Super Junior members dominate online poll, ‘The star I want to date’

by Anneflys - Jan 18, 2012 at 10:00 pm

Super Junior‘s Donghae was selected as the top choice in an online poll called, ‘The Star I want to date‘.

On January 19th, Arirang TV reported that the program ‘Showbiz Korea‘ held this poll for one month on their homepage, and that first place went to Donghae.

K-pop fans from all over the world participated in this poll, with some clocking in from countries like Morocco, Honduras, Guatemala, and Mexico. Out of the 3,278 votes, 355 (or 10.8%) went to Donghae (1st place).

2nd place went to fellow Super Junior member Kyuhyun, while 3rd place went to Big Bang‘s leader G-Dragon; both stars garnered 8.1% and 7.9% of the votes, respectively.

4th to 6th place went to (in order): Super Junior’s Eunhyuk, Heechul, and Leeteuk.

On January 23rd, Arirang TV will reveal Super Junior’s thoughts about their domination of the poll.

Source: Sports Trend |via: Naver & allkpop
Super Junior Wins Top Award at “21st Seoul Music Awards” (Winner List Included)

http://soompi_images.s3.amazonaws.com/990878b4a88cb2ba68e140df1b117a2a_large.jpg[/IMG]

On January 19, Korea’s top artists were invited to the “21st Seoul Music Awards” held at the Seoul Olympic Gymnastics Stadium. Twelve of the top K-Pop artists were given the “Bonsang” award to recognize their work and popularity over the past year. But the “Daesang” award, given to the top artist of the year, was awarded to none other than Super Junior.

The group’s leader Lee Teuk started to break down as he raised the trophy in excitement. Other members hugged each other in tears as well. Lee Teuk said, “[I]Like any other celebrity, we also wanted to become flowers receiving the spotlight. But now we want to be able to get back up, even if we fall like weeds. Thank you to the world’s best fan club, E.L.F. Also, the four members who couldn’t make it tonight, thank you. We are Super Junior!

Siwon added, “Thank you so much. A lot of people come to mind but I’d like to thank my two grandmothers who would have loved to see this moment. I’d like to dedicate this to heaven.”

The “21st Seoul Music Awards” was based on all albums released from January to December of last year. The final winners were determined by combining ARS votes (20%), Sports Seoul popularity survey (10%), Digital and album sales (40%), and judging panel points (30%).

Here’s the full list of winners from the “21st Seoul Music Awards”:

Daesang: Super Junior

Bonsang: Super Junior, SNSD, Kara, Secret, SISTAR, BEAST, miss A, IU, Lee Seung Ki, T-ara, FT Island, 4minute

Best Album: IU

Digital Album: T-ara

Best Rookie: B1A4, Boyfriend, A Pink

Best R&B Ballad: 4men

Best Hip Hop: Clover

Best OST: Baek Ji Young

Special Hallyu Award: Kara

Popularity Award: Lee Seung Ki, SNSD

Concert Culture Award: YB Band

Source: OSEN & Soompi
Super Junior snaps ecstatic pictures with their ‘Seoul Music Awards’ trophies

http://static.allkpop.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/20120119_Super-Junior.jpg[/IMG]

On January 19th, Super Junior walked away with several trophies, two from the 21st Seoul Music Awards (and four from the allkpop awards, which were supposed to be revealed by us next week ><). The boys immediately hopped onto Twitter to share the ecstatic moment with fans!

Super Junior’s leader Leeteuk wrote, “[I]It’s the Daesang!!!^^ Thank You!!!!! So Happy!!! Our members!! Thank you for trusting this hyung and sticking together!!! Let’s go forever!!!! With ELFs too!!! Daebak!! But I drank half a glass of champagne at the reception and my face is red, ha. How unclassy haha
”.

Donghae (who shared the photo above) cheered, “Seoul Music’s Daesang!!!! Super Junior Daesang!! Grand Slam!! Suju is going!! Thank U”.

Meanwhile, Siwon mused, ”We thankfully won six awards today~^^ I want to thank [you all] again and say how much I love you. I want to hug each and every member.. Let’s keep on walking (this life) together^^“.

