Szasha wrote: Yep. :) In the special it's being said that a new Liar Game with all past finalists is to take place aka a hint to the movie LIAR GAME: Reborn and Alice is said to be an important character in the new movie but introduced in a mini-series. So I'd say: watch them before the movie.

K, thanks. That's what I was concerned about.
I think the special is supposed to be seen before Reborn (kinda like what they did with the Gantz movies/special), but I am not sure about Alice. Alice is an important character, but I wonder if part of the suspense in Reborn is not knowing much about Alice or her back story.
Kawaikochan wrote: I think the special is supposed to be seen before Reborn (kinda like what they did with the Gantz movies/special), but I am not sure about Alice. Alice is an important character, but I wonder if part of the suspense in Reborn is not knowing much about Alice or her back story.

No - I've watched the first episode of Alice in Liar Game and it's about her background so far. I guess it's possible to understand the newest movie without having seen the mini-series, but when putting all Liar Game media contents in a chronological order it certainly goes before Reborn.
I doubt they produce a prequel, because that's what Alica in Liar Game ultimately is, that takes away some of the tension and suspense in the actual movie.

I've got my problems with Alice - I want to cuddle her. Liar Game Head Bureau? Phew! :)
oh you saw the movie already? (I may have missed it if you mentioned it before in the thread) How was it? The special was decent but I have big hopes for the movie :) The reason why i thought Alice in Liar Game may come after Reborn is because that is the order in which they were released. (Reborn was released on March 3 and Alice in Liar Game began airing on the 5th) Usually the first weekend's box office takings are the most important, so I thought that they wouldn't release something that you would need to see before the actual film after the opening weekend. Prequels are not unheard of. Since you've seen the first episode, I've been wondering: is Alice in Liar Game a prequel to all of the Liar Game series? Like how far back in Alice's life do they go? (I'm guessing it can't be that far, she's only 7 lol)
Kawaikochan wrote: oh you saw the movie already? (I may have missed it if you mentioned it before in the thread) How was it? The special was decent but I have big hopes for the movie :)

No, I haven't. :) I've only seen the special, like you, and the first episode of Alice in Liar Game.

wrote: The reason why i thought Alice in Liar Game may come after Reborn is because that is the order in which they were released. (Reborn was released on March 3 and Alice in Liar Game began airing on the 5th) Usually the first weekend's box office takings are the most important, so I thought that they wouldn't release something that you would need to see before the actual film after the opening weekend. Prequels are not unheard of.

It's just my explanation and my ideas - but if Alice was really spoilery, why would they have broadcasted it just a couple of days after the movies was released. After all only a couple of people would have seen the movie by then.
As I said I think it's possible to watch the movie without knowing Alice's background but it won't hurt if you've seen it. :) (Or at least I hope so! rofl)

wrote: Since you've seen the first episode, I've been wondering: is Alice in Liar Game a prequel to all of the Liar Game series? Like how far back in Alice's life do they go? (I'm guessing it can't be that far, she's only 7 lol)

No, it's not. The story picks up two years after the Liar Game final and when we do get to see a little of Alice's past it's not as early as the beginning of the first game/or even earlier.

I am already missing Matsuda and as I said Alice is a kid who reminds me of my cousin when she was a little. I'd like to cuddle her but a member of an evil organisation? Aww, she repeatedly says words such as revenge. And although she does try her hardest to keep a poker face and succeeds (partyl) I can't consider her a real and serious member of the Head Office. :)
Szasha wrote:
I am already missing Matsuda

Exactly my thoughts! they had constant previews and flashback clips throughout the special and I thought "i know he's hot, but wow, i forgot how hot he is" lol and his character is just so cool.
Kawaikochan wrote: Exactly my thoughts! they had constant previews and flashback clips throughout the special and I thought "i know he's hot, but wow, i forgot how hot he is" lol and his character is just so cool.

Oh Jesus - I thought the same! :D I was a little bored and everytime they showed a preview of a very cool Matsuda I was getting pretty giddy. And he does look damn cool. And he speaks damn cool. And he acts damn cool.
He's just as cool as his manga equivalent. <3

Btw, I am sorry for my speech up there, I just can't control my fingers and I was even trying to keep it short. :)
God Bless it! I WANT TO SEE THIS SO BAD! Where is it?!

Ahh! Liar Game Reborn DVD Release date is September 19, 2012. One month! And subs? ...I shall try to be patient. or...possibly scramble over to YesAsia and buy it. LOL
Jeaniessi wrote: Ahh! Liar Game Reborn DVD Release date is September 19, 2012. One month! And subs? ...I shall try to be patient.

or...possibly scramble over to YesAsia and buy it. LOL

Jeanie, I hate to say this...... but you still might have to wait for subs with YesAsia. *ducks and runs* lol Unless they are subbing it for the DVD release already.
Sleepninja wrote: Jeanie, I hate to say this...... but you still might have to wait for subs with YesAsia. *ducks and runs* lol Unless they are subbing it for the DVD release already.

Well, don't a lot of DVD's get released with English subs? NO? Crap. I have to wait for Region 2 anyway.
Jeaniessi wrote: Well, don't a lot of DVD's get released with English subs? NO? Crap. I have to wait for Region 2 anyway.

Seriously! I feel like I've been waiting a year for this movie lol.
Kawaikochan wrote: Seriously! I feel like I've been waiting a year for this movie lol.

Feels like it but actually it's only been 1/2! I guess that is how badly we both are dying to see this... Double anticipation.

God..I can't wait!
So, i finally decided to watch this drama! I hope i won't get disappinted.
CheerfulSoul wrote: So, i finally decided to watch this drama! I hope i won't get disappinted.

you wont :D its GOOOOD!