Who were the best character in JOL for you? I am so fond of young Fan Xian, Fei Jie, Fan Si Zhe, Yan BingYun, Wang Qi Nian, Gao Da, HaiTang Duo Duo, Shen Zhong, Yan Bi'An, Yan XiaoYi, I think all of the characters...good or bad...no one that I don't love and hope they all back for season 2 & 3. 

I also love Under the Power, I think Lu Yi and Xin Jia have fallen each other before even they realized it.  Allen Ren was so impeccably neat with his layer of robes...very cute together with Seven Tan. 

Stay safe, y'all, many dramas coming up that will cheer up our days...

I've also watched Under the Power...it's good. i think I'll kill time by watching some of the drama the male lead of JOL has done in the past. He also has a film coming out on July 1, 2021 called 1921 which I plan to watch as well. 

Xtinew:

Who were the best character in JOL for you? I am so fond of young Fan Xian, Fei Jie, Fan Si Zhe, Yan BingYun, Wang Qi Nian, Gao Da, HaiTang Duo Duo, Shen Zhong, Yan Bi'An, Yan XiaoYi, I think all of the characters...good or bad...no one that I don't love and hope they all back for season 2 & 3. 

I also love Under the Power, I think Lu Yi and Xin Jia have fallen each other before even they realized it.  Allen Ren was so impeccably neat with his layer of robes...very cute together with Seven Tan. 

Stay safe, y'all, many dramas coming up that will cheer up our days...

In terms of characters - I too love young Fan Xian as well. I also really like Fan Ruo Ruo, Grandma Fan, Wang Qi Nian, Uncle Wu Zhu, Fan Si Zhe, Teng Zi Jing, HaiTang Duo Duo. The actors who played the Emperor, Chen Ping Ping, and Xiao En are also so so good.....they are seasoned actors who play their part well.. I hope as many actresses and actors from JOL1 come back to play JOL 2 and 3. Can't wait to see who is casted for JOL 2 and 3 cause quite a few new characters who were not introduced in JOL1 will appear in the second and third seasons.  

Lol...I even love Guo Bao Kun, Chen Ping Ping, Xin Qi Wu, ShangShan Hu, Xiao 'En, Si LiLi, Liu RuYu. In my personal opinion, Fan Xian should marry HaiTang DuoDuo instead of Wan 'Er, I am sorry but Hai Tang is more up to Fan Xian standard. The youngest prince will show up, he's menace for his age, business associate with Fan Si Zhe.  On the book, curator/lawyer He Zong Wei would be promoted to a minister, a rival of Fan Ruo Ruo hand of marriage to Li Hong Cheng and Fan Xian helps his sister to get away from marriage to Northern Qi Kingdom. Li Hong Cheng would have more influence than just a useless prince on JOL 1. I don't know how much they'll adapt the book into this drama...but the deeper it is..the  darker will become. Things like 'wth' why ends like this?? 

I can't wait for sure...for now I am happy watching World of Honor and Long Ballad (I am Hou Du and Le Yan team).

Joy of life is the only 2 seasons drama I watched because I didn't know it was 2 seasons kkkkkk. But don't regret it yet.  Now will just have to wait. I just finished watching the Imperial doctoress and really liked it but skimming over most evil characters scenes. I wish there were more dramas like the story of Mi lang and  The sword and the Brocade. They have a depth of love and character growth that I really appreciate.  Just wish the evil characters would be also deeper and likable not always evil just for the sake of creating obstacles in the plot. I'm now waiting for The Imperial Coroner to finish airing because seems to be promising. Another one that was surprisingly good in my view,  in a light but interesting/entertaining style was Maiden Holmes in case you want to have a look.  If you have any recommendations I would be grateful as presently looking for something engaging.

damasco:

Joy of life is the only 2 seasons drama I watched because I didn't know it was 2 seasons kkkkkk. But don't regret it yet.  Now will just have to wait. I just finished watching the Imperial doctoress and really liked it but skimming over most evil characters scenes. I wish there were more dramas like the story of Mi lang and  The sword and the Brocade. They have a depth of love and character growth that I really appreciate.  Just wish the evil characters would be also deeper and likable not always evil just for the sake of creating obstacles in the plot. I'm now waiting for The Imperial Coroner to finish airing because seems to be promising. Another one that was surprisingly good in my view,  in a light but interesting/entertaining style was Maiden Holmes in case you want to have a look.  If you have any recommendations I would be grateful as presently looking for something engaging.