Siwon also tweeted a photo of one of the allkpop awards and wrote, “Awesome award! allkpop blessing[s] and cheers!

http://static.allkpop.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/20120120_siwon_akpawards.jpg[/IMG]

Yesung then added a solo shot with the trophies and boasted, “[I]Seoul Music’s Daesang Daesang!!! Thank you everyone ^^ I’m so happy I could die ^^
”.

http://static.allkpop.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/20120119_Super-Junior-3.jpg[/IMG]

Lastly, resident comedian Shindong couldn’t refrain from taking multiple photos with the trophies and gushed, “[I]Seoul Music’s Daesang … Thank you so much for the Daesang.. Tears are flowing flowing!! I’m…feeling emotional again!! Ahh!!!!!
”.

Super Junior had won, among many others, the most prestigious award from the Seoul Music Awards — the Daesang.

Congratulations again, boys!

Source + Image: Leeteuk’s Twitter, Siwon’s Twitter, Donghae’s Twitter, Yesung’s Twitter, Shindong’s Twitter |via: allkpop
Super Junior’s Sungmin and SISTAR’s Hyorin perform Korean opera for ‘Pit-a-Pat’

Super Junior‘s Sungmin and SISTAR‘s Hyorin blew fans away with their impressive pansori performance!

The two idols collaborated for MBC‘s holiday special ‘Pit-a-Pat Shake‘, where they performed their twist on a Korean opera classic. Inspired by the lunar new year, Sungmin and Hyorin carried out the traditional Korean folk tale of ‘Chunhyang’, the beautiful young woman who is loved by the governor’s son, ‘Mongryong’.

Both Hyorin and Sungmin were complimented for their talents in a genre that differed from the typical Western-influenced pop culture.

Allkpop

Note: SungMin & HyoRin performing like a drama musical & steamy tempting scenes xD
I wasn't so much into K-pop...but recently I'm a bit curious...which album would you recommend ?
from SUJU? Mr. Simple :)
Thanks ! Any other non-SUJU K-pop you would recommend?
Juniko wrote: I wasn't so much into K-pop...but recently I'm a bit curious...which album would you recommend ?

3rd album Sorry Sorry,

4th album Bonamana version A.

5th album A-Cha.

Those are the greatest, cuz many K-Pop idol album are released in many version A, B, C.
But if you wanna get the 5th album Mr.Simple version A, try find Siwon cover, i promise you won't regret. But so far that i know the 5th album Mr. Simple version A 480.000 pieces are sold out. SMent won't released another 5th album ver.A. (T.T)

The funny thing is you can still find the 1st Album Super Junior05, 2nd Album, 3rd Album, 4th Album with many different version + 5th Album ver.B & A-Cha available @ record store & online store. Just can't find 5th Album ver.A. If you find it available to be bought: Miracle happens!
Juniko wrote: Thanks ! Any other non-SUJU K-pop you would recommend?

2PM, INFINITE, MBLAQ, B2ST, Boyfriend.
Juniko wrote: Thanks ! Any other non-SUJU K-pop you would recommend?

What do you like? Cutesey teenage boys or hip hop? Girl groups?
no teens, and...no girls band. Solo girl album are ok though...
Juniko wrote: no teens, and...no girls band. Solo girl album are ok though...

then try BoA and IU, they're both great singers :)
Juniko wrote: no teens, and...no girls band. Solo girl album are ok though...

Big Bang :D Also I know you say no girl bands, but 2NE1 aren't your average girl band. They have more of a tough image and don't go that overly cheerful, cutesy music.

For 2ne1 some good songs are Can't Nobody and Clap Your Hands

For Big Bang I love Haru Haru, Lollipop, Love Song, and Tonight
Ok we need to get this back on track. Since this is a thread about Super Junior, we should be posting about Super Junior.

The many sub-units XD

Hehehehe

WOW! I see there are quites some ELFs in MDL :) Yey! I thought I could only share my love from korean dramas and movies here. I am so happy I could also spazz with some friends :D