Hello everyone, since the translation has been going slowly, I thought I'd post a few snippets to whet everyone's appetite as we wait for news. Please note that these are machine translated (Google, DeepL) and have just been edited for grammar. Where the original machine translation made no sense, I have machine translated to a more closely related language that I understand just enough of to be dangerous, and then translated that to English. It's at least still better than the straight machine translation, I think.

P.S. I couldn't figure out how to make the entire block a spoiler without making people hover over each line to reveal it...if anyone knows, I would appreciate some tips!

Fireworks at Linxi River

WARNING: SPOILERS FOR BOOK

Standing in front of her was the husband chosen for her since birth, who was upright and kind and had a heart for the people. Perhaps she would never find such a person again in her life. 

It's a pity...Anyone in this world can, only Han Ye can't.

He turned his head, his eyes as deep as the sea. "I originally guessed...you would reply to me like this."

Ren Anle was stunned, unprecedentedly a bit at a loss for words.

"Han Ye..."

"My heart has been moved by a woman named Ren Anle, but in this life I will protect Di Ziyuan. Ren Anle, you must always remember these words."

With a faint smile in his eyes, the young man spoke like this across the sky of fireworks, then turned his head without hesitation and left.

The water flowed on, and pear blossoms were falling. The moment Han Ye's figure disappeared, Ren Anle squatted down and clasped her hands around her knees. After a while, she suddenly took off the mask on her face.

The face reflected in the water is somewhat pale, the eyebrows furrowed, and the pair of eyes deep and bottomless.

"Han Ye, I hear you."

On the Linxi River, surrounded by fireworks, in the end there was only such a very light and faint answer.

Huayuan Mountain

The evening breeze rose up, and the hem of Han Ye's sleeve tangled with the corner of her skirt.

Their faces were calm, as if the thrilling battle of life and death was already far away and difficult to remember.

She did not question Han Ye why he had blocked a sword and a palm for her, and Han Ye also never asked her whether she would regret losing her power, and was it worth it?

In fact, for them, there are many things that have long been unnecessary to say.

The two of them did not speak for a long while. Ren Anle closed her eyes and quietly listened to the sound of the stream flowing by. There were a few faint bird calls, and  maple leaves brushed over her forehead, soft and scented.

"Anle, it's good to be alive." Han Ye's voice seemed to be far away but still close to her ears.

A smile appeared on the corner of Ren Anle's lips, "Yes, it's good to be alive."

She knew what Han Ye hadn’t said--It's good to be alive and to be with you.

The same is true for me, Han Ye.

Han Ye seems to want to recoup the leisurely days of the past two decades and uses his injuries as an excuse to be lazy every day. In addition to eating, it was leaning against the tree to bask in the sun, and in a few days he grew mellow and was not at all like a hapless person who had no escape, but instead like a young master who only knew how to eat and play.

It wasn't until Ren Anle couldn't stand seeing him like that and dragged him around for a while that he walked with her for half an hour every day with a suffering face.

Once when the two were doing their nightly routine - stargazing, Ren Anle frowned and asked him, "How come you are like this when you get to such a place where ghosts can't be seen? Where is your integrity and fortitude? Where is your wisdom and majesty?"

He leaned back lazily on the tree, saying, "The one you normally meet is the crown prince, and now you are making do with Han Ye."

Han Ye's eyes were particularly bright when he said this, and inside there was a warm smile.

Ren Anle momentarily wavered, and almost said the words, I am almost the same, the one you normally meet is Ren Anle who is polite with monarchs and ministers. Now it's Di Ziyuan who wants to punch you twice.

But at the last moment, she held back.

She knew that once she opened her mouth, it would be difficult to close it again.

Huayuan Mountain

Han Ye let go of her sleeve and stood by the creek, pointed to the water, and suddenly said, "You should wash your face first, if you wait it will be dirty after I wash. This is a living spring. The water will be clean when you wash tomorrow."

Ren Anle was stunned and didn't move.

Han Ye smiled, warm and kind, "An Le, I'm not going to strip you, what are you looking at me like that for?"

