Rand:

Gegege no Nyobo, Massan, Dondo Bare,  Teppan, Manpuku, Tsubasa all have the main heroine start at the late teenage years or later.

True in Manpuku but there at least, we get to see her becoming a mother, so the span of time is larger than 10 years. In Massan as well, several years go by.

Amachan's story may take around 2-3 years only (no childhood, no motherhood, no marriage)

The subs for Hitomi are complete and availabe on d-Addicts.

The heroines of the Fall/Winter 2021 Asadora "Come Come Everybody" were announced today!

Kamishiraishi Mone x Kawaei Rina x Fukatsu Eri 

Mone and Rina were selected from an audition of 3061 applicants.

Congrats to them! And excited to watch this drama in a year's time :D

Not surprised with lil Mone. For Fukatsu Eri, she has always been an awesome actress but I just didn't see it coming especially when it turns out she's the only one out of the trio who got appointed from the start. Really surprised they picked Kawaei because she hasn't been impressed me so far. It doesn't mean she is an outright terrible actress or something, I just see her as average geinoukai actress in average-quality series. Perhaps she can prove me wrong like what Haru did in Asa Ga Kita.

lontongstroong:

Not surprised with lil Mone. For Fukatsu Eri, she has always been an awesome actress but I just didn't see it coming especially when it turns out she's the only one out of the trio who got appointed from the start. Really surprised they picked Kawaei because she hasn't been impressed me so far. It doesn't mean she is an outright terrible actress or something, I just see her as average geinoukai actress in average-quality series. Perhaps she can prove me wrong like what Haru did in Asa Ga Kita.

I totally had forgotten that Kawaei was in Toto-neechan and Idaten. I did not expect her to be picked. With the current selection trends, Mone was a lock.

SiriV1634:

My father and I have been watching Scarlet and we've blazed through six ish ep's per day (we're on 21), and MUCH TO MY DISMAY, THERE'S ONLY 35 EPISODES SUBBED. Now I have to say "let's only watch 2 per day" so it'll last till Sunday. Anyone know where to find these? It's quite difficult for my dad to like shows I watch, but he loves this one (my mom sometimes watches too). Though if i have to cut it off saying there's not enough ep's on Sunday, he'll prbly lose interest even if it shows up a month later. Lol i'm literally willing to venmo 5 bucks to subbers at this point that's how desperate I am haha.

There are no subs. ECOTVSubs is the only person subbing Asadoras. Most Asadoras subbing projects never get completed or can take 4+ years to finish. I would suggest to not start watching an Asadoras until the subs are finished.

Hi! I just finished Hiyokko and now I’m contemplating which asadora to watch next. I’ve watched quite a number of asadoras and Ohisama is my favorite while I really enjoyed Hiyokko, Churasan, Mare, and Amachan. 

Which asadora do you recommend I watch next? 😊 

komorebei:

Hi! I just finished Hiyokko and now I’m contemplating which asadora to watch next. I’ve watched quite a number of asadoras and Ohisama is my favorite while I really enjoyed Hiyokko, Churasan, Mare, and Amachan. 

Which asadora do you recommend I watch next? ? 

First, awesome username if reference to 木漏れ日. The asadora I would recommend is Hanbun, Aoi. It is up there with Hiyokko as my favorite asadora we've watched so far. It's a beautiful, sweet, moving and funny story with memorable characters. Definitely give it a few weeks of episodes to grow on you. 

The other two we've seen are Mare and (still finishing) Toto Nee-chan. Those are really good, too. Solid 8.5/10. We couldn't get into Churasan, Manpuku or Beppin-san. We watched 40+ episodes of Asa ga Kita and Gochisousan and didn't enjoy either. 

BTW, Hiyokko and Mare have sequel specials if you haven't seen them. 

emaureeng:

I enjoyed Massan.

Thanks for this suggestion! I've read good things about it. :) Will definitely consider watching this.

Nabbit:

First, awesome username if reference to 木漏れ日. The asadora I would recommend is Hanbun, Aoi. It is up there with Hiyokko as my favorite asadora we've watched so far. It's a beautiful, sweet, moving and funny story with memorable characters. Definitely give it a few weeks of episodes to grow on you. 

The other two we've seen are Mare and (still finishing) Toto Nee-chan. Those are really good, too. Solid 8.5/10. We couldn't get into Churasan, Manpuku or Beppin-san. We watched 40+ episodes of Asa ga Kita and Gochisousan and didn't enjoy either. 

BTW, Hiyokko and Mare have sequel specials if you haven't seen them. 

You're the first person who got the komorebi reference! That makes me so happy! It's a play on words with my nickname. <3 

I started watching Hanbun, Aoi a few years back but stopped when I found out that subs weren't complete yet. Guess it's time to pick it up again. Also thank you for the heads up about the specials! I've watched Hiyokko's but not the Mare special. Thank you!

Spring 2022 Asadora just announced!!!!

Title: Chimudondon
Heroine: Kuroshima Yuina
Screenwriter: Habara Daisuke (He also wrote the asadora Massan)
Narrator: Jon Kabira

Plot:
Yuina will play Higa Nobuko, the main character who was born and raised with her four siblings in a farmhouse in the "Yanbaru region" in the northern part of the main island of Okinawa. She aims to become a chef drawing inspiration from Okinawan cuisine. The four siblings follow very different paths, but the memories of their hometown connect their hearts and they're able to overcome their hardships as a family. (Set 50 years ago, when Okinawa returned to the mainland.)

The title "Chimudondon" means "exciting feelings" in the Okinawan dialect.

There are already pretty reliable rumours on who might join the case. Nakama Yukie, Kamishiraishi Moka and Kawaguchi Haruna will likely costar. 

Personally, I am super excited for this one!!!! I've been hoping Yuina would get to lead an Asadora for the longest time now, and I'm really interested in the plot. 

Good for her.  Seems an excellent fit with the background and story, and I've heard cooking is her hobby too.

Subber here for Natsuzora (remaining episodes), Scarlet, Yell. Ochoyan and Warotenka.

I just finished subbing Week 3 of Warotenka and Week 4 of Ochoyan.

Subbing for asadoras will happen every week from Saturday to Monday.  
Here's how they alternate: Ochoyan, Yell, Scarlet, Warotenka.

I am planning on taking on "Come Come Everybody" 

ECOTVSubs:

Subber here for Natsuzora (remaining episodes), Scarlet, Yell. Ochoyan and Warotenka.

I just finished subbing Week 3 of Warotenka and Week 4 of Ochoyan.

Subbing for asadoras will happen every week from Saturday to Monday.  
Here's how they alternate: Ochoyan, Yell, Scarlet, Warotenka.

I am planning on taking on "Come Come Everybody" 

Thank you for continuing to sub asadoras. You are the only active asadora subber that I know of.  We all appreciate your hard work.