Davaa Zogsoo:

Any news guys??? I hope i will be alive when its finally out

I'm planning to use the technology used by that old civilization that froze the main character's mother to wake her up several hundred years later.   Looks like the only way to watch the next seasons.   :-) 

They can all return but I hope they get a new actress for the role of Wanner ‘  LQ got no presence … 

darkstar:

I'm planning to use the technology used by that old civilization that froze the main character's mother to wake her up several hundred years later.   Looks like the only way to watch the next seasons.   :-) 

Hahah good one 

I've been waiting for many centuries. lol

darkn3ss:

They can all return but I hope they get a new actress for the role of Wanner ‘  LQ got no presence … 

The actress might have more experience now and do better in the role. 

Saygo:

The actress might have more experience now and do better in the role. 

Nope we seen her in other things she still cannot act ! They may as well just cast someone else. Same with the female lead in Snow sword ! 

darkn3ss:

Nope we seen her in other things she still cannot act ! They may as well just cast someone else. Same with the female lead in Snow sword ! 

I do really like her. Actor or actress, it really depends of each of us. Some of them, who are really love and support by dramaland, I just can't watch their drama. For me, I can't see another "princesse au pilon de poulet" (that's how we call her in this drama, in France) than her. 

darkn3ss:

I just want S2 to be made. Who they cast as FL, which is an insignificant part does not fuss me at all.

I've got into the discussion of this, I don't like Li Qin, she isn't a great actresses and her dramas has never been on the look out. Her character in JOL is a weak one,  Wan'Er is holding FX's character down, HaiTang DuoDuo is more to FX' speed. But if they change Li Qin to different actress, too much of adjustment will disintegrate our interest in JOL - I really want the original actors/actresses to come back to their roles and that's include Xiao Zhan.   

achuland:

I do really like her. Actor or actress, it really depends of each of us. Some of them, who are really love and support by dramaland, I just can't watch their drama. For me, I can't see another "princesse au pilon de poulet" (that's how we call her in this drama, in France) than her. 

I have no problem with her character in this drama.  Can't expect every character to be the same!

I got so excited because I saw a video on YouTube that was like oh updated Joy of Life cast and so I was like oh so I went to watch it and it's just rehashing old rumors about the cast on whether they were or were not returning I was like freaking clickbait got me all excited 🤣

Hi everyone. I am back with some updates. Okay…the production company HAS NOT formally announced that JOL2 filming will begin yet. So what I am about to share is not official given nothing has been officially announced yet; however, I feel there is a bit more than speculation this time  because things appear to be moving. 

So here it is. There seems to be some indication that JOL2 filming opening ceremony will take place soon, potentially next Wed May 10. In China, before a drama begins filming, a filming opening ceremony will take place where all important actors and actresses along with crew members will gather to take a group photo to mark the official beginning of filming. 

These are the indicators that something might be happening for JOL2 (please still take this with a bit of salt since nothing was officially announced):

- One of the producers for JOL2 when asked whether JOL2 can start filming by May 2023. said yes. (I saw screenshot of the response before it was deleted). However he also shared JOL2 and JOL3 will not be filmed together!!

- China media captured on video our ML, FL, and Tian Yu (actor who plays Wang Qi Nian) meeting late night together recently (I saw video on Weibo)

- A few people saw film sets related to JOL2  being put up in 襄阳影視城 (Xiangyang Movie and TV City) where many historical dramas are filmed. Related to this another person saw loads of cars and trucks heading to Xiangyang as well. The company used a different film name to cover the fact it was JOL related but because China fans have gotten indicators in the past  (from JOL production company main Weibo site) that is where JOL2 will begin filming they can’t deceive fans. 

- Some JOL fans have shared ZRY (ML) has a flight booked for Xiangyang on May 9th. I haven’t seen ZRY schedule myself but fans have said they saw it.

- Xiangyang Movie and TV City recently confirmed on their site that starting today May 7 (until June 5th) shows being recorded on several Xiangyang sites  will stop filming there because filming for another drama will begin and film sets need to set up as well. Certain shows that normally are filmed daily on those sites have been moved to another location and even 1 show was cancelled.  You can see the announcement here: Xiangyang announcement 

- Someone asked Xiangyang Movie and TV City staff member whether JOL2 will be filming there starting May 10th. A staff member responded saying they (the question asker) really “gets it” and the filming crew production schedule. It is hinted that they are right. I saw a screenshot shared with this exchanged between Xiangyang staff and JOL fan so know this exchange did take place. 

- Unrelated to this, a JOL fan shared JOL3 maybe filmed in 山东. Film sets are being built there. It’s  for an important major plot in JOL3 (I won’t spoil you what plot but know it is major). This JOL fan saw the news on Weibo which was posted by another person who said their dad told them this. I can’t confirm if this news is true but still wanted to share.

So this is the latest news. Hopefully there will be an official announcement by production company to confirm this or I know JOL and ZRY fans will be closely watching our ML IP for location data on May 10. Some fans who live near Xiangyang already shared they’ll be visiting ML and the filming set next week so one way or another we can get some more insight about whether filming truly has started or are just rumors again. If I see any filming ceremony photos or fan photos of filming taking place I’ll be sure to post them. Fingers crossed this time is real. Will see in a few more days. 

I realized the Xiangyang announcement link doesn’t work so I’ll upload another one soon.

sjadvocate:

I realized the Xiangyang announcement link doesn’t work so I’ll upload another one soon.

thank you so much for the upload!!

It’s been confirmed! Our ML ZRY has taken the subway to go to Xiangyang Movie and TV City.  ZRY‘s staff member posted it on his Weibo account: https://weibo.com/2032193907/MFIkJiP7m

The image of the subway/train station is shown and the words right above it says ”heading out.” It is already May 9 over in China so the date aligns with what has been rumore.

There also has been a ton of activity on Weibo about JOL2 so at least right now it “seems“ it is real that JOL2 filming will soon begin. Given May 10 is the “rumored date” for the film opening ceremony I hope the production company will officially announce it soon so we know this is for sure real and official. I’ll keep you posted.