Navik1443:

I hope so but still, there are fewer and fewer Wuxia dramas worth watch these days and the quality also is lower than before... they only do Historical xianxia or Modern dramas, High quality Historical (real) Wuxia dramas are dying... T_T

I agree with you, I dropped most of dramas. Once a year we'll get the good one, the rest were just to get by, or maybe we're too picky or too high of standard. We put our hopes in JOL.

Happy St. Patty’s Day (for those who celebrate). It’s beeen a while since I last posted so I want to provide some updates. First, there has not been any news directly from the actor 郭麒麟 (GQL) who plays our ML’s brother saying he will not be in JOL2 so I really do not believe the rumors flying around are true. Unless we hear directly from the actor himself or we see an update from the production company about the official cast that confirms this fact, let’s try to  take everything else with a huge grain/bowl of salt. 

I also want to bring to light something important. In China there are a group of people who are completely anti our ML and anti JOL. I have been following closely to JOL forums in China who know more about what is happening over there. In one thread, one poster was discussing what actors could play ML’s brother if GWL wasn’t in that role ( something they themselves knows is not official) and randomly just named another actor just for fun. Then all of a sudden, we see several Chinese articles written saying it is official that this other “actor” (who the poster just named for fun/joke) will be replacing GQL in his role as ML’s brother. 

Then we see more and more articles from different media platforms write about this as if this was real. If it wasn’t  the main poster coming out and posting all this was simply a joke a lot of people would have believed GQL was truly replaced. The poster even said it was mainly the anti ML groups that were the ones that spread all these false rumors….including the many many articles that say the original cast will not be casted and XYZ actor or actress won’t be playing in JOL2 or 3. The goal of doing this is to get JOL fans so frustrated and disappointed to the point we give up on watching JOL and thus decrease our support for ML so he gets less support overall which is what these anti ML and anti JOL people want. 

That’s why I feel it is very important to disregard anything that hasn’t been officially confirmed by the actors themselves or by the actual production company. I know there is a lot of concerns and we too are tired of waiting but let us make sure we don’t get negativsly influenced by things anti ML and anti JOL groups do. Like we too have seen how so many of these articles (about XYZ original  actor will not be in JOL2) have been proven wrong when actors themselves have come out to clarify things (like Wu Gang - actor who plays Chen Ping Ping says he will be in JOL2 even when there are hundreds of articles saying he has pulled out) so let us wait and see what happens. If I get any information directly from the actors or production company I will definitely post it here. But so far I haven’t cause it’s mainly been rumors without any supporting evidence to confirm their validity.  

Thank you for sharing this with us, sjadvocate! It sucks to think there are groups of people who are deliberately spreading rumors just to affect JOL negatively. I seriously don't get why there are people hating on it so much. Still hoping the best for JOL2 and 3. It will happen when it happens and I will definitely be watching it.

I saw 'Marcus Here {YouTube} news about JOL 2. As he said; Xiao Zhan, Li Qin, Guo QiLin, Song Yi are not returning for JOL. I think 'Marcus Here' is pretty reliable and legit, he won't put it out as rumor. Pretty disappointed but curious who are they going to be replaced with.......can't wait.

I never thought Xiao Zhan will be in season 2, so no disappointment here for me. I don't like Li Qin, so I'm fine with that too. About all the rest, I'm very sad not to meet them again in this amazing story ;-;

SM4DAR:

I never thought Xiao Zhan will be in season 2, so no disappointment here for me. I don't like Li Qin, so I'm fine with that too. About all the rest, I'm very sad not to meet them again in this amazing story ;-;

I predicted Xiao Zhan was too busy (too famous) to take a supporting role. I don't like much of Li Qin or Wan'Er, on my personal opinion (only) she's the weakest character in Fan Xian's life. GQL and SY will be missed though as brother and sister, SY has many project going on but idk about GQL. As long as Wang QiNian, Fei Ji, Gao Da, Chen Ping Ping, HaiTang Duo Duo are still played with the same people I would be happy.

Xtinew:

I saw 'Marcus Here {YouTube} news about JOL 2. As he said; Xiao Zhan, Li Qin, Guo QiLin, Song Yi are not returning for JOL. I think 'Marcus Here' is pretty reliable and legit, he won't put it out as rumor. Pretty disappointed but curious who are they going to be replaced with.......can't wait.

There has not been anything official that confirmed the above actors or actresses will not be in JOL2. Even the media in China can’t confirm this so it’s not that ‘Marcus Here’ isn’t able to make legitimate claims but no one at this point can confirm anything 100%  other than the ML and Wu Gang will be in it cause the actors have said so themselves. Media in China can only speculate but speculation may or may not be true. Personally, I highly doubt the actress Song Yi won’t be in it because in her own videos she has been giving her fans updates about JOL2 all this time and even told her fans she’s keeping her schedule open for JOL. 

It is possible that what ‘Marcus Here’ shared/speculated at this point might end up becoming true later on (or it might be off) but I personally rather wait for official news to come out that comes straight from the actual production company or the actual actors or actresses themselves than believe China media who can only speculate what ”might” happen.