I like none of those dramas you mention. Talking about back stabbing, the Sword and Brocade has a lot of them between the wives and mother in law. Nah. JOL is only season 1 right now and still under progress for season 2 - I don't think they filming yet so we don't know anything just yet - all just our speculation...I read the book too so I am based on what I read in Qing Yu Nian. Don't know when season 3 will start, if Zhao Ruo Yun contract is only 5 years, they'd probably filming  season 2 & 3 together.

I can recommend you'd like Word of Honor, Long Ballad, Court Lady, Miss the Dragon sounds promising, Modern setting; Go Ahead, You're my hero, Dating in the kitchen, Love is sweet. So, enjoy. 

sjadvocate:

I've also watched Under the Power...it's good. i think I'll kill time by watching some of the drama the male lead of JOL has done in the past. He also has a film coming out on July 1, 2021 called 1921 which I plan to watch as well. 

He has 'Ordinary Greatness' with Bai Lu, Feng Ba Jiu Tian with Zinnia Zhao coming up. I too watched his old dramas; Sparrow with Li YiFeng, Medical Examiner Dr Qin, Novoland: the castle in the sky (weird with blue eyes) not as memorable than Fan Xian. I think he's the right cast, they can't find better actor but him to play Fan Xian. Xiao Zhan as Yan BingYun...btw..I wish I am Miss Shen...lol.  

Hi thank you for the recommendations. 

Arthdal Chronicles, Original Sin, S.C.I... The wait is killing me

damasco:

I looked at your page and you seem to like dramas/movies that are from the romance, historical, drama, comedy genre. These are works from these genres I recommend. Ashes of Love (Chinese drama),  Healer (Korean drama), Young Blood (Chinese drama), It's okay that's love (Korean drama), Queen In Hyun's Man (Korean drama), Hikaru No Go (Chinese drama), Splash Splash Love (Korean movie), Word of Honour (Chinese drama), My Rainy Days (Japanese movie), The Greatest Love (Korean Drama), Todome No Kiss (Japanese drama). 

than you so much for your kind recommendations. I really appreciate it. Wishing you good wishes

Latest updates for JOL:  A crew member from JOL's production company revealed that if JOL 2 and 3 were to be filmed separately at different times it would cost too much money and time for the company. Thus,  the production company has told the screenwriter Wang to finish the script for JOL 2 and 3 all at once so they can film all the scenes for each "location" set at the same time. This is the reason Wang (the screen writer) is taking so much time to adapt the book into script form because he needs to finish the entire series and because it's quite a challenge to do so since the story itself is complex and multilayered. Before the script for JOL 2 and 3 gets done, no filming will take place. As a result the main leads for JOL have taken on other film projects [i.e. JOL male lead started filming for Ordinary Greatness this month (May 2021))]. It's projected that Wang will use the rest of this year to finish the script and that filming will begin sometime next year (2022). 

Thanks...good to know.  As Zhang Ruo Yun has 5 years contracts with the company, make sense if they want to film JOL 2/3 at the same time, before the contract ends. It's pressure for the writer, hope its good as the first one. 2022 seems way too long to wait...thanks.

sjadvocate , thanks for the update.  I suspected the filming had not started and now you have confirmed it.  It's good the author was given time to write the scripts rather than rushing into it.  I shall wait!

Meanwhile...I am looking for dramas that worthy of my appreciation. I am a picky one, from hundreds of dramas, I only like less than 10. There are dramas that highly recommended but..went flat on me and I drop them. JOL is one of the most likable one, not just the story but the whole production and actors. I love every characters in there. Oh, one character that I don't really fond of, Lin Wan'Er - she's the most weak link to Fan Xian even on the book she's like ceramic doll that always need protection and care.  I think with Fan Xian caliber, he's more suitable with Hai Tan Duo Duo. Who, do you guys think, will be the best suit for Fan Xian's wife? Lin Wan'Er? Hai Tang Duo Duo? Si LiLi? Or some other girl that he'd met as the new episode enfolds (in the book he has quite a bit of relationships) 

I'm firmly in the Han Tan Duo Duo fan club. She's down to earth, fun, hands on, influential, powerful . The two would make a power couple.