This drama has been torturing me for over a decade now! Especially since I never finished it... Even the TV station that showed it told me that the only way for them to find it was to go through the physical copies they held in boxes unorganised and they just couldn't be bothered :|
So, the drama itself was about two young samurais or warriors of some kind, definitely Japanese background though. There was this serving girl that would take care of them both, She was in love with one of them while his friend was in love with her. She rejected the friend while the guy she was in love with was also cold towards her. Throughout the series he warmed up to her and his friend grew jealous and they fought. During the fight the girl run in between and was killed by the guy who loved her originally. So the other guy took her body and hid her in some waterfall to "preserve" it? And the guy who killed her by accident set off to look for her. 
Sorry if this confusing with the main two male characters. 
This was around where I had stopped watching due to moving. The drama aired on Ukrainian TV station TET around 2004-2006, so chances are it was on the Japanese television much earlier. 
Any sort of information would help even if it's about a similar drama.