I made this with Matsumoto Jun :3 (not actually with like. With him there. That'd awesome. But I just made it with a picture of him).

So many pictures O_o I'm happy. I first watched him in Kimi wa petto, then gokusen. Not a big fan of arashi, but his acting is great.
i just finish watching vs arashi and matsujun's goon ad played and i realise that i always smile when i see this ad, no matter how i feel. i mean how could you not smile with all the cuteness in this cm. i don't know if it's been posted here before but even it has it's worth posting twice.

making of cm

and now the actual cm...this one is longer than the one i see on tv everyday.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toLD6n-a4HE
i just finish watching vs arashi and matsujun's goon ad played and i realise that i always smile when i see this ad, no matter how i feel. i mean how could you not smile with all the cuteness in this cm. i don't know if it's been posted here before but even it has it's worth posting twice.

making of cm

and now the actual cm...this one is longer than the one i see on tv everyday.
Aww, this is soooo cute, wow! :) I was just wondering, kowing that Matsumoto Jun is a singer, if he had played a character who is a singer/sings in a drama/movie? :)
i haven't seen him play a singer but in natsu no koi... drama he played a desperate for work actor and in one epi he played the piano and sang.
HYD was the first Japanese drama/Matsujun drama i ever watched. I instantly fell in love with him & his acting and then finding out his was in Arashi got me into jpop. i feel like it's because of him i like japanese dramas and music ^^ his only other drama/movie I've seen him in is Gokusen & his movies with Arashi..I still ship him with Inoue Mao so I struggle with his other dramas xD orz But i seriously love watching him on Arashi's variety shows! he is hilarious and fun to watch :D
boutux wrote: i haven't seen him play a singer but in natsu no koi... drama he played a desperate for work actor and in one epi he played the piano and sang.

Okay. I was just curious. :) But isn't it sort of a waste of talents not to combine them though? :)
I like his performance in Lucky Seven and in Gokusen! :)
So what do you all think of Bambino? I'm watching it now, I have almost finished it and I like it sooo much! How to put it, it's not a cute romance or anything terribly exciting, but it's about learning and growing as a person, it's interesting... and the supporting characters are likeable and well developped, it's just nice to watch them all together. Plus, all the yummy food, ha ha!

Anyway, Matsumoto Jun plays this guy Ban who dreams of becoming a chef; he's quite emotional, but enthousiastic and ambitious, and immensely likeable and cuuute! It's like... watching this makes me want to hug him! :D But it's not possible, so this MatsuJun-appreciation thread seems like the place to come and squeeee! :D Right?

I'll confess, I didn't immediately see the appeal of this guy - maybe because Hana yori dango was the first drama I saw him in and I always had mixed feelings about Domyouji, or should I say that I strongly disliked certain sides of his personality while finding other sides of him endearing, and that probably played a part in how I didn't really care for the actor. (You know how it often is, right - you love one character, so you want to see more from the same actor... I did not feel that after HYD.)

Then I watched Kimi wa petto because a friend said it was very good, and I'm so glad I listened. (To be brutally honest, my first thought was "oh, it's that guy"...) I think you have to be made out of stone if you don't like Momo!! At times I almost found it hard to believe I was watching the same actor. I also watched Gokusen recently, and that's when I began to realize that Matsumoto Jun might be an actor I like after all. And actually, thinking back on HYD (which I still loved, btw!), I can appreciate the acting a lot more and see that he really did a good job portraying a pretty interesting if not always likeable (imho) character. I'm not reminded of Domyouji when I see Matsumoto Jun in other roles, and that says something, if you see my point!)

As I watched Bambino! I was thinking, "hmm, this is a nice drama...", and then a few episodes into it, when Ban genuinely smiled for the first time, it felt like I had sort of (without realizing it) been waiting for it... Yes, I really like this guy's smile! So, I feel like I'm on the verge of becoming a fan! ;) Not to the point of thinking he's hot/sexy/attractive/etc (sorry, but I just can't feel it, then again I'm extremely picky), but I just like him!

...Okay, that was all. Just wanted to let that out. ;)
I discovered MatsuJun when my Japanese teacher showed us Hana Yori Dango. I watched the entire series within like a weekend and have been a fan ever since. However, I have a really hard time watching some of his dramas like Smile and a couple of other things. Sometimes these guys are in dramas that are so darn sad. Hana Yori Dango is my favorite one he has been in.