New Year, New Dramas!
(Dramas I Completed in 2018)
Use (✔︎) for things you have finished. If participating in point challenge use (✔︎ +score).
(3/5) Romance: If I know what love is, it is because of you.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie about age gap romance.
- (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie about marriage contract or arranged marriage romance. - BTIMFL 7/10
- (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie about first Love. - Come and Hug Me 6.5/10
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie about childhood friends romance.
- (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie about interspecies romance. - Are You Human Too? 8/10
(0/5) Award-winning: Winning is only half of it. Having fun is the other half.
- ( ) Watch an award-winning drama/movie.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie from an award-winning director.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie from an award-winning screenwriter.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie from an award-winning actor.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie from an award-winning actress.
(3/5) Favorites: We don’t make movies to make money, we make money to make more movies.
- (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie from your favorite director. - My Ahjussi 10/10
- (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie from your favorite screenwriter. - Live 9.5/10
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie from your favorite actor.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie from your favorite actress.
- (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie from a director/screenwriter you have not watched any of their work. - Devilish Joy 6/10
(1/5) Adaptions: An adaptation leads the cinema-goer to the original to find out what they're missing, and if they already know the book, it can still illuminate a theme, a character, an idea.
- (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie adapted from a novel. - A Korean Odyssey 6/10
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manga.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manhwa.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie adapted from a manhua.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie adapted from a webtoon.
(0/5) School Life: Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie set in a middle school or revolves around a middle schooler.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie set in a high school or revolves around a high schooler.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie about sports centered in school/college.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie about romance centered in school/college.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie about friendship centered in school/college.
(1/5) Family: Family is not an important thing. It’s everything.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie revolving around big families.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie revolving a single parent.
- (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie about marriage. - Go Back Couple 9.5/10
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie about pregnancy.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie about adoption or an adopted child.
(1/5) Career: It’s not what you achieve, it’s what you overcome. That’s what defines your career.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie about doctors or nurses.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie about lawyers, prosecutors, or judges.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie about teachers, social workers, office workers, or coaches.
- (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie about athlete, musician, artists, or scientists. - You're Beautiful 5/10
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie about detectives, police officers, or forensic investigators.
(0/5) Historical: Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie set during the Edo or Showa period.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie set during the Goryeo or Joseon dynasty.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie set during the Ming or Qing dynasty.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie set during the World War II period.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie set during the Japanese colonial rule of China and Korea.
(0/5) Fantasy: Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie about time travel.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie about Gods, demons, angels, or divine creatures.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie set in a fantasy world/kingdom.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie about zombie, vampires, werewolves, aliens, or monsters.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie about magic or superhuman strength/ability.
(1/5) Psychological: Ready for a dark ride?
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie about assassins, murders, serial killers.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie about bullying, prejudice, discrimination, or stigma.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie about corruption.
- (✔︎) Watch a drama/movie about mental health, suicide, or trauma. - Just Between Lovers 9/10
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie about revenge.
(0/5) Classics: We watch so many old movies our memories come in monochrome.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie from the 1950s.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie from the 1960s.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie from the 1970s.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie from the 1980s.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie from the 1990s.
- ( ) Finish a drama/movie you have dropped.
- ( ) Finish a drama/movie you have put on hold.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie from a genre you dislike or re-watch a drama/movie.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie with a score of 7.0 or below.
- ( ) Watch a drama/movie with less than 1000 completed members.
First K-Drama: Fated To Love You & You Who Came From the Stars
I first laid eyes on...
But I completed this one first...
First J-Drama: Tatta Hitotsu no Koi
First Thai Drama/Lakorn: Full House
First C-Drama: Love Me If You Dare
First TW-Drama: Autumn's Concerto
My Current Top 10 Favorite Asian Dramas:
1. The Smile Has Left Your Eyes (Korean Drama)
2. Another Miss Oh (Korean Drama)
3. Age of Youth (Korean Drama)
4. Dear My Friends (Korean Drama)
5. Signal (Korean Drama)
6. Age of Youth 2 (Korean Drama)
7. Goblin (Korean Drama)
8. That Winter, The Wind Blows (Korean Drama)
9. The Princess' Man (Korean Drama)
10. Jealousy Incarnate (Korean Drama)
Best Dramas From Countries That Haven't Broken Into My Top 10:
China: Nirvana in Fire - 9.5/10
Japan: Kou Kou Kyoushi (2003) - 9/10
Thailand: Kleun Cheewit - 7.5/10
Taiwan: Autumn's Concerto - 7/10
So, I'm fairly NEW to drama-land (April 2015)!
