Frost_edelweiss:
(btw about Prince Jin, he was the one who had organized the first poetry meeting in S1. He's got two names, also known as Li Hongcheng, so he should be #6 beside Third Prince #7 in the last poster.  Somehow you got a numbering glitch?  I don't recognize #5...)

Li Hongcheng is called Prince Jin too?

i mean i check wiki, it said :

"Li Hongcheng (voiced by Xiao Jing), son of Prince Jin and close friend of the second prince"

so both father and son are called Prince Jin?

"so both father and son are called Prince Jin?"

Nope! Prince Jin is the brother of the Qing Emperor (FX father), and his son is Prince Li Hong Cheng. They are referred to as such. 

The Emperor and his bloodline names cannot be copied or used by any other person, not even their own children.

Prince Jing is about same age as Second Prince in S1 episode 5 and following. He first appeared introduced on screen  S1ep.5, 35:30 as prince Jing/Li Hongcheng (南庆靖王世子nán qìng jìng wáng shìzi  李弘成 ) ; title could translate as "crown prince of Jing".   He probably has a father who may be an elder prince, but I don't remember ever seeing that one in the series.  Maybe there's a difference with the novel?  Is there another "Prince JIN" perhaps?  Anyway I don't think that JIN would be a friend of Second Prince.   

To split hairs again, I missed the "G" in Jing in earlier message, so that might be the source of the conundrum?  And perhaps prince JIN is indeed #5 in S2 ensemble cast poster, who I wrote I had not recognized.  I think the land they rule in southern Qing is a fief  called Jing 靖  then.

S1ep7, 17:23

btw of course since Li Hongcheng is a Li, he has to be a member of that imperial family. Even the fostered people who are not of the real bloodline have that name (Grand Princess Li Yunrui). Except FX who has no wish to wear the name, as his mother refused it.

Frost_edelweiss:
so that might be the source of the conundrum?  And perhaps prince JIN is indeed #5 in S2 ensemble cast poster, who I wrote I had not recognized.

i just looked again, that no.5 is mr Xu of Jiangnan, bookkeeper of specific county, CMIIW who works under Hou Jichang. Need to rewatch ep33,34 or 35.
i have fixed my post.

edit:

ep34: 23:40
it's Fuchun County, mr xu is under Yang Wanli (who has been promoted to Magistrate), not Hou Jichang as i previously said.

People debating about simple things and making them more complex, and getting confused is the most unbelievable thing in forum discussions. LMAO

So, does anyone have any news about Season 3?  I created a discussion in JOL season 3.

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/joy-of-life-season-3/126029-jol-season-3-casting-filming-broadcast-air-dates-discussion 

Cheers for a short wait. 

darkstar:

So, does anyone have any news about Season 3?  I created a discussion in JOL season 3.

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/joy-of-life-season-3/126029-jol-season-3-casting-filming-broadcast-air-dates-discussion 

Cheers for a short wait. 

No, sorry, I don't think anyone  has even half reliable melons to contribute about that future S3 except that it is rumored to be in the works for... 2026 or 2027 (someone said that was the date put forward on Douban).

Thanks for creating the topic.  I hope many will add value to it. My first contribution is storing there the links Katelyn Arshi gave in comments about the ZRY staged farewell for S2 and wish to see future audience liking S3. (They might get better preserved there than lost in the tsunami of comments!)

But perhaps, if you have not started watching S2, you ought to start there ?  Or maybe you are waiting to have watched it complete before logging it in ?  I hope you liked or will like it.

Do you have anything you'd  like to contribute towards the naming characters challenge on second ensemble cast poster ?  Anthony has already done a lot of sleuthing  :)  and there are only 21 characters to recognize now, after the first poster gave names and description for 34, so perhaps it will be easier for someone just starting and attentive ? Being under the weather, I am not up to pursue the matter just now on re-watch, but will certainly do so .... later  :)

(edited)

@Frost_edelweiss

This discussion was initially for "JOL Season 2: casting, filming & broadcast/air dates discussion". 

You came here to fish some views, which you yourself said. You should be ashamed to even question my presence here! If you wanted to host a poster challenge or whatever for your selfish reasons, you should have created your own discussion forum.

Who are you to judge whether I have contributed something positive or not? Check the comment section, I have been answering to various questions. Unlike you, just dissing someone blatantly. 

Anthony Tumiwa:

i just looked again, that no.5 is mr Xu of Jiangnan, bookkeeper of specific county, CMIIW who works under Hou Jichang. Need to rewatch ep33,34 or 35.
i have fixed my post.

edit:

ep34: 23:40
it's Fuchun County, mr xu is under Yang Wanli (who has been promoted to Magistrate), not Hou Jichang as i previously said.

Thanks Anthony. That last "cyberpunk" leaning part of the drama was too hurried and characters were indeed not easy to be sure about, I also will try to re-watch more attentively ... later. (Too ill to do so right now. Ears buzzing, nose running, throat burning, eyes having trouble focusing, fever trembling, dizziness, cough : the works. But I am a strong person, so expect to "be back" like Fan Xian,  soon.  :).

@Frost_edelweiss 

Thanks!   I finished S2 yesterday and did a quick S1 marathon before I started S2, which was great.  

My only comments about S2 are about the slower pace, but it's understandable, since it was more focused on strategy and court politics.   I also found that Gina Jin played a much more tamed version of Ye Ling Er than Han Jiu Nuo did, and I could barely recognize the character.    This latter comment is more of a concern about S3 and risks of changing other actors/actresses causing similar effects.   I understand how difficult it is to coordinate all the actors/actresses availability, so we might have other replacements for S3. 

I have been refraining from reading the book so I do not spoil the dramas' experience.  However, after watching S2, I am having second thoughts.

Also, thanks for posting on the new S3 discussion!  Hopefully it will help us managing the wait.  :-)