, international brand, and they are starting their careers.

I somehow think it could be Mr Lee.

From what I recall, there wasn't any confirmation of his death, it was all gossips from the people at school. In fact, when Min hee asked about his death, the officer didn't respond. She really could have just said nothing, because she didn't want Min hee to be mixed in this dangerous world anymore, or because she wasn't sure if Mr Lee was going to  make it.

Besides, Mr Lee clearly showed during the drama that he knew a lot about people around him, I'm sure he knew all there is to know about Ji soo, including where he lives. This would explain why Ji soo was smiling this way in the end, I can't see any reason while he would be smiling to Kitae, nor the officer.

This possible ending sounds nice to me and I'll stick to it, it doesn't feel like a second season is needed. As it's some kind of a psychological drama, playing tricks with your mind so you aren't sure if you should be supporting the main character's behavior and way of living, being able to decide for his ending isn't such a bad thing.