As soon as the voice fell, Ren Anle blinked and almost laughed. She grew up in a robber's den and spent her days mingling with savage men with barbaric mouths, what hasn’t she heard before? But Han Ye was able to say such things, which surprised her. Ren Anle thought, leaning against a tall rock next to her--a lazy voice, pointing to the spring water, the look was indescribably flirtacious.

"Your Royal Highness, this minister does not dislike you. This minister is here to watch you bathe, and when you are clean, this minister will use this water to wash her face. Your Highness is a monarch, and it is the minister's blessing to have this honor."

This sentence was polite and grateful, and was said in a grand and dignified manner. Han Ye was buried to the point of not even having any crumbs left. He glanced at Ren Anle, "Minister Ren, truly?"

The old god Ren Anle was nodding, so Han Ye raised his eyebrows and began to untie the brocade belt around his waist.

Han Ye's movements could be described as "slow and methodical". His hands are slender and smooth, with well-defined bones, and his movements brought to mind the elegance of a heavenly nobleman.

Ren Anle didn't seem to mind at all, and looked at him with a smile.

In the quiet cave, there appeared the bizarre scene of a beautiful man undressing at a spring, and a bold and heroic woman gazing at him like a tiger. At dusk, the heat of the hot spring rose in the cave, tinged with an ambiguous atmosphere, and it was frighteningly quiet for a while.

The brocade belt fell to the ground. Han Ye removed his upper garment and had just revealed his bare back. "Yoo-hoo" came a clear whistle, and the atmosphere was suddenly lost. With his robe in his hand, Han Ye turned around, stared at Ren Anle with bright eyes for a while, and finally conceded defeat. "Minister... step back."

The East Palace

WARNING: MAJOR SPOILERS FOR BOOK

In the courtyard, Han Ye stood under a tree, draped in a large fur with a black dragon pattern. His expression was calm. From time to time he coughed, and his face was pale.

The sound of errant footsteps sounded at the entrance of the courtyard, the courtyard door was pushed open, and palace maid's anxious call came, "Your Highness, Your Highness..."

"What's the commotion?" Han Ye lowered his eyebrows and turned around, abruptly stunned.

The lights are slightly dim. Ren Anle wore a plain white dress and her long hair was uncombed and falling loose on her shoulders. She had wooden clogs on her feet, and was followed by a group of palace maids holding night lamps. This attitude of dress was truly like that of a crown princess roaming about in her own mansion.

Han Ye had a momentary lapse of concentration, and the trancelike contentment in his eyes was even greater than the shock of Ren Anle's sudden appearance here. In this infinitesimal moment, he thought, if all that had never happened back then, would she have lived here in this way, as his wife, since many years ago.

The sky is full of wind and snow, he could only see that one figure.

Ten years that had flowed by seemed to have vanished.

Ren Anle rushed into the courtyard with great vigor, and at a glance, she saw Han Ye standing beneath a plum tree. Perhaps because he was not yet healed, the young man was wrapped in a thick fur, and it was quite shapeless.

Ren Anle frowned and waved her hand at the maid behind her, "How do you take care of His Highness? Go and fetch another big fur!"

Ren Anle's posture was too powerful, and the group of palace maids looked at Han Ye at a loss. If you didn't know, you would think that the one who would be married into the East Palace soon was the one in front of you!

Han Ye had already walked towards Ren Anle. Before she could return to her senses, her body was warm and the dragon patterned fur was pressed on her shoulders.

"Step back." In the end, it was Han Ye's one-third of an acre of land. As soon as he issued the order, the maids and guards retreated immediately.

Looking at the thin and wan Han Ye, Ren Anle smacked her lips, and was about to take off the big fur to return to him. Han Ye's slightly angry voice came, "How many times have I told you, you are an unmarried girl. You have to be modest and polite, it's not decent to go out dressed like this!”

Ren Anle followed his gaze to her bare feet and waved her hand nonchalantly, "I grew up in the mountains, this is nothing. You, on the other hand, have not yet recovered from your sword wound. What are you doing, standing in such a cold place, grieving spring and autumn, not taking care of your body and wasting all my power for nothing?”

