OMG, this!

I loved the mother's reaction in this: like every fangirl reaction out there when the OTP kiss (a real kiss not the freaking wide open eyes kiss)
jacqueline wrote: Me too, I find the whole stalking him at his workplace almost everyday creepy. I like more of the ending that part of it.

The stalking part is the worst!

CheerfulSoul wrote: OMG, this!

I loved the mother's reaction in this: like every fangirl reaction out there when the OTP kiss (a real kiss not the freaking wide open eyes kiss)

LOL, she was crazy in there!
CheerfulSoul wrote: The thing about this story (Four drama versions and an anime) is the way Kotoko loves Naoki so much until she melts his heart, you saw the anime so I am sure you know the wayit goes. However, I believe there's an extra point that this drama wins: The female lead, she's not as clingy as in other versions and even in the anime. She has some dignity compared to others.
I agree that no woman would accept being treated like that but in this drama world, they're focusing on "how a heardworking woman could've melted a cold hearted man's heart throught her love" or something cheesy like that.

This is the fourth remake after Itazura Na Kiss Japan 1996, It started with a kiss and They Kiss Again Taiwan and Playful Kiss Korea so it is another remake like Playful Kiss and it will take a similar pattern but in my opinion this is much better. Oh Ha Ni was a big stalker and never funny. At least, Kotoko makes me laugh in this.

i understand all that but even if it's a drama seeing a good girl like that mistreated doesn't sit well with me. i still want to punch irie in the face. during the tennis training epi i got so pissed. couldn't he see the bruises on her skin, didn't he realise that he was pushing her too hard? he just didn't care. picking her up when she inevitably got injured didn't seem romantic to me at all. and if i was her father the moment i saw the bruises on her leg irie would have gotten a bruise on his face. the entire time i was watching the anime i kept asking myself why i was watching it. i actually hoped she would get over him and move on with kin. i don't watch kdramas but if i did and it is as bad as you guys say and its worse than the anime i wouldn't be able to complete it. at least this one has a semi respectable kotoko and it's funny which makes me able to sit through watching a girl throw herself at a man who doesn't deserve her
boutux wrote: i understand all that but even if it's a drama seeing a good girl like that mistreated doesn't sit well with me. i still want to punch irie in the face. during the tennis training epi i got so pissed. couldn't he see the bruises on her skin, didn't he realise that he was pushing her too hard? he just didn't care. picking her up when she inevitably got injured didn't seem romantic to me at all. and if i was her father the moment i saw the bruises on her leg irie would have gotten a bruise on his face. the entire time i was watching the anime i kept asking myself why i was watching it. i actually hoped she would get over him and move on with kin. i don't watch kdramas but if i did and it is as bad as you guys say and its worse than the anime i wouldn't be able to complete it. at least this one has a semi respectable kotoko and it's funny which makes me able to sit through watching a girl throw herself at a man who doesn't deserve her

Well, I truly never thought that after I watched the korean version I would EVER want to watch another version of this set up. I am so surprised at myself for watching this drama!

Boutux...I don't think you would like the Kversion at all! I can't describe it but oh man they made the lead female incredibly stupid and pathetic. ugh...
boutux wrote: i understand all that but even if it's a drama seeing a good girl like that mistreated doesn't sit well with me. i still want to punch irie in the face. during the tennis training epi i got so pissed. couldn't he see the bruises on her skin, didn't he realise that he was pushing her too hard? he just didn't care. picking her up when she inevitably got injured didn't seem romantic to me at all. and if i was her father the moment i saw the bruises on her leg irie would have gotten a bruise on his face. the entire time i was watching the anime i kept asking myself why i was watching it. i actually hoped she would get over him and move on with kin. i don't watch kdramas but if i did and it is as bad as you guys say and its worse than the anime i wouldn't be able to complete it. at least this one has a semi respectable kotoko and it's funny which makes me able to sit through watching a girl throw herself at a man who doesn't deserve her

I really don't know what you guys are talking about when you say "mistreatment"...If she doesn't want to do it, she can walk away at any time...he is not forcing her to play tennis...he is not forcing her to follow him around...he is not forcing her to like him... He is not mistreating her, he is being honest...When you practice anything physical you get bruises and aches and pains until you learn to do it right....

BTW I loved the Korean version...Ohani was not a stalker, she was a woman who knew what she wanted and went after it until she got it.
goldenseal50 wrote: I really don't know what you guys are talking about when you say "mistreatment"...If she doesn't want to do it, she can walk away at any time...he is not forcing her to play tennis...he is not forcing her to follow him around...he is not forcing her to like him... He is not mistreating her, he is being honest...When you practice anything physical you get bruises and aches and pains until you learn to do it right....

