Hey everyone,

While I loved the first episode of Reply 1994 (or Answer Me 1994), the next few episodes introduced a lot of melodrama that wasn't present in the debut episode, and so I stopped watching.

I'm curious to know if either of the other 2 shows in this trilogy have more or less melodrama?  If so, I'd like to give that one a try.

Thanks!

1997 has a lot less. :)
1997 definitely is better to me than 1988 (no because the actors/actresses but the plot twist) lol 
The least amount of melodrama?

Probably debatable between R1997 and R1988 ....with R1997 edging R1988 out a bit. But I thought the quality and overall drama of R1988 was better IMO. 

All three in the series have sad/slightly melodramatic moments though. They have a lot more of a realistic vibe going in terms of friend groups/family relationships. 
So it seems implicit from the opinions that 1994 simply has the most melodrama?

I suppose I'll go with 1997 first.  Thanks for the perspectives.
1997 was comedic until around 8th episode. Then they get all serious.
1988 was super funny in earlier episode. But then they get all serious.
Both got the same amount of mellow. Both got same amount of sadness and frustrating sometimes.

But 1997 has less air time (approx 30-60 minutes per episodes) while 1988 was so long (approx 90-120 minutes per episodes). So, honestly from time t time I got bored watching 1988. It gets so many story in it. I like 1997 better. Simpler and more fresh.
If you're new to the Reply series then I'll suggest watching it in this order: Reply 1997 --> Reply 1988 --> Reply 1994. Because that's what I did and I don't regret it at all :)

Well with 1994 it seems to be the most melodrama because I was rooting for the wrong ship.
Thank you both for the additional info.