Hello!I have this theory from the very beginning :) I suspect that the writer himself (or herself) is one of the characters in the story. I haven't read the webtoon so I don't know anything besides the kdrama. I am just curious about your opinion  :) 

Do you think it is possible that the writer is one of the characters? Or that the characters will make their way to the real world (like in W - Two Worlds)?

I don't think the writer is a character of the story. But I suspect the writer will have a cameo appearance in the last episode.

Amy:

I don't think the writer is a character of the story. But I suspect the writer will have a cameo appearance in the last episode.

That seems to be possible as kdrama sometimes shows what can happen in the next season... which often will never be made :D

I think Kyung's little brother is actually the writer. He keeps saying things that implies he knows how the story will end "you will definitely get your happy ending" and "dont change anything".

I think he was upset at Dan Oh and Haru for betraying Kyung in the first joseon story and turning it into a tragedy, so he gave Dan Oh a heart condition in order to control her more and scare her. He also removed Haru completely from the new story as a punishment and to make sure he and Dan Oh never met again.

I’m a few episodes behind so I could be wrong but I’m convinced that the dried squid fairy is the writer.

Layhope:

you should mark this as kind of a spoiler because you actually might be right

Sorry about that, I fixed it!

Lily:

I think Kyung's little brother is actually the writer. He keeps saying things that implies he knows how the story will end "you will definitely get your happy ending" and "dont change anything".

I think he was upset at Dan Oh and Haru for betraying Kyung in the first joseon story and turning it into a tragedy, so he gave Dan Oh a heart condition in order to control her more and scare her. He also removed Haru completely from the new story as a punishment and to make sure he and Dan Oh never met again.

I agree! Kyung's brother was really scary this last episode! So, it does seem to me that he could be the writer since that person has to be Kyung's biggest fan,  and knows how the story is supposed to end in a good way only if it's in Kyung's favor. Also, things got worse to Danoh from the moment she rejected Kyung (she always says that the writer is mean to her and it's like he hates her); and everyone who opposed Kyung and their set-up in Trumpet Creeper faced a tragic ending.

Lily:

This!!

I think it’s obvious the writer favors Kyung more than anyone...and there’s only one person in this drama who worships the ground Kyung walks on.

chai tea latte:

This!!

I think it’s obvious the writer favors Kyung more than anyone...and there’s only one person in this drama who worships the ground Kyung walks on. 

True he favors him all the time, it's making me really mad. The writer always does what Baek kyung wants 

Lily:

I also think that the writer could be him! But I didn't think about the reasons... Why he made himself as a younger brother?

chai tea latte:

This!!

But in the same time... if the writer wants what is the best for Kyung, then why isn't Kyung the main lead? And why isn't he with the main female lead of the story? That would be perfect - as Dan Oh doesn't seem to be "good enough" for the writer to make her the main lead. Or is it some kind of revenge for the previous book where she was like a main female lead?

Cassandra89:

But in the same time... if the writer wants what is the best for Kyung, then why isn't Kyung the main lead? And why isn't he with the main female lead of the story? That would be perfect - as Dan Oh doesn't seem to be "good enough" for the writer to make her the main lead. Or is it some kind of revenge for the previous book where she was like a main female lead?

Kyung, Dan Oh and Haru were the main characters in "Trumpet Creeper". Just my guess but after seeing how much they suffered in the first story maybe he thought that they would be happier being extras and having more freedom?

Lily:

Kyung, Dan Oh and Haru were the main characters in "Trumpet Creeper". Just my guess but after seeing how much they suffered in the first story maybe he thought that they would be happier being extras and having more freedom?

Kyung isn't an extra though, he's the second lead in this story

I think the writer is never going to appear. I don’t think it’s who you guys think either. Why?  Cause that character made himself into an unfavorable position in Kyung’s life, also putting him with an abusive, bias father? If so, major plot holes.

On the other hand, I don’t think “Trumpet Creeper” was meant to be happy. Maybe the writers intended it to end in tragedy. The ‘Trumpet Creeper’ is special to Dan Oh and Haru. The name also implies cheating... I.e ‘creeper’ as in creeping over the wall, a play on the idiom “jumping over the wall” in Asian literature to mean cheating with the neighbour.

We hope for too much :) But it's all because of W - Two Worlds where the characters could escape the comic book world. ... Still I wanted to see the writer.