MDL Link: http://mydramalist.com/actor/182/matsumoto-jun

Biography: Matsumoto Jun, often called by the nickname MatsuJun is a Japanese idol, singer, actor and radio host. He is a member of Japanese boy band Arashi and is best known to Japanese television drama audiences for his portrayal as Tsukasa Dōmyōji in the Hana Yori Dango series, in which he won GQ Japan's Man Of The Year Award under the singer/actor category for his work in the drama.
Matsumoto began his career in the entertainment industry when he joined the Japanese talent agency Johnny & Associates in 1996 at the age of 12. Prior to his debut as a singer with Arashi in 1999, Matsumoto started an acting career when he was cast as Teddy Duchamp for the stage play Stand by Me, which was based on the film of the same name. Since then, he has went on to appear in numerous dramas and movies, receiving a number of awards and nominations for his roles.
------------------------------------
And he's currently playing in Lucky Seven!
When I first started watching dramas, I instantly fell in love with him. His acting is one of the purest I've ever seen. I loved him in HYD and Kimi Wa Petto, but I really fell in love with him after watching him in VS Arashi, his personality is adorable and it's refreshing to see what he's like as a person and not only in dramas. I laughed because of him in Kimi Wa Petto, I fell in love with him in HYD and I cried for him in Myu no Anyo Papa ni Ageru. I can't even begin to describe how much I appreciate this actor, but I hope he will continue to bring us all lots of joy in the future and that he never gives up his acting career, plus he's really cute when he sings too.

*ilovehimsomuchicantevenbegintoexplain*
rubaxxa wrote: When I first started watching dramas, I instantly fell in love with him. His acting is one of the purest I've ever seen. I loved him in HYD and Kimi Wa Petto, but I really fell in love with him after watching him in VS Arashi, his personality is adorable and it's refreshing to see what he's like as a person and not only in dramas. I laughed because of him in Kimi Wa Petto, I fell in love with him in HYD and I cried for him in Myu no Anyo Papa ni Ageru. I can't even begin to describe how much I appreciate this actor, but I hope he will continue to bring us all lots of joy in the future and that he never gives up his acting career, plus he's really cute when he sings too.

*ilovehimsomuchicantevenbegintoexplain*

i'm a lil bit opposite to u. i didn't fall for him automatically from dramas. i liked him in gokusen, thought he was hot for sure and wanted to see more of him. then i saw him in hanadan and i hated his character. but seeing hanadan helped introduced me to arashi and their music and variety shows and like u i fell. lol. from d no arashi where his DoS personality started to shine and also learning how protective he is over the group, to their recent variety shows like vs arashi(my personal fave) where he shows how athletic he is. he really is the leader and very caring but his hard demeanor won't let that show too often. except if u've watched most arashi variety shows then u learn that he is the big baby crier of the group. :) he is a good actor. if u disagree i suggest u watch smile. i haven't seen all his dramas/movies to date...yet but i'm definitely a fan.

and epi 1 of lucky 7 was good.
I liked him in Hana Yori Dango very much. He's a very good actor :)
boutux wrote: i'm a lil bit opposite to u. i didn't fall for him automatically from dramas. i liked him in gokusen, thought he was hot for sure and wanted to see more of him. then i saw him in hanadan and i hated his character. but seeing hanadan helped introduced me to arashi and their music and variety shows and like u i fell. lol. from d no arashi where his DoS personality started to shine and also learning how protective he is over the group, to their recent variety shows like vs arashi(my personal fave) where he shows how athletic he is. he really is the leader and very caring but his hard demeanor won't let that show too often. except if u've watched most arashi variety shows then u learn that he is the big baby crier of the group. :) he is a good actor. if u disagree i suggest u watch smile. i haven't seen all his dramas/movies to date...yet but i'm definitely a fan.

Yeah :) I'm going to watch Smile, but I've heard people say you'll cry lots if you're a Matsujun fan, so I'm still working up the courage to watch it, I cry easily and I don't really like to watch dramas where I end up feeling really bad after the drama is finished. Good girls love happy endings right? I just hope there is one :P
rubaxxa wrote: Yeah :) I'm going to watch Smile, but I've heard people say you'll cry lots if you're a Matsujun fan, so I'm still working up the courage to watch it, I cry easily and I don't really like to watch dramas where I end up feeling really bad after the drama is finished. Good girls love happy endings right? I just hope there is one :P

only drama to make me shed a tear and trust me i'm not a crier and tried hard not to shed tears watching this many times.
boutux wrote: i'm a lil bit opposite to u. i didn't fall for him automatically from dramas. i liked him in gokusen, thought he was hot for sure and wanted to see more of him. then i saw him in hanadan and i hated his character. but seeing hanadan helped introduced me to arashi and their music and variety shows and like u i fell. lol. from d no arashi where his DoS personality started to shine and also learning how protective he is over the group, to their recent variety shows like vs arashi(my personal fave) where he shows how athletic he is. he really is the leader and very caring but his hard demeanor won't let that show too often. except if u've watched most arashi variety shows then u learn that he is the big baby crier of the group. :) he is a good actor. if u disagree i suggest u watch smile. i haven't seen all his dramas/movies to date...yet but i'm definitely a fan.

It's still not subbed right?
not yet. it only came out yesterday
boutux wrote: only drama to make me shed a tear and trust me i'm not a crier and tried hard not to shed tears watching this many times.

WELL, then I need to watch a lot of happy ones to man up :3 heh
He's one of my favorites actors..I really think he's briliant for the fact that he can act so many different kinds of characters:X
I really liked him in Hana yori dango and Gogusen.I think he has eyes out of the world:D

I love him!! <3<3<3 He is great in everything he has played in :p

one word. "DROOL" ahhahaha
Aya97 wrote:

don't u guys think he looks like muzishima hiro in this pic. i love his fluffy hair

hava rava hasn't posted in this thread yet. i am shocked :O
boutux wrote: don't u guys think he looks like muzishima hiro in this pic. i love his fluffy hair

Yes I know...I have to admit that when I first started watching drama I somehow thougt they were the same person:P
boutux wrote: don't u guys think he looks like muzishima hiro in this pic. i love his fluffy hair

Haha I heard you calling my name ~~

He rele looks like MizuHiro in that pic ~~
Or should say MizuHiro looks like MatsuJun since Jun is older I think.

When i watched Hana Kimi I fell in love with MizuHiro then I watched Gokusen and was all sold to MatsuJun 'cus I thought he was MizuHiro : DD Then I watched Kimi wa Petto, HYD, and other MatsuJun dramas and now he's my absolute #1