So take care of me, okay? I don't have nearly as many dramas under my belt as some of the veterans here.
I mean, it's kinda scary that this place literally breaks down the amount of days, weeks, months, or even YEARS that someone has been watching dramas....By scary I mean impressive!
But....you know, addicting and all that, so no judgment here--I'm sure fairly soon I'll get up there to the: "Holy crap?! That person has watched over 387 days worth of dramas?!?! ......Congratulations, I'm impressed." category. Soon, it will come soon.
But I think the most important step is realizing and admitting that I have an addiction.
And also admitting that my life at this point would be too sad to return to the normal "No dramaland" world...
My biggest annoyance with this addiction is basically the friends/family now saying that I'm into those "Dumb Asian Soap Operas"....
.....Which, look....just stop it. Don't comment about something you don't understand.
More for me? ......I guess?
For those of you interested in my rating system:
10 - Absolutely perfect--touching, and either impeccably written (or my enjoyment levels went through the roof). Example: Another Miss Oh (K-drama) Highly recommended
9.5 - Pretty darn close to perfect and a stunning drama. My enjoyment levels were extremely high. Example: Nirvana in Fire (C-drama) Highly recommended
9 - An amazing drama that was very well put together. I thought it was fantastic! Example: Healer (K-drama) Highly recommended
8.5 - A really good drama that was very enjoyable and a fun ride. Example: My Girlfriend is a Gumiho (K-drama) Highly recommended
8 - Well above average in most parts and very entertaining. Example: Secret(K-drama) Recommended
7.5 - For the most part, it was well put together. A nice watch. Example: Coffee Prince (K-drama) Recommended
7 - Some flaws, but not enough to deter from enjoying and watching. Example: Love Me If You Dare (C-drama) Recommended
6.5 - A little above average. Enjoyable, but it has some problems. Example: Secret Garden (K-drama) Recommended with a grain of salt
6 - Only slightly above average. Some pretty big problems/inconsistencies, but still more good parts than bad. Example:DotS (K-Drama) Recommended with a pretty big helping of salt
5.5 - Pretty darn average. Some enjoyable parts, but also some pretty bad parts. Example: I Remember You (K-drama) Recommended only for certain moods
5 - The definition of average. Equal parts good and bad. Example: Tatta Hitotsu no Koi (J-drama) Recommended only for certain moods
4.5 - Slightly below average - we are encroaching on bad territory here. Some good parts, but not enough to make-up for the bad. Example: Innocent Man (K-drama) Don't recommend
4 - Below average - only a few good parts, but it's crushed by all the badness. Example:Faith (K-drama) Don't recommend
3.5 - Really below average. I didn't enjoy it, and there are only a couple parts I liked. I rolled my eyes waaaaaay too much. Example: Orange Marmalade (K-drama)Don't recommend
3 - Bad. Just really, really not good. Maybe only one small thing I liked. Example: Itazura na Kiss (1996) (J-Drama) Avoid it!
2.5 - Terrible. It was extremely frustrating and I have trouble picking out things I liked. Example: Aftermath (K-drama) Avoid it!
2 - Horrible. Don't understand how anyone could possibly like it and I'm confused by anyone who rates the drama high. Example: Dramaworld (K-drama) STAY AWAY!!!
1.5 - Horrendous. Bad everything and it's a miracle that I even got through it. Example: Sanaeha Sunya Kaen (Lakorn) STAY AWAY!!!
1 - A Travesty of a piece of work. Everything went horribly and I hated it. I forced my way through it and probably fast-forwarded waaaaaaaaaay too often. Probably even makes me mad and I'm angry I can't rate it a .5! Example: Game Rai Game Rak (Lakorn) STAY AWAY!!!
101d 3h 3m
Currently watching 4/163 days ago
Completed20 days ago
Currently watching 1/1622 days ago
Completed23 days ago
Completed23 days ago
On-hold24 days ago
CompletedNov 9, 2018
Plan to watchNov 6, 2018
CompletedNov 6, 2018