Izyda:

This is a very good theory. So I think Dark Hole may be the son of Sang Woon and Hwal. Perhaps Hwal was created to defend humans from demons and was the first Bulgasal. He fell in love with a woman and they had a son who, in turn, became a monster who could not control the bloodlust. Sang Woon cursed Hwal to saved her son, or maybe she cursed Dark Hole to saved Hwal?

That also makes perfect sense since dark hole seems to be tearful when he looked at the painting of sang woon! but it would be very painful if one day, they regain their memories but realize that their son is unredeemable….

But i think it is a bit impossible since Bulgasal Sang Yeon 600yrs ago only said to Hwal “ YOU again created another karma” which is weird if she is a mother since it means she would also feel  at fault for having a son that killed her 7times.

So here is my thoughts. ..

If you look at the mural on the wall when Ok Eul Tae was on the phone, the picture shows Sang Woon with a rode with Lotus flowers on it. Then there is a man walking away on the opposite side with monsters all around them and what looks to be humans also. 

So, the lotus flower on her rode is gold,  the gold lotus flower represents all achievement of all enlightenment. What if she was a special being and was never a Bulgasal to begin with because when she stabbed him she took his soul but nothing was ever given to him back. He jut became a Bulgasal without his human soul.  Which brings me to think that he is originally a Bulgasal who really took a soul to be human, possibly he did it to run away and hide.  I think they were in love in the past, per the vision he had when she touched him on the cheek. Then I think Ok Eul Tae, killed her family and blamed it on Hwal. So it started the circle of killing each other. "I despise you even more" is what she told Hwal when he stabbed her. Which left a mark on her shoulder since Hwal stabbed her, also why he has a mark on his hand from Sang Woon maybe stabbing him in the past. 

I think she figured out that she needed him to go back to his original form so that Hwal could kill Ok Eul Tae, that's why she killed him to make him become a Bulgasal. She knew she needed him. Oh also, I think it was a love triangle in the pass and she didn't pick Ok Eul Tae, so that's why he teared up at her photo because she didn't pick him and he loved her... so he killed everyone in the past.

The twin thing, I think her being a special being (having powers she doesn't know about, that why she could harm others and the weird cave vision she got with the growling dragon or something) I think she purposely split Hwal's soul giving her twin everything good and she only took the bad, that's why past Sister could remember still. It leads back to a whole yin yang thing , even when they are laying down on the apartment  floor looking dead, the twins are in a yin yang pattern together. So that's why she said Ok Eul Tae could never touch present day Sang Woon because she is pure/enlightened and he is darkness/death. Plus she doesn't have the scar so she had nothing to do with the pass, only that she has Hwal's soul. 

I think the hole in Ok Eul Tae's chest is a wound that he got from a battle against her, she did something to him that he can't reverse. So that's why he wants to kill her and she knew that once she was dead that was it for her and he would be healed to full strength. So she made the twin split the soul because if she died she was done but the twin could live on for seven more times.  

I also noticed that there’s a big Fire spreading around the them and the monsters in the painting

Including a Cave zoomed in by the camera which may be the one where Hwal lived as a child OR since its above the Teorokseon/Water Monster’s hand, maybe there’s a secret in his cave(?)

They are probably also big hints! Lotus flower also means Rebirth which is maybe what Dark Hole wanted to represent Sang Woon which is amazing since Hwal also means Rebirth (?) 

OH! Very interesting! I didn't think about that!!

She said Hwal was the sword and a sword doesn't act alone it needs someone to wield it. So maybe the fact that she has a lotus flower on her robe and his name means rebirth... maybe they have to act together to kill dark hole because they're not strong enough for him to fight alone. 

and why fire? no one seems afraid of it in present day so maybe its a picture of the last big battle. or Maybe there is a cave with answers in it... or the cave is the one from her vision. ahhh! 

so many questions! I love this drama!!

I also noticed that each monsters become strong when they’re in some situation. Maybe these are hints for how they became monsters. For example, the first monster is always eating people so maybe he died of Hunger. The next probably committed Suicide with a rope around his neck during a rainy day. And lastly, the recent monster who probably died of Drowning. 

The fire either means, Death by Burning them alive OR it may be just a representation of Wars OR to countless deaths/massacres in the past.

I also noticed a dog and a tiger and maybe snakes too in the painting HAHA… And a man with a a Conical Hat which may or may not be Hwal’s Father on the left. XD

Indeed it’s also impossible for me to not love this drama ❤️

I'm really enjoying discussing this with you! so many new things I'm thinking about now because of you!