Ren Anle was lively and active when she spoke, and the big fur draped on her shoulders slipped slightly. Han Ye raised his hand subconsciously to tie it, stretched his hand into the air and stopped. Lowering his eyes, he took a step back and said calmly, "What are you doing in the East Palace at this hour?”

Ren Anle stalled for a long time, and replied insincerely, "I came to take a look at your injury."

Han Ye's brow furrowed, "What kind of temperament is this, when you think doing something, you just do it. On such a cold day, what are you running out for? Since you’ve seen it now, go back."

"You do not like me to come to the East Palace?"

Han Ye paused. "After tomorrow, father will give me a marriage. An Le, you are not suitable to enter here again."

After Han Ye said this, he didn't look at Ren Anle's expression. The courtyard fell silent, and after a while, he heard a low sigh ring out, helpless and relieved.

"Han Ye, go to the palace first thing in the morning and cancel this marriage."

This sound is like a stone cracking, and Han Ye fiercely raised his head, his gaze deep and complicated. He looked at Ren Anle for a long while, and said: "Anle, this marriage is bestowed by Taizu and has nothing to do with you."

"Han Ye." Ren Anle said angrily, "Di Cheng'en is not as simple as you think. Go and plead with His Majesty before the morning court to cancel the marriage."

"Anle! I told you, this matter has nothing to do with you.”

"How can it be irrelevant, the person you are going to marry..." Ren Anle's words stopped in mid-sentence, she raised her eyes and asked word for word, "Han Ye, why do you have to marry Di Cheng'en?"

Han Ye smiled and said, "I'm used to it, I waited for her in the capital for ten years. She came back, so I naturally have to keep my promise."

He answered simply and clearly, without hesitation. How could he tell Di Ziyuan that his father had already had suspicions in his mind about the Di family, and if the marriage was ruined, then her identity would certainly be detected by his father.

This marriage is the best way to protect her.

“The person you're waiting for is not her at all. Han Ye, are you confused?" Ren Anle stepped forward and pulled Han Ye's collar. Her face was stained with anger, and the fur slipped to the ground. In a few moments, it was covered with frost and snow.

Han Ye staggered two steps and almost crashed into her arms. When he realized what she had just said, a wave of surprise nearly surged out of his eyes. Ren Anle was stunned, her heart slightly astringent.

Han Ye looked at her resolutely. Wind and snow filled the sky, but he still felt warm. But in the end, he just broke Ren Anle's grip and let the bright light in his eyes fade a little.

"An Le, she is the one I'm waiting for."

Seeing Han Ye's stubbornness, Ren Anle felt a fire in her heart, and suddenly reached towards her face, about to tear off the mask, "I said you’re not waiting for her..."

The hand close to her cheek was held tightly; a warm touch came, and Han Ye pulled her hand down inch by inch.

Ren Anle raised her eyes and crashed into his deep ink-like eyes.

"An Le, the one I am waiting for is Di Ziyuan, who has been imprisoned on Mount Tai for ten years."

Only if she is here will you be safe.

Han Ye let go of Ren Anle, picked up the big fur on the ground, patted off the snowflakes, and tied it back to her shoulders. He looked at her, engraving her bit by bit into his heart, but the only thing on his face was indifference.

"Ren Anle, I only hope that everything you want to do comes to me and ends there."

Ten years ago, the Han family was responsible for the injustice of the Di family. He would give her justice, and he would give the Di family justice, but he would never want to see her trapped in it. Otherwise the future between them will not be separated by just the Di family's grievances.

That day, he feared that even the word "confidant" would become an extravagant hope.

Ren Anle was silent for a long time, then abruptly turned around and walked towards the outside of the small courtyard. The sound of wooden clogs stopped abruptly at the entrance of the courtyard. Han Ye raised his eyes, just in time to see Ren Anle looking back.

The heavy black fur set off her skin like snow and her countenance was awe-inspiring.

"Han Ye, since I’ve returned to the capital of the Dajing emperor, nothing will end. What the Han family owes the Di family will all have to be paid back."

