While trying to keep spoilers to a minimum, since this topic is talking about ENDINGS I thought i'd put a spoiler warning on the subject - so you've been warned...  When replying it'd be great if you can try and keep spoilers to a minimum too though I appreciate that might be hard to do fully :)

The question is - which dramas have you watched where you felt the wheels came off at the end, where did an otherwise good drama suddenly get to the last episode and then feel like it was rushed, cut short, didn't make sense, or generally made you go "eh???".  Note - this is not the same as "i didnt like the ending", for example, I wanted Black Knight to end differently, but I can't fault the execution of the ending they went for.

For me, there have been two so far.

Abyss

I was really enjoying this one, looking forward to a good wrap-up and suddenly it felt like the series got cut from a 20 episode run to a 16 episode run, and eps 16-20 got crushed in to episode 16.  It was like a quick set of bullet points that ultimately barely made sense to me.

Where Stars Land

Another one I really enjoyed, I thought they could have executed the path to the ending better but hey they made their choice - but then at the end suddenly there's no dialog, not even any sight of the ML's face.  I mean as endings go, it's not bad at all really - but it was either an utterly bonkers production decision OR there were outside factors that prevented what they intended.  If you've seen the US drama "Shooter" based on the film, one of the seasons has a really odd ending where it just seems to stop - I bring this up because this one turned out to be "outside factors" - the main lead had a bad accident and broke his leg, and rather than hold up the production crew from filming the last 1-2 episodes to fully close the season, they just decided that they'd wrapped the main thread up already and would leave the other threads hanging and end the season early.

Which dramas did you think the wheels came off?  Do you agree with my thoughts?

Matt.

i'm pretty sure there are more dramas like this but i guess i just forget them once I watch anything else lol

100 Days My Prince - ok so this drama definitely doesnt have the best script but for about 14 episodes, it managed to be great solely thanks to having great characters and actors who did amazing work. But the writer decided that this drama needed palace politics and whatnot and created super powerful villain who just was impossible to get rid off realistically. it was a real mess.