Ikuta Toma used to be in a variety show for kids called Tensai Terebi kun. Being a member of a then all-children band called Strawberry Parfait, he was popular with the audience. He was then offered an opportunity to join Johnny's Entertainment, together with a fellow bandmate in Strawberry Parfait. He auditioned, got accepted and began to participate under Johnny's Jr in February 1996.

The 2007 Fuji TV summer drama Hanazakari no Kimitachi e, controversial in its gender-bending nature, was perhaps Toma's biggest break in Japanese Entertainment.

Trivia:
High school best friend of actor, Tomohiro Kaku.
Attended Meiji University.
The name "Tomasu" was used to be his "trademark" as he hosted a show named Meitantei Tomasu in the Shounen Club program.
His family consists of a father, a mother named Hiromi, a younger brother named Ryuusei, and a dog named JAM-chan.
His father wanted to name him Ikuta Tamegorou, but his mother changed it to Toma because it was easier to say.

Dramas:

Neverland (2001)

Hito ni Yasashiku (2002)

Akihabara@Deep (2006)

Hana Yori Dango 2 (2007)

Hana Kimi (2007)

Maou (2008)

Honey and Clover (2008)

Hana Kimi Special (2008)

Majo Saiban (2009)

Voice (2009)

Unubore Deka (2010)

Kyukei no Koya (2010)

Films:

Hanamizuki -May your love bloom a hundred year- (2010)

Ningen Shikkaku (2010)

The Seaside Motel (2010)

The Tale of Genji (2011)

Bokura ga Ita (2012)

MDL Page
I loved him in Hana Kimi 2007 and Hana Yori Dango 2. I plan to watch all of his movies and dramas. :D

Homo Janai!

I like this song that he did :

I first saw Toma in Hana Kimi [2OO7] and I absolutely loved him as Nakatsu! He was perfect for the part, funny, endearing, but his character was just....great haha. He's one I remember really well, and not because I've seen the drama twice and watched my favorite parts a gazillion times haha. I wanna see more of Toma, I think he's a good singer and he's a good actor. I loved seeing him have a guest role in Hana Yori Dango 2, too :D

I can always, in my head, see him going "suki onna wa, homo janai, homo janai, ho-mo-ja-na-i!"
Crazy4You wrote: I first saw Toma in Hana Kimi [2OO7] and I absolutely loved him as Nakatsu! He was perfect for the part, funny, endearing, but his character was just....great haha. He's one I remember really well, and not because I've seen the drama twice and watched my favorite parts a gazillion times haha. I wanna see more of Toma, I think he's a good singer and he's a good actor. I loved seeing him have a guest role in Hana Yori Dango 2, too :D

I can always, in my head, see him going "suki onna wa, homo janai, homo janai, ho-mo-ja-na-i!"

Hahaha I wanna watch Hana Kimi again!!! Nakatsu ♥♥♥♥ His internal monologues and gestures to go along with it are fantastic!!!!
Sleepninja wrote: Hahaha I wanna watch Hana Kimi again!!! Nakatsu ♥♥♥♥ His internal monologues and gestures to go along with it are fantastic!!!!

Hahaha I wanna rewatch it, too!! :D And they are!! hahaha. I really need to either A) burn the series or 2) find it online haha. I don't really wanna buy it online because I don't know if I'm getting the correct copy and I think the free fansubs are done so much better anyways
Kyaaa~ I'm loving the Ikuta spam. That pic with the puppy is beyond adorable! ;D
I didn't know he played in Hana Kimi :D I saw him in Honey & Clover ^^
Haha Yeah He was in the original Hana Kimi drama that aired in 2007. (I loooved that drama :D)
I've never seen him in anything, but I'm planning to watch Honey & Clover sometime in the future.
I like this song too! Now it's on my iPod xD
didn't we already have a toma discussion thread?
LisNoir wrote: I've never seen him in anything, but I'm planning to watch Honey & Clover sometime in the future.

I recommend it, he's really cute in it :)
boutux wrote: didn't we already have a toma discussion thread?

I don't think so........we have a Hana Kimi thread though and were talking about him in there. But I had never seen a Toma thread.