Having achieved his life-long dream of being a pilot, Hajime is first officer on an international jetliner and is now working to become a captain. He can't seem to please Captain Koda, who has become an exacting taskmaster since an air incident many years ago. To complicate matters, he begins a relationship with stubborn and straight-talking mechanic, Ayumi, whose parents died many years ago in the plane crash for which Captain Koda feels he is responsible.

Cast:

Takuya Kimura as Hajime Shinkai (新海元)
Shinichi Tsutsumi as Kazuki Kōda (香田一樹)
Kō Shibasaki as Ayumi Ogawa (緒川歩実)
Rina Uchiyama as Urara Fukaura (深浦うらら)
Naoto Takenaka as Jane Naitō (内藤ジェーン)
Yasunori Danta as Kenzaburō Ōta (太田健三郎)
Hitomi Kuroki as Noriko Togashi (富樫のり子)
Jun Kaname as Takayuki Abe (阿部貴之)
Yoon Son-ha as Park Mi-suk (朴美淑)

Let's give some love to this amazing drama! Who beside me enjoyed it? ( I know at least Bladey did ^_^)
I watched this drama a long time ago and I remember that I enjoyed the way the story went into great detail about the aspects of pilots and mechanics jobs. I developed a fear of flying many years ago and some of the take off and landing scenes in this drama were quite strong for me but I could endure watching them thanks to the brilliant acting of Takuya Kimura. However I have to say that in this drama the character who struck me the most was Captain Kouda (Tsutsumi Shinichi) who was truly fascinating in his kind heart disguised with firmness. The love story was also good and treated very delicately as only the Japanese can do.
sunflower63 wrote: I watched this drama a long time ago and I remember that I enjoyed the way the story went into great detail about the aspects of pilots and mechanics jobs. I developed a fear of flying many years ago and some of the take off and landing scenes in this drama were quite strong for me but I could endure watching them thanks to the brilliant acting of Takuya Kimura. However I have to say that in this drama the character who struck me the most was Captain Kouda (Tsutsumi Shinichi) who was truly fascinating in his kind heart disguised with firmness. The love story was also good and treated very delicately as only the Japanese can do.

Kouda - Shinkai were the most amazing duo ever. I love that through the rough road they got a true master - student relationship. The way Kouda was always extremely strict with Shinkai on direct contact , but then always favoring him in his decisions was very lovable and really made my heart happy. All those scenes when Shinkai was working with and under Kouda supervision were the best parts of the series- you could see that he really developed as a pilot then. I was also happy to see that Shinkai helped Kouda to open up and forgive himself.

I liked other pilots too, Captain Jane-LOL! Naoto Takenaka always seems to play those funny, womanizing, yet very insightful and well- meaning mentors (Stresseman in Nodame as well ^_^)

This show made me realize that pilots are quite elusive people actually, you don't see them too often, they mainly contact the crew only and their world is limited to that little cockpit with a splendid view. But there is something admirable in that profession. In the hype I started reading everything about it, and it seems that so much time and dedication is needed to become a commercial pilot, that mostly people who really love it and dreamed about it since childhood are able to get that job. I don't know any pilots personally to confirm that, but I think you can feel that vibe in this drama.
Just finished and I loved it! Kouda's story and growth actually was the more interesting arc but that doesnt take away from Shinkai and Ogawa. The acting was great and the ending well done. I'm happy I stumbled upon this drama. It made a tough weekend bearable.

I seem to never go wrong when I choose a Kimura Takuya drama ^^
infiniti512 wrote: Just finished and I loved it! Kouda's story and growth actually was the more interesting arc but that doesnt take away from Shinkai and Ogawa. The acting was great and the ending well done. I'm happy I stumbled upon this drama. It made a tough weekend bearable.

I seem to never go wrong when I choose a Kimura Takuya drama ^^

Right..right..right!!!
Anything with him is bearable:)
Here is one vido with NG's of this drama:

Little something to ease your withdrawal symptoms :D
Raincat wrote: Here is one vido with NG's of this drama:

Little something to ease your withdrawal symptoms :D

Well, thank you, now I want to re-watch the whole drama again :/