The voice settled, and she turned her head and left, disappearing outside the small courtyard.

Han Ye looked at the wind and snow and closed his eyes.

I want to read but I'm scared. Thank you!! You're a God Send. I will direct my friend who wants to read before the drama. ?

You're welcome! I haven't posted any of the really angsty snippets because the spoilers are pretty severe, and I don't know if anyone even wants those. 

I like the novel, though. The plot is very much driven by the characters, and not the other way around. At the same time, it's not overly predictable, again because of the characters' multiple (conflicting) motivations.

I like stories which are character driven . I'm trying to hit up every translator I can see to trans the novel. Hopefully I become successful. 

Thank you for these snippets!   I really want to read the novel but the good translation is still ongoing.   I hope it is completed before the drama airs.   

I'm beyond excited about this drama though.  

You're welcome! Of the machine translators, I find that DeepL is probably the easiest to read, but running it through Google translate is good for when you can't figure out what DeepL's translation is trying to say. There are usually a few sentences in each chapter that are still unclear despite that, but you can get the gist of things. 

Forget about the gist!   You've corrected the grammar so perfectly and enthrallingly that it makes one breathless with excitement and it propels one to read the book immediately. 

Cang Mountain - Because some people seem to have a misunderstanding about Han Ye being a person who's physically weak and needs people to protect him. Book Han Ye is an alpha.

Han Ye nodded and stood side by side with Ren Anle. Jian Song watched the two of them walk and quickly followed behind them.

The summit of Cang Mountain was quiet and peaceful, Han Ye suddenly spoke, "An Le, have you read the wild history of the founding of Dajing?"

Ren Anle pondered slightly and nodded, "When I was a child, I heard the old man say a lot ..."
"Have you heard of the Battle of Weinan Mountain?"

Han Ye's voice was very soft, Ren Anle paused, slightly narrowed her eyes, and swiftly ran curved fingers across the palm.

Before she could take three steps, a harsh sword wind with the power of thunder suddenly arrived from behind, pointing directly at Han Ye.

In an instant, Han Ye and Ren Anle jumped forward a few feet at the same time, and Han Ye threw the folding fan in his waist with a backhand, and went at the sword that suddenly rose up from behind Ren Anle.

Swords collided constantly, and the strong internal energy caused the maple leaves around to fall, and the dust was flying.

This sword is extremely fast and treacherous. Even Ren Anle, who has been on the battlefield, is slightly frightened under this powerful, deadly sword.

The sword was unpredictable, and the sword was as light as a horn. She and Han Ye stood still and looked back at the man standing not far away with the sword, not surprised, but with a look of gravity and disappointment.

"Your subordinate didn’t know that Your Highness is so good." Jian Song raised his eyes and his long sword touched the ground. The corner of his mouth was slightly hooked, with a touch of self-deprecation. His pupils are deep and indifferent, and his normally kind face seems to be completely wicked and unrestrained at this time.

Ren Anle sighed. When the world was fighting for the throne decades ago, Taizu and Di Shengtian were chased by their confidants and besieged at the top of Weinan Mountain. They fought hard for three days and three nights, breaking the enemy's army, and took the head of the betrayer to end the feud.

The three of them were the only ones at the top of Cang Mountain. Although Han Ye came to Cang Mountain with the intention of warning her, his real purpose was to round up and kill Jian Song. But she didn't expect him to be so calm and collected; only when Jian Song drew his sword did he break the layout, his strategy was so deep.

"Not as good as you." Han Ye glanced at the folding fan that was broken into pieces on the ground and said back indifferently.

"I have been by His Highness's side for seven years and thought that I was the one who knew His Highness best, but now I have made a joke. I guessed that His Highness will come to Cang Mountain today, and I also knew that His Highness would not bring any guards except me, but I didn't expect that Lord Ren would be the only exception." Jian Song smiled, admiring, "I thought I was using Your Highness's heart as bait, but now it seems that I have fallen into the trap set by Your Highness. It's just that Your Highness, a man of a thousand talents, personally lured me out; you think too highly of me."