BTW I loved the Korean version...Ohani was not a stalker, she was a woman who knew what she wanted and went after it until she got it.

i know it's a drama but for a sec take the drama aspect out of it. think of kotoko as your friend. if your friend liked a dude and he treated her the way irie does would u be happy about it? he knows how she feels about him but he is so mean to her, he's a bully. he puts her down, makes her feel stupid, makes her feel like she is not worthy of him. he kissed her for spite, that's not romantic it's mean. he is cold and he has no regards for her feelings at all. as for the tennis thing everyone noticed the toll it was taking on her, her dad, her friends and kin chan were concerned about her. they all noticed the bruises. irie showed no concern, he just continued to push. aches and pains are one thing but c'mon. she does have some responsibility in this matter. if that was my friend i would tell her snap out of it. she should be stronger, more confident, smarter and see her own value. she is responsible for her actions and yes if you really think about it she is a stalker. why i like this version of kotoko better is cuz she doesn't take all irie's meanness lying down. she defends herself. she works hard to make herself better. even wanted to stop loving him because she feels hurt so much. in the anime everything was about irie but in the drama so far it doesn't feel like that. she has a bit of identity so i respect her more than i did the personality void anime version.
Oh Ha Ni was a sad no self esteem stalker. Her only goal or direction in life was chasing after a guy who mostly ignored and treated her like crap. If she would have showed any desires and direction for her life other than chasing after a boy I could maybe buy into the view she was a girl who knew what she wanted and went after it. I have a daughter and I would chain her to a chair if she acted like Oh Ha Ni...or allowed herself to keep chasing after a boy who showed no interest...again and again and again and again.
I admit, this is way better than the original Japanese version but it can never beat the Taiwanese version no matter how I see it. Sorry my beloved Japan, I know I betrayed you a little but it's the truth.
Aphrodity wrote: I admit, this is way better than the original Japanese version but it can never beat the Taiwanese version no matter how I see it.
Sorry my beloved Japan, I know I betrayed you a little but it's the truth.

I second that, to me the T version will always be special. It really gave me an impression of intimacy with the characters. I was believable, moving, and trully funny. The sincirety of the actor was also a great asset to that version of the drama. I will forever love ot more than any other version
(like any j-drama would ever give us a honeymoon scene such as shown in They Kissed Again!!!)
Im only on episode 2 and i already looove this drama. Mainly because i was a similar situation with my intelligent unrequited crush.... Only that one ended badly... So i hope this drama ends well so i can continue to live in fantasy land. I also really adore the two main characters in this drama! Kotoko is funny and cute. And her obsessiveness with Naoki reminds me of myself :') Naoki is perfect. I hate him but secretly love him at the same time.. just like my crush Also like the mom, she has a very funny japanese humor type woman which i appreciate. Like when she took a picture holding up a piece sighn next to Naoki and Kotoko sleeping xD I selfishly love this drama
Jeaniessi wrote: Oh Ha Ni was a sad no self esteem stalker. Her only goal or direction in life was chasing after a guy who mostly ignored and treated her like crap. If she would have showed any desires and direction for her life other than chasing after a boy I could maybe buy into the view she was a girl who knew what she wanted and went after it. I have a daughter and I would chain her to a chair if she acted like Oh Ha Ni...or allowed herself to keep chasing after a boy who showed no interest...again and again and again and again.

lol OHani thought she had a chance with the hottest guy in school, when she gave him that letter....that says high self esteem to me..

Most goals worth going after meet failure several times before you achieve them.....

And who made you the goal judge? lol People choose all sorts of weird shit for goals...I think a girl picking a man as a goal is pretty normal.

as for Love In Toyko...episode 9 was soooo boring.
I didn't enjoy this week's episode a lot.
goldenseal50 wrote: lol OHani thought she had a chance with the hottest guy in school, when she gave him that letter....that says high self esteem to me..

Most goals worth going after meet failure several times before you achieve them.....

And who made you the goal judge? lol People choose all sorts of weird shit for goals...I think a girl picking a man as a goal is pretty normal.

as for Love In Tokyo...episode 9 was soooo boring.

I agree with the whole goal thing and self esteem. A high school girl-such as the character basically has boys on her mind. My high school girlfriends were the same, wanted boyfriends. The getting into a good college and those other things came around jr./senior year.

Anyway, didn't really like this weeks episode, though Yuki's fake mustache somehow reminded me of Mario. Also the special was kinda boring, wonder why when they were comparing Playful Kiss with Love In Tokyo but not ISWAK, the dubbed PK was kinda through me off too.
I want the Episode 10 :(
i like that her friends went to bat for her with irie-kun. the way they did it was awkward/funny. i still wank to smack him. lol