Selvan:

Think of it this way.,.. most of the korean actors are overreated in Korea due to their good looks. I knew looks mattered but the extent to which it matters in Korea, China is totally on another level. So except for few exception from good looking actors and those who have survived in the industry despite having no good looks all are overrated. 

The list starts from fan favourites like Lee Min Ho, Park Bo Gum, Song Jong Ki, Song Hye Kyo, Park Shin Hye, Ji Chang Wook, Lee Jong Suk, Lee Joon Gi, Cha Eun Woo,Dong Wook Lee, Lee Seun gi,  Son ye Jin, Kim Seon Ho, Song Seung-Heon, Cha Seung-Won, Ha ji won, Bae Suzy, Shin Min Ah, Park Min Young, Gong Hyo Jin, Han Hyo Joo, Moon Chae-Won, Lee Da-hae, Go Ara etc. These are terribe or average actors who are paid handsomely. 

There are few who are decent actors but are pegged as talented actors such as Ma Dong Seok etc.

Omg yes to every single person on your list man. Like why are people like CEW and SHK getting lead roles? Even SJK, JCW, and yes even Son Ye Jin, sorry I dont see the hype at all. I'd add Hyun Bin and Joo Ji Hoon to it, both mediocre actors, esp HB -wooden af and not natural - and need a whole darn amazing cast around them to look good/act well, and usually it's other actors getting the acting praise. For many of the older actors/actresses, they are just lucky they can coast off the fame of the old Hallyu Wave. 

Xtinew:

None of the actresses are talented. Besides the charms and good look of actors, posture is important, they are dashingly handsome (plastic surgery helps!) I think Korean drama has standard acting that requires them to act almost the same; blank expression, stutter, easy to get surprise/shock, crying shrill loud wet, deliver dialog in full volume, moving mouth/nose work when they hold anger/disappointment. 

C-drama also has standard acting. Actresses: Acting cute childish and high-pinch child-like voice while men are often spacing/zone out. Too much talking within so like day dreaming acting, intricate head accessories, obvious make up and wearing pastel color (especially in costume dramas) in actors. 

Only few dramas are worth watching, the rest were just passing by forgotten. Seriously, there're plenty of fans who give highest compliment and scores for whatever reason, make these actors/actresses believe they do a 'bang job'. 

Yes only a few dramas are worth watching. Very very very few. I disagree with one of the comments above that Western dramas are mediocre. When one ventures away from the standard mediocre Netflix American fare, there is plenty to watch. I'm more into the British drama scene and they have alot of great shows (that isnt Bridgerton or Crown omg). Many European countries also make very interesting films and drama that explore very nuanced themes (something that K and esp C dramas arent capable of doing) but nobody knows about them cos of accessibility. 

Back to K/C dramas and acting - totally agree with the sentiment that these countries tend to price looks over talent. So you have good looking people (what their culture deems good looking and there is a narrow definition) with mediocre acting being gassed up by their local media and their fanbase, which makes it seem like they are super amazing, when literally 98% of them are not, esp the ones you always hear about. There are alot of quality character actors that only ever do supporting/side roles and are never famous cos they arent considered goodlooking in their culture and did not have the right backing/luck/opportunities. 

I've been watching K-dramas in particular since 2007 and in the recent 5-8 years have found it very hard to sit through their dramas, they always lack something. The only one I recently finished was One Day Off and it wasn't even technically a drama, but found the storytelling and the themes very touching. 

Moon Ga Young and Park Seo Joon.

Nam Joo Hyuk - One dimensional actor. Can only play weak and pathetic characters. On par with Hayden Christensen as far as acting ability goes.

112:

Moon Ga Young and Park Seo Joon.

Yes to both. Not even sure why both are this popular esp mgy, getting lead roles left n right. Psj can be good but tends to play roles the same way.

ccorpse13:

I watched a lot of dramas of Lee Dong Wook because of him being popular and tiktok and never understood the hype about him.His acting is average and in some dramas he is stiff.He fells in the category of the pretty actors I guess.Want to know what Korean think not his fans since I want a objective opinion.

Agree totally. I only liked him in my girl n scent of a woman. Otherwise it feels like hes just phoning it in all the time

maubrey:

Nam Joo Hyuk - One dimensional actor. Can only play weak and pathetic characters. On par with Hayden Christensen as far as acting ability goes.

YES another one whose popularity I never understand. Bland af personality as well n zero charisma 

I have seen several Gong Hyo Jin dramas and I do not like her. There is something I cannot define that, whoever is the ML, she just ruin the scene. Her dramas are well built, well directed, the ML's are brilliant in many scenes but she ruined me the show. I cannot define why. Maybe I need to go to the psy and ask him about this. Clearly, for me she is the most overrated in the whole Universe but I do not hate her, I am not a hater, she compels me to misbehave.

Yoo In Na , Son Ye Jin , and Kim Seon Ho.

Lee Min Ho, Suzy, Park Shin Hye, Yoona, Ahn Hyoseop

Don't know about the over rated one! i think all of them are doing good and deserve the hype. however, I really think Jang da ah from "pyramid games" is under-rated! she is doing amazing in her debut drama. I hope she gets the hype, she deserves <3 

Girls Generation InYoona. I just can't watch her. I really struggled with her in King The Land, but I HAD to keep watching because I really liked Lee Jun Ho, 

Park Shin Hye - I just don't find her attractive or pleasant to look at. 

Cha Eun Woo - I think his acting is so so but he gets roles just because of his looks and that's why people watch him, I am guilty of this too unfortunately.

Shin Min ah - I just don't like her. She really annoys me.

I can't remember anyone else, but I am sure there are more.

redmists:

Yes to both. Not even sure why both are this popular esp mgy, getting lead roles left n right. Psj can be good but tends to play roles the same way.

Agree totally. I only liked him in my girl n scent of a woman. Otherwise it feels like hes just phoning it in all the time

YES another one whose popularity I never understand. Bland af personality as well n zero charisma 

Nam gets his popularity because of his good looks. Kind of like Cha Eun Woo, so I totally get why people like him honestly.

kurage:
Hwang Jung Eum because her acting annoyed me af!! can't stand her voice and those supposed-to-looked-cute expression :( ugh!!

and also don't really like Park Shin Hye

Agreed! (Except I think Hwang Jun eum's expressions are really cute! 😄

Pinoy_Oppa:
Oh my God I thought I was the only one who doesn't like Park Shin Ye, i am trying to avoid her dramas but if there are dramas that is worth watching with her in it, I wouldn't mind watching.

Lee Min Ho is totally over hyped but I can't hate him.

I love Song Hye Kyo though, she's seen almost everywhere but she's really a great actress. I love her.

For me though, my untouchables are So Ji Sub, Jo In Sung, Ha Ji Won, Jo Hyun Jae.

By "untouchables" do you mean "untouchable in the sense that they would never be on an overrated list" or "untouchable as in I would never watch them"?