Rand:

Thank you for continuing to sub asadoras. You are the only active asadora subber that I know of.  We all appreciate your hard work.

I believe HPriest is taking on Okaeri Mone! Exciting times.

Thank you ECOTVSubs for all of your hard work on these series (and the doramas you've translated, too). We are enjoying Tengoku to Jigoku a ton.

Back to the asadora topic, I was wondering what posters' favorite credits sequence is.

For me, I haven't seen a ton of asadoras, but the credits in Hanbun, Aoi and Hiyokko are sublime. The songs perfectly match the unbridled creativity of the visuals. When Hanbun, Aoi's credits are brightly endearing, Hiyokko's are deeply heartfelt. 

I like the credits pretty well in Gochisousan. The music is nice in the Asa ga Kita credits but the credits themselves don't feel as creative. We're finishing up Toto Nee-Chan and the series itself is wonderful but the song isn't too resonant with the themes or tone of the series, and the paper doll artstyle feels kind of misplaced to me. I didn't like Gochisousan much but I did enjoy the credits much more than in Toto Nee-Chan.

I'd be eager to read about the favorite credits sequences for you all.

Teaser of Mone-chan in Come Come Everybody. So cheeky ><

It looks like the transcription project for Dandan is complete on d-addicts.  Subs for 113 and 118 are still missing though because they did not have hardcoded subs to transcribe from. Does anyone know who might be able to sub this? I would ask ECOTVSubs on Patreon, but I know they have not had a good experience with the d-addicts admin.

Rand:

It looks like the transcription project for Dandan is complete on d-addicts.  Subs for 113 and 118 are still missing though because they did not have hardcoded subs to transcribe from. Does anyone know who might be able to sub this? I would ask ECOTVSubs on Patreon, but I know they have not had a good experience with the d-addicts admin.

They kicked me out for posting a Patreon link all while another certain subber is putting one on their post but gets away with it. 

ECOTVSubs:

They kicked me out for posting a Patreon link all while another certain subber is putting one on their post but gets away with it. 

Their rules are very strange and arbitrarily. Honestly, their forum is kind of dying, and it is sad that another j-drama community will probably disappear in the near future 

Once upon a time I'd watch an Asadora that took place in contemporary times. Now it feels like the TAIGA drama takes place in a more modern setting than the Asadora, which annoys me greatly.  (I see you, "Asa ga Kita!")

God help me if a future Asadora decides to cover the COVID era...

Saburo:

Once upon a time I'd watch an Asadora that took place in contemporary times. Now it feels like the TAIGA drama takes place in a more modern setting than the Asadora, which annoys me greatly.  (I see you, "Asa ga Kita!")

I bet at one time they will make futuristic-themed asadora, set around post WW3 dystopian future lol.

Saburo:

I feel you. I prefer modern settings too. Hanbun, Aoi is pretty contemporary if you haven't already seen it. Wonderful asadora, too.

Nabbit:

I feel you. I prefer modern settings too. Hanbun, Aoi is pretty contemporary if you haven't already seen it. Wonderful asadora, too.

Yep, I saw "Hanbun Aoi." And kudos for an asadora/taiga drama that (GASP!) didn't touch the WWII era.

OTOH... Boy grandpa's reminiscing made up for a lot (along with B&W stock footage of marching troops). And there was another looming historical tragedy just ready to be served up the last couple weeks of episodes. 

Urgh. They be going back to 1920-1940 FOREVER!

p.s. I sat through YELL and said enuff, passed on Ochoyan.

Saburo:

p.s. I sat through YELL and said enuff, passed on Ochoyan.

Okaeri Mone has a modern setting and will get ongoing subs by HPriest. Starts this month. 

Nabbit:

Okaeri Mone has a modern setting and will get ongoing subs by HPriest. Starts this month. 

Interesting. I watch  the NHK Asadoras on local cable TV. They're several weeks (months?) behind Japan so I suspect I won't see this new title until the end of this year at the earliest.

Here I am again with more new asadora news !

NHK has already announced the 107th NHK asadora titled Maiagare! (eng: "fly high")

STORY: Mai lives with her family in Higashiosaka where her father runs a small factory. She also has ties in the Goto Islands  in Nagasaki prefecture where her grandmother lives. It is there that her passion for the sky is born after she watches traditional Goshima Baramon kite flying. This passion turns into a dream to become an airplane pilot. 

Screenplay by Kuwahara Ryoko. Will start airing Fall 2022.

Cast will be announced in the winter... anyone have any hopes/dreams for casting? 

Maiagare sounds interesting! Thanks for posting the news. I read on NHK that it will take place in 1990. 

I couldn't find much about the writer Kuwahara Ryoko at first, but she penned the wonderful adaptation of Kokoro no Kizu wo Iyasu to Iu Koto last year. 

She also wrote the short and sweet Home Not Alone.

I haven't seen Why She Can't Rest in Peace but commenters on MDL seemed to enjoy it.

Based on what I've seen from her doramas, I'm definitely looking forward to her asadora. No idea who to hope for in casting, though. Interested to see others' hopes.