"The head of the secret guards under King Mu's throne, the unearthly sword genius of Dajing, Guixi, deserves this from me." Han Ye took a step forward, put his hands behind his back and said in a deep voice.

Guixi raised his eyebrows, flicked his sword, and narrowed his eyes and asked: "When did Your Highness realize my identity? I have never disobeyed any of Your Highness’s orders in the past seven years, and I have done my utmost to serve you, but you still do not trust me?"

"No, if I didn't trust you, how could you become the first guard by my side and command the East Palace guards?" Han Ye shook his head with a complicated gaze. "If King Mu had not been too squeamish about the flow of money from the river bank into Gong County, I might not have guessed that you were one of King Mu's people. From the first night I was assassinated in Mu Tian Fu, I knew there would be betrayers around me. The assassins came too coincidentally, not to take my life, but just to deter me. I think it must be your instructions?"

"I have been in the Eastern Palace for seven years. Your Highness has been generous to me in every way, and I have been treated with kindness." Guixi put away the joking and said with a serious face.

"But you still betrayed me." Han Ye spoke calmly.

"His Highness instructed Changqing and Yuanshu to do everything in Mu Tian Fu, leaving the task of pacifying the victims to Lord Ren, and kept me tied to your side. So you must have been on guard against me; even the night attack on Zhao Jia Zhuang was the same. General Shi has been guarding outside the city for two days not against Zhong Liwen, but against me."

"If not for the secret letter, I couldn't be sure that the betrayer is you." Han Ye paused, looking towards Guixi, faintly angry, "Why? Is it because I don’t trust you enough, don’t favor you enough?"

"No, Your Highness, ten years ago I was saved by King Mu when I was in danger. Since then I joined the royal family as the head of his secret guards, and seven years ago I received orders to come to Your Highness' side. In order to return the favor of one life, I promised to help King Mu to become the crown prince of Dajing." He drew his longsword, as tough as ever, "Your Highness's virtue is enough to protect the world. It is a pity that from the very beginning, the person that Guixi was loyal to was not Your Highness."

"As long as Your Highness hands over the account books of Gong County, Guixi would not hurt Your Highness half a bit, and it would also be considered to be my seven-year friendship between master and servant."

Guixi's voice was earnest and sincere, just like during the seven years of life and death and honor and disgrace together. Han Ye suddenly felt emotional and spoke: "No, there is no account book on my body."
"How is it possible?" Guixi's complexion changed slightly, finally became solemn, "Such an important thing, how could Your Highness not bring it with you?"

"Since Cang Mountain is the place to lure you out, I naturally won't bring the only evidence of King Mu's rebellion with me. I already handed the account book to Zhengyan when I left Jinxian City more than a day ago. The evidence should have been sent to the Book Pavilion by now."

Guixi was stunned, and smiled bitterly: ""As expected of you, Your Highness, there is no limit to your calculations, I am far from it. Let the guards come out. Your Highness has trapped me here. I think the whole of Cang Mountain has become a chess game in your hands."

Han Ye was silent for a long while, then slowly said: "On the top of Cang Mountain, there are only the three of us."

Ren Anle, who had been yawning at the side watching with great interest, stiffened at the corner of her mouth and turned her head towards Han Ye in disbelief.

What kind of talk is this, Guixi is a once in a generation sword master, his sword skill is superb. He, the crown prince, calculated everything, how could he forget to put heavy troops in Cang Mountain to encircle King Mu’s confidant? Do not expect her, a weak woman, to stand up!

Even the aloof and calm Guixi was stunned when he heard these words. He looked towards Han Ye with a complicated expression and sighed, "Why is it necessary, Your Highness?"

"You have served me for seven years. No matter who you came here for, except for at Mu tianfu, you have never endangered me by half. If you can go down the mountain today, you should not be killed; if you can't win against me, there will be one more swordsman in Cang Mountain to accompany Taizu."
Han Ye drew the soft sword hidden on his waist, injected his inner energy, and the long sword emitted a clear sword sound, pointing directly at Guixi. "Since I returned from the desert frontier, it has been five years since I have drawn this sword. Guixi, accompany me in a battle!”

