Well, definitely Dark Hole is a bad character and what happened was his fault. Bulgasal never existed, he was the only one who created this character to cover up his brother's killing and frame eyewitnesses. We already know that A-chan is Nam Do Yoon, but wasn't he also Ok Eul Tae's brother? It is possible that Dark Hole is the cursed child of the prophecy, or it was created by Ok Eul Tae to make Hwal hate Sang Woon, but for me the whole prophecy is just fairy tales. It turns out that Dark Hole killed Sang Woon and took her powers and immortality to become immortal himself, as he was probably sick with tuberculosis. He's a real devil in sheep's clothing :) What if Sang Woon was Gumiho and not Bulgasal? She lived in a cave in the mountains like most typical foxes? Maybe Dark Hole became Bulgasal when he killed Sang Woon?

Now I know why Dark Hole killed the couple who was selling apples, they were the witnesses who saw him kill his brother. He is killing witnesses and villagers all the time so that no one can check their memories, because no one can learn the truth from the past. And the truth is, Dark Hole is a heartless man whose guilt is not allowed to admit a mistake he made in the past.

It seems to me that Nam Do Yoon was a brother of Dark Hole in the past, therefore he was probably blind in every incarnation; when he was Hwal's son, from his eyes even leaked blood. Isn't it all related to how he died? It is not Hwal that is causing the misfortunes of others, but Dark Hole. I think all the main characters will be related to him and not to Hwal.

Izyda:

It seems to me that Nam Do Yoon was a brother of Dark Hole in the past, therefore he was probably blind in every incarnation; when he was Hwal's son, from his eyes even leaked blood. Isn't it all related to how he died? It is not Hwal that is causing the misfortunes of others, but Dark Hole. I think all the main characters will be related to him and not to Hwal.

I think that too! 

Perhaps the little brother Ok Eul Tae was killing, might be somehow Sang woon's love interest or (might be Dan Hwal, i do have a feeling that little brother had same facial feature like Dan Hwal from 600 years and was a perfect soldier & heir according to his father.). Then Sang Woon saw the murders & killed Ok Eul Tae by snatching his human soul, gave it to Dan Hwal's body so that he can get reincarnated later. So that's explain why Min Sang woon kept saving little Dan Hwal from 600 years ago. 

Then 600 years ago, when Dan Hwal kept hunting all the monsters due to purpose of killing the real bulgasal, then Sang woon killed him saying that It's his bad karma that he is living his life miserably & she hated him for what she had done for him like saving him repeatedly, getting killed to save Boy Dan Hwal.

Oh.... My mini head is exploding ???

Some thoughts: So OET and Hwal were brothers in a past life before OET became Bulgasal. Which means the detective was also his father in a prevouis life. That explains his weird relationship and response to Hwal. Sang Un stops OET from killing his brother cuz he was the favorite. 

In EP1 hwal’s dream, in EP3 when hwal saw a glimpse of the past sang woon and, on EP9th past….They kept on hiding BulgaLady/SangWoon’s front … what if she’s pregnant that time 1000years ago? OMG.

Just like Hwal’s mom in EP1, Sang Woon wore a scarf on the head and overlayed clothes in EP9! It’s like a mother protecting a baby in her womb from the cold weather… *shock*

And what if Hwal is the father. JKSNDCJWIFHIWEU im gonna die from overthinking

It might be possible. But if the child is not Dark Hole, then who? Could it be Nam Do Yoon? And Dark Hole probably knew who Sang Un was, because he knew where she lived.

Izyda:

Well, definitely Dark Hole is a bad character and what happened was his fault. Bulgasal never existed, he was the only one who created this character to cover up his brother's killing and frame eyewitnesses. We already know that A-chan is Nam Do Yoon, but wasn't he also Ok Eul Tae's brother? It is possible that Dark Hole is the cursed child of the prophecy, or it was created by Ok Eul Tae to make Hwal hate Sang Woon, but for me the whole prophecy is just fairy tales. It turns out that Dark Hole killed Sang Woon and took her powers and immortality to become immortal himself, as he was probably sick with tuberculosis. He's a real devil in sheep's clothing :) What if Sang Woon was Gumiho and not Bulgasal? She lived in a cave in the mountains like most typical foxes? Maybe Dark Hole became Bulgasal when he killed Sang Woon?

I think this theory is very close to what actually happened 1000 years ago when it was their first lifetime. From what was shown in the latest episode, there appeared to be no such thing as Bulgasal and originally Sang Woon was not a blood-thirsty Bulgalsal but some other creature who was unfortunately in the same area that Dark hole was while he was murdering his own brother. He cleverly manipulated everyone to believe that he was the victim instead of being the perpetrator by using her as a scapegoat. So despicable! 