That makes perfect sense on the origins of the monster, I didn't even think about that.

Since Bulgasal is an eternal soul and "cant be killed", then he has always been a monster?? He said he has been chasing her for 1,000 years but that doesn't mean he was only alive that long. He keeps saying "we are not enemies", is this just him trying to partner up with Hwal or is this a hint into the past also?? Maybe they were brothers, since both are Bulgasals??

The ex-wife (I forget her name) she has powers of seeing into ones past, could she see all the way back if she tried?? almost if she has that power.. 1) there must be more people with powers or 2) if she is the only one, then why does she have them? Is she an special being also, if so what part did she play in the past to be connected to both of them in the present. 

Also, something I found interesting is in the mural the hand gesture of the Water-Monster's hand. A thumb and index into a circle, and holding the other fingers, I wonder what this represents.  

I also enjoy communicating with you too! Sadly, I also dont have answers for your questions BUT I pray that you do not get a headache just like me these past weeks because of these questions you have HAHA

Good point! Dark Hole being Hwal’s brother or partner in rhe past have high probability! But I dont have any answer to how they became bulgasals but I really think Dark Hole’s soul is the one inside Sang Woon since he loves being Bulgasal, its plausible he wants to destroy his own soul to get rid of his weakness(?)(I wrote a comment here on this discussion about this so maybe you’d be interested to see that HAHA) 

The mysterious wife. This is what I call her everytime I think of her  HAHA I didnt realize that she definitely also has something huge to do in the past since I was too focused on our leads HAHAHA  Maybe if we try to focus on her, answers would come out!! What if she was also a Deity or another person cursed by Sang Woon? 

Now my head is spinning, and cant think of anything anymore huhu I probably need some sleep now xD Good night to you! I really hope to discuss with you again tommorrow!

Ahhh... that's a good observation! So if that's true what if Hwal and Song Woon both took Dark hole's soul as a punishment for something he did in the past to keep him at bay. *shocked* That's why he does have a hole in his chest and they have been playing keep away from him all these years.   

We will have to watch the wife more, they seem to give small hints in each scene. 

Also... who is the boyfriend? I wondered if its the second in command from the past, the one who hated Hwal and wanted him dead. We haven't seen him come back yet.

And I'm curious about the tattoo on Dark Hole's minion's neck. 

Sleep well!

I really like your comments and analysis of the wall painting in the Ok Eul-Tae residence. iamZ9 you were right, the soul in Song Woon's body does not belong to Hwal but to the Dark Hole. And after today's episode, I get the same impression that Dark Hole is the son of Hwal and Sang Woon. And in this I am confirmed by the words of the reborn shaman woman, who said during the fire that took place 50 years ago: if the child who lay in the mother's blood was killed with her, the events that took place later would not take place (here the fire and past events). It can be said that these words refer to Hwal and his birth, when his mother committed suicide and he was born anyway. But as for me, this applies to Sang Woon who committed suicide or was killed by someone who knew her child could become a monster? In any case, it is about the bond of blood, it binds them ... "the child who was smeared in the damned blood of the mother". Hwal's mother committed suicide, he was born of her blood, so he was cursed ... Hwal's children were also cursed, because the older son was sick and his eyes were leaking blood and the younger one died in childbirth. And now the question is whether the misfortune of his children was caused by him and his blood, or was Hwal's wife cursed? What if it was Dan Sol who had betrayed Sang Woon in the past and contributed to her death?   Also I don't get the impression that Dark Hole and Hwal were rivals in the past, as his help would not be needed. Surely he has a grudge against Sang Woon who tried to kill him or killed herself when he was still a baby? I also agree with the theory that the painting is a clue to their past. As for me, Hwal left Sang Woon, he abandoned her, so he stands in the painting with his back to her. Did something divide them or someone? I also think Dark Hole knows that Nam Do Yoon was the son of Hwal in the past so he sent him to him. If he is their son, in fact his story is the most tragic and I am beginning to understand him.

Ep7 was a good answer as to why Sang Woon stabbed Hwal 600 years ago - Either to try to hurt/kill Dark Hole or to try to snatch/protect the soul first so that she could protect it from being destroyed by Dark Hole.  This way, she could still have a “Chance” to kill Dark Hole and end the Karmas that kept on repeating through the 8 lives that will be given. So that’s why she said, “This is my final chance, I won’t be reincarnated anymore” before she died. So she failed.