As soon as I hear anything official I’ll post it here. If I share anything that is based on speculation I‘ll share that this is based on speculation instead of using “definite” language that says “for sure“ XYZ actor or actress won’t be in it. I know because of how long we all have been waiting we greatly are in need of news and crave for any kind of update. But I try hard to hold off on giving any updates that are based on speculation because it impacts us emotionally for real even if what is being shared may or may not be true. 

Given I shared beforehand many anti ML and anti JOL groups have worked hard to spread rumors about JOL2 casting that they claim are “facts” but in truth (many) are actually based on speculation and China media takes it up (to get extra clicks) because as long as anything JOL is published it will lead to high levels of attention (to the point maybe ‘Marcus Here’ and others begin to believe these “speculation claims” as true) and trend high in searches  what ends up happening is we get influenced and it affects our thoughts and perceptions which then impacts how we feel and what we do. Thus, to make sure we don’t get impacted by things that are not factual or accurate news, I do my best to share as objectively what is actually confirmed news that I can support as evidence through direct links from the actor/actress or production company or will share info that is based on speculation by saying it is based on speculation. It is already hard enough that we are here waiting; the  last thing I want is for us to get influenced emotionally by something that may or may not be true but can’t be confirmed either way. 

thank you, sjadvocate, for looking out for us and keeping an eye on the cast and crew's social media. Its a difficult situation, both for chinese fans who are much more in the midst of that chaos, and for international fans who have no way to doublecheck information they hear due to the language barrier, and knowing that there's a person who is very much trying to be a reliable source of knowledge, and who regularly looks through the relevant cast and crew's socmed and will share the information here, is something I appreciate a lot

MomoDeMana:

thank you, sjadvocate, for looking out for us and keeping an eye on the cast and crew's social media. Its a difficult situation, both for chinese fans who are much more in the midst of that chaos, and for international fans who have no way to doublecheck information they hear due to the language barrier, and knowing that there's a person who is very much trying to be a reliable source of knowledge, and who regularly looks through the relevant cast and crew's socmed and will share the information here, is something I appreciate a lot

Thanks MomoDeMana for your words. As someone who is lucky enough to understand Chinese I can understand the frustration of not having direct access to first hand knowledge or news about JOL that comes from chinese sources. But like you know, even those that understand the language get negatively influenced from speculative claims that are disguised as facts. Only those who have  been deceived many times before and thus have become more cautious and intentional about fact checking and confirming the claims are able to be backed by supporting evidence are able to question what chinese media puts out instead of believing what has been shared and thus be led astray without even realizing it. It is actually from these “cautious“ people that I have learned  to never believe in anything (and take speculations with a huge bowl of salt) unless it comes from the production team directly or the cast/crew themselves.  That is why even though everyday there are new “updates” that come out about JOL2, many that truly contradict each other I don’t post on here that often unless it is something major that can be backed up by supporting evidence or something that the cast or crew shared directly. 

Recently a JOL2 project proposal/plan/book was released by a marketing platform called 花生小生花 (here is the link to the SPOILER RIDDEN project proposal (don’t click on it if you understand Chinese and don’t want to come across plot spoilers): https://weibo.com/6566905425/4884758200324348

The proposal/plan/book included the JOL2 storyline trajectory along with the fate/final outcome of many of the main characters along with the casting  for JOL2 including the “supposedly” JOL1 actors/actresses that will “return” along with new characters that will be introduced in JOL2. The entire proposal is 32 pages but only a portion of the pages were released. 

First, to be honest, we do not know the authenticity of this project proposal/plan/book, who wrote it, who was it written for (as project proposal/plan/book could be written to solicit funders), when it was written, and whether anything in it reflects what will actually happen given this was NOT released by the production company but any a marketing platform not connected to the production company. 

Second, the proposal/plan/book revealed the ultimate fates of the main characters which I personally don’t think the production company would do (release this to the public) given that ruins the viewing experience for us drama watchers.

If you are too curious, you can click on the link to just see what JOL1 actors/actresses are “supposedly” returning but please note given we don’t know how authentic this project plan/proposal/book is and whether it will be anything like what actually happens, please take everything with a huge bowl of salt. 

Lastly, despite us not knowing the authenticity of this project proposal/plan/book and all I have shared if you all want me to translate what was released, please reply to this post saying you want this and I’ll find some time to translate it to the best of my ability (images of the proposal were released but they are very pixelated so some I might not be able to discern).

I will be back once there is more official news from the cast/production company on anything JOL2 related. 

What would pain me is that after all the wait and it doesnt come out good like the wolf

I saw a video that Marcus here did where he talked about this topic again and said he found another rumor or article that said the cast were all returning which negated his video before where he heard something that said quite a few the cast wasn't returning so he's not really going to report on anything now until everything's confirmed LOL

I saw a video that Marcus here did where he talked about this topic again and said he found another rumor or article that said the cast were all returning which negated his video before where he heard something that said quite a few the cast wasn't returning so he's not really going to report on anything now until everything's confirmed LOL

Any news guys??? I hope i will be alive when its finally out