"Your Highness is upright, I will naturally accompany you."

The long sword was suddenly unsheathed, Guixi laughed loudly, and the ghostly sword power suddenly struck at Han Ye. Han Ye greeted him, his robes spread out in the air, majestic and grand.

The summit of Cang Mountain, which had been quiet for more than ten years, ushered in an unexpected duel, and the fiery maple forest was the backdrop for the two.

Watching the two people fighting to the death, Ren Anle raised her eyebrows and stepped aside, a little surprised.

The sword of Guixi is strange and fierce. Han Ye's sword is wide open, but he can control every stance of his absolute killing. As the two fought, Han Ye had the advantage in a gentle and orthodox internal strength and a solid foundation, while Guixi was a few stances away from the intention and inevitably fell short.

The dignified prince of the country, in the East Palace, was able to learn such a terrifying swordsmanship. Ren Anle’s fingers lightly tapped her palm, and slightly sighed. The Emperor Jianing heavily favored this first son. The inner strength used by Han Ye is the Prajna Mind Method that Master Jingxuan of Yongning Temple of Mount Tai became famous for thirty years ago.

The world's martial arts temples, in addition to the Di Bei City and the Han family ancestral temple, includes the Taishan Yongning Temple.

Guixi was not Han Ye's opponent. Almost in the moment Ren Anle had this thought, the sound of the sword piercing into the body came, blood splashed down on the ground, and Ren Anle looked up, slightly stunned.

At the summit of the mountain, Han Ye's hand clutching the long sword pierced into Guixi’s chest an inch. His snow-white robe was stained with blood, his face pale. Guixi smiled and whispered, "Your Highness, such kindness will not kill me. I am King Mu's confidant. If I live, I will serve King Mu, and will become a great obstacle for your path to the throne."

Han Ye's lips pursed, eyebrows furrowed, and he said word for word: "Guixi, you are my friend."

"To be valued by Your Highness, seven years of allegiance is worth it. It's just that I must stand in the world, and a loss is a loss, even if the loss is my life!" Guixi smiled, and he threw the sword in his hand towards the cliff, and fiercely gripped Han Ye's sword blade in front of his chest and stabbed into his body.

Blood gushed from his mouth, and the sword penetrated his lungs. The corners of his eyebrows were free and easy, still smiling. Han Ye's hand holding the sword shook invisibly.

Ren Anle sighed and saw Guixi whisper in Han Ye's ear, and then abruptly pulled out the long sword pierced into his chest and jumped down towards the ten thousand foot cliff of Cang Mountain.

Before Han Ye raised his head, everything was a foregone conclusion. There was still a drop of blood on the tip of the sword. He stood for a long time, and did not move or speak.

Ren Anle slowly approached, silent for a long time, finally said: "He has never had the intention to harm you. You did not bring a soldier into the Cang Mountain, originally you wanted to leave him a way to live, right?"

"Unfortunately, he is too proud and unwilling to accept my intentions." Han Ye sighed softly.

"He has already accepted them. If not, with his skill, even if you could win, you would not be unharmed."

"Let's go." Han Ye turned and walked towards the endless stone steps of Mount Cang. His gait was not as easy as when he came, and his figure was vaguely forlorn.

Ren Anle did not speak any more, quietly following him, before stepping on the stone steps, she suddenly looked back and glanced at the tombstone buried in the red leaves of the maple forest for the last time.

One day, she will also draw the sword in her hand. Taizu, if you had foreseen that day, you would still give that word of honor and favor?

To inherit from the sky, sit has a heavy responsibility. These eight characters are the beginning of the destiny of Di Ziyuan's life.

Han Ye is so sexy for this chapter lol

He is righteous, filial, smart, calculative, handsome, looks innocent and he also has great taste in women. i mean look at Anle. Han Ye is just so perfect. 

Hey mukkanna, can u do the part where they kiss? 

Btw your translations are good. I've seen worse of other trans i read. You cd do it slowly & trans what u knw.