Did she protect Dan Hwal when he was a kid from being stabbed because he doesn’t want him to die? And he doesn’t want him to die so she chose to steal the soul so that she experience death instead of Dan Hwal? Uhmm that is so painful to think about… T-T They most likely had a past relationship.

Now the questions are:

Who is Si Ho- was she cursed to read people’s past as a punishment OR  is it a gift this time to help Sang Woon remember everything? 

Or will it be The Shaman Lady Mother figure to help them know what to do for it all to end?

What happened in the past that made Dan Hwal to have the soul of Dark Hole? Was it Dan Hwal’s anger/impulse, was it a instinct as a bulgasal to get his tempting soul OR was it for the same reason like Sang Woon- to let him suffer for a long time? Was it Hwal’s curse to Dan Hwal and not Sang Woon’s? 

@Danaeno Im awake now! You know because its bulgasal day xD ok im bad at making funny jokes…HAHA sorry  Yesyes! That makes sense if its a punishment ! Thank you ! I hope we’d discuss again xD i cant see properly the tattoo T-T Yes Im keeping my watch on Si Ho too! XD

@Izyda Im so shocked i was actually right xD  you may be really right about Dark hole being their son! Your points really makes sense too! this is just my theory but … Maybe Sang Woon and Hwal grew apart because just like Si Ho’s reaction, their baby was unhealthy or was dying so Sang woon blamed it on Hwal! Because maybe, just like in the past, Hwal is always unlucky to not have healthy offsprings. Maybe he snatched his soul so that he could live instead but they didnt expect him to live an evil life as a bulgasal… But this theory is messed up because that means Hwal became selfish and didnt think of the consequences…Haha….but it could answer why sang woon hate Hwal… but maybe im just overthinking.. sorry xD

So excited to watch Ep 8 tommorrow! XD

Hello guys, I've been watching the show too through Netflix and I get the Goblin kdrama vibe with it. It has potential and I think it's underrated cause it's really really good (casting, plot, CGI, everything). 

Anyhow, idk if any noticed but before episode 7 I always suspected Wooseok's character Nam Do Yun as the reincarnated son of Hwal and Sol.  After episode 7 I'm kinda doubting about this theory though, cause of the plot twist between Eul Tae and Nam Do Yun.  As for the FL's plot twist I haven't got a clue what it is yet, but I think she can transform into Bulgasal too, especially when there was a blackout when she was being attacked by the nook monster, when she looked at her hand and wondered what happened.

It is puzzling why all the characters met after 600 years: shaman, Hwal, Sang Woon, Shi Ho, detective Kwon Ho Yeol (Shi Ho's father, possibly he was Sang Woon's brother or he knew her in a previous incarnation), Nam Do Yoon ( who may be the son of Hwal). It's a bit different with Dark Hole, which lives the longest of them and remembers everything that happened. Were they all cursed because they were associated with Hwal? Or are they in the painting in the Dark Hole house? As you have noticed, there are monsters that attack Sang Woon. There are also figures that look like people, they are placed as if in the clouds on both sides of the painting, probably mostly men, but probably there are also two women on the right side. One is standing on the ground (maybe a shaman), the other probably in the clouds in the upper right corner (can it be Shi Ho?). Were they all gods? Was it some kind of war between them? Or maybe they were divided into defenders and opponents of people, some helped them and others fought with them? And now I don't know if the man in the picture is Hwal or maybe the Dark Hole, which is leaving Sang Woon, because she chose people because she fell in love with a man? But I guess the man in the painting is Hwal. I guess that fits better. Which one is Dark Hole? When Dark Hole turned to the painting in the last episode, I had the impression that he is the man in the painting after all, it's like a hint, but it doesn't make sense? The question is whether he is their son or not, because I don't know anymore :)

Gosh, Hwal is so stupid. It is obvious that the Dark Hole is lying to him and he kills all those close to him. He does this to make Hwal hates Sang Woon and not believe anything she says. Turns out he hates both of them and wants them to suffer. This is his revenge on them. Was she his lover and was he his friend or were they his parents?

Hello.. Glad to know so many Bulga Fans.. Happy & nice to meet you all. I just loved your discussions. I had my head broken from headache thinking about all the possibilities. Now it will become more & more hearing all those beautiful theories of you people. I wonder why this drama is not so popular.. Because people hate to work with their brains. But I love & i see so many lovers here too.