Yes, Dark Hole tricked everyone. Therefore, Sang Un was probably killed by the people of the village. But I still can't understand what kind of bonds Sang Un, Hwal and Dark Hole have, because there are probably some. If he is not their child then who? Why is he touching their things with such longing and he smelling them (he only did this with the things of Sang Un and Hwal), is it like he has lost his family members and the smell of their clothes would remind him of them? Or maybe to become a Bulgasal you have to be born one? It still bothers me.

Did anyone else catch that next week’s preview has the same bridge scene as episode 1’s opening? Its where they are struggling on the bridge and the two of them fall off and Hwal floats down river then stands up in the water. Its interesting that we are coming full circle to episode 1 now to me.

Here is my thoughts…please understand I’m typing this at 5am before going to work as Im working extra hours these two weeks... So it will be fast and hopefully make sense lol

Sang Woon was pregnant 1,000 years ago (I agree) they almost gave her a baby bump with the coat covering the area to hints at it. I think the baby was Nam Do Yoon and the father was Hwal. Just so many things point toward this I believe.

Hwal was the brother now sure now or some relation for sure, the faces are different yes… other than maybe age difference or I even thought was if she took his soul from his dying body to save it and put it in Hwal’s body to save his soul. With Dark Hole smelling and folding his coat this just seems like its right one some level. Lol but this shows throws turns that I don’t think of so who knows.

So what is Sang Woon saw DH killing the brother and took the brother’s soul and placed it inside Hwal. I think that without a soul anyone can become a Bulgasal.  So if she took DH’s soul even though he was sick he would become a Bulgasal. He has been chasing down the soul of his brother’s because he can’t rest until its gone as a punishment.

Sang Un was DH’s wife/love interest 1,000 years, we never see anything about her. He even told the monster not to touch her when she was kidnapped. Then he flirts and touches her hair telling her he didn’t know why she was around them. I think the reason she is powerful is because she is also the daughter of Ms. Lee. Lee a 1,000 years ago. Ms. Lee has the gift of foresight, and she has the gift of past sight. This would make sense if they were mother and daughter. *shrug

I have more thoughts but I’m out of time *Sigh* If anyone wants to pay my bills so I can watch this drama all day I would greatly appreciate it lol

OH! That's right, I also thought one one thing what if Hwal 1,000 years ago was told Sanf woon- his love interst somehow was a Monster that killed someone  on the mountain so he tried killing her. She stabbed him in the hand to protect herself and "killed" her and the baby so that's why she despises him. 

I have a stupid idea. It's impossible that Hwal could be a child? Maybe his father was the brother of Dark Hole and killed him because he loved Sang Un too? Or Dark Hole was the father, he killed his brother because he discovered the cave where Sang Un lived? But it would be crazy :D

Guys what if the reason why Bulgalady killed Hwal only after Hwal became an adult  was because Hwal decided to march with his army to the mountain(ep1). OET heared about this news so he killed all the soldiers & Hwal’s family, and then planned to destroy the soul too. Until, bulgalady appeared and ruined his plan when she snatched the soul.,.

This may mean BulgaLady deliberately made Hwal a bulgasal hoping that he could defeat dark hole that day... maybe she didnt plan this at first until she realized she couldnt kill dark hole by herself …

What if that day, she realized that to defeat dark hole-the owner of the soul should die together with it… What if she didnt want hwal to die this way so she snatched the soul instead so she would be the one to die instead…

why did i write this …im crying help …why does bulgalady sound so lonely ???

i hate my brain now for writing this…

DanaeNo:

OH! That's right, I also thought one one thing what if Hwal 1,000 years ago was told Sanf woon- his love interst somehow was a Monster that killed someone  on the mountain so he tried killing her. She stabbed him in the hand to protect herself and "killed" her and the baby so that's why she despises him. 

Yes… What if Eul Tae did the same thing again like in the present? Like probably , he caused a rift between Hwal and BulgaLady 1000years ago resulting to the hate of BulgaLady to Hwal T…T

And what if Hwal being the “sword” meant “companion”- What if Hwal and BulgaLady were Bulgasal’s who had the mission to eliminate monsters from the land and protect the Goryeo people until Dark Hole killed Hwal and made him human or vice versa ? *gasps*

I think its also possible that there’s another lifetime where Hwal is an adult, fell in love with BulgaLady, where Si Ho is present and, where Hwal got the scar and where Hwal maybe is another bulgasal before he got Dark Hole’s soul. ..

I wonder where are you guys, my fellow crazy theorists.. im so anxious thinking about all my theory in this drama T…T i hope you all are fine and doing okay <333 take care always!