Really recommend the novel… esp to fans of the series. Think it’s something all young women should read. 

i'm unable to find good translation for the later part of the novel.  can you share how you read it?

I’m reading it on novelupdates. Not perfect translation but it’s not machine translated either… 

but I think the translation isn’t complete yet…

yeah, the translator stoped at around Aunty Kang start conniving with Gu Tingye's stepmom.   hoping the translator continues or another translator picks up

Sighs. Now I’m sad. Lol. I was hoping it would have ended then… I’m nearing the last translated chapter. I’d try searching to check if any other sources are available.

The novel provides so much more details and elaboration. a lot more wisdom as well, which defo surprised me. 🤓🤓🤓 I actually think someone should officially translate the original novel. The screenwriter for the TV series also did a good job considering the source material. Defo impressed.

I read the Rebel Princess novel and wanted to strangle myself. 🤣 the source material was so bad.

the current good translation stopped around Nov 2021.  i've tried the MTL versions (combined with watching the drama, you can get the overall idea)  but just can't appreciate the fine details of the novel at all

i havent watch the Rebel Princess.  how does it compare to Minglan?  

have you watch Love like the Galaxy.  its from the same author of Minglan.  i also liked it a lot

Yea I’ve watched LltG. It’s good. This author is good. I didn’t read that novel though… 

lol, I’m biased towards Rebel Princess. I liked it a lot.. so I’m probably not the best person to ask about it.

I really want to complete Story of Ming Lan, I might also go for machine translated version…🤣🤣🤣

EricSy:

the current good translation stopped around Nov 2021.  i've tried the MTL versions (combined with watching the drama, you can get the overall idea)  but just can't appreciate the fine details of the novel at all

i havent watch the Rebel Princess.  how does it compare to Minglan?  

have you watch Love like the Galaxy.  its from the same author of Minglan.  i also liked it a lot

rebel princess is good, you can see a bit of minglan there. but it stopped being good after the first conflict  is resolved. after that it feels a lot like character assasination for the female lead. 

I watched LLTG because I heard it was written by the same author as minglan. It's good,  not to mention the camera work is as good (or even better) as minglan. but i feel like a lot must've been lost in the adaptation and sacrificed to shorten the drama. it doesn't have the same 'soul' as minglan adaptation.  

Could you please tell me how different is the drama from the novel?