My experience with Bae Doo Nan is not significant, I have seen Kingdom, Teh Silent Sea, The Host,  and a couple of episodes of Stranger.  Apparently, she is a top South Korean actress, but I'm have trouble accessing her roles as more than dispassionate, stoic, and remote. Is this her entire range? Please point me to roles she has played where there is a wider range of emotion to warrant such a high standing among Korean actors. 

I think part of the reason for her popularity is because she was in so many good movies: Barking Dogs Never Bite (1999), Take Care of My Cat (2001), Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance (2002), Linda Linda Linda (2005), The Host (2006), Air Doll (2009), A Girl at My Door (2014).  I can't think of any other Korean actress who was in as many good movies as her.

I suggest starting with her earlier movies because those are the movies that made her famous.  I watched them a long time ago, so I don't really remember which one had the most emotion.

Oh, you must watch Matrimonial Chaos then!

She plays a slightly immature, quirky, sloppy, untidy, physically clumsy married woman who struggles to keep her marriage from falling apart. Her hubby is organised, fastidious and a bit OCD. The clashes in their personalities make for some good entertainment. 

I really enjoyed her performance in this show.

That actually sounds pretty good. She is so straight faced and emotionless most of the time it would be interesting to see something like this.