ChunTian:
Some folks say Jing spoke too little, even in the YSQ arc, just nodding his head and giving puppy dog eyes. Not a fair statement because Jing could barely speak in the beginning due to Hou damaging Jing's vocal cords. I think Jing gradually healed enough to be able to speak more but can never sing again right? Poor foxy.  

In chapter 16 (8+ years after WXL and YSQ first met), XY still describes TSJ's voice as gentle and raspy. 

As far as I can recall, his voice is not described in the later parts of the novel, but in chapter 42 TSH was grateful that he had permenantly damaged TSJ's voice (and hands) to the point where TSJ could no longer use his voice (and zither playing) as a weapon to enchant his enemies. 

But we know that TSJ wasn't completely incapable of playing the zither. With his injured hands he just wasn't able to play it at the same level as when his hands were uninjured. So maybe it would be the same for his voice. Perhaps he could sing, just not as well as he could before TSH's torture. So he couldn't use his singing for enchanting. Just as he couldn't use his zither playing for enchanting. 

-----

Chapter 20:

Jing was earnestly teaching Xiao Yao the zither and she was afraid Xing Yue and Feng Long would check on her progress so she was also earnestly learning, But as she learned she got impatient. “How long do I have to learn to play a decent tune?”

Jing replied, “Depends on your definition of a decent tune.”

Xiao Yao explained, “Something that makes the listener feel good. You play me a tune!

Jing hadn’t played in twenty years and one time he sat down at his old zither and strummed it only to quickly realize his fingers were no longer fluid. The notes were off and that was a reminder of what happened to his body. Every time his brother tortured him and the insulting words he said reverberated in his ears and he flipped the zither. He didn’t want to remember those words and remember the pain. He felt that he would never want to touch this again in his life.

But right now Xiao Yao wanted him to play for her.

Jing could not say no to her so he calmed himself down and concentrated every thought on playing. His fingers rested on the zither but he wasn’t sure what to play. In the repeated torture, his heart had long lost the ability to appreciate music.

Xiao Yao shyly smiled. “Just play the song I sang for you the other night. Do you still remember?”

How could he ever forget?

As the memory of Xiao Yao’s singing echoed in his mind, Jing’s heart gradually calmed down and he strummed the zither and began to play. Some notes were not perfect but in Jing’s mind was Xiao Yao dancing and his zither was merely accompanying her singing. She danced under the moonlight while he played for her – together forever, never apart.

After playing once, Jing started playing again. But this time he wasn’t playing to her singing, he was playing the same song to tell her the same words – together forever, never apart.

Xiao Yao understood what he was trying to say and moved into his arms and tightly embraced him around the waist. His playing stopped and Xiao Yao murmured, “I like listening.”

Jing continued to play for her and there was no pain in his heart and no insulting words in his ears. His heart once again was peaceful and happy because of the beautiful sound of music, and it was even happier than before because he now had another person who was happy with his music.

Jing Ye and Hu Ya heard the zither playing and both rushed out of their rooms, glancing at each other in shock. Their young master was playing the zither again! Not just playing, but his tune was happy and content!

Jing Ye sat down on the ground and covered her mouth with her hands as her tears fell.

All these years, despite master returning to Qing Qiu, he was no longer the famed Young Master of Qing Qiu Tu Shan Jing.

Jing Ye thought Fang Feng Yi Yang would help heal his sorrows but she realized she was wrong. On snowy days, if Jing stood for long his legs would hurt a lot and she noticed but Fang Feng Yi Yang never sensed it and would continue to play.

Fang Feng Yi Yang liked attending banquets and throwing parties and she was always the life of the party, playing the zither and shooting her arrows, the center of attention. But young master would just sit quietly in the corner.

Jing Ye brought out young master’s favorite zither and after he saw it, he couldn’t resist trying to play it. But after a few notes he upended the zither and doubled over in pain. Fang Feng Yi Yang not only didn’t comfort him, she looked at him with derision.

At banquets people would request young master to play but he would politely decline. People didn’t understand and would beg him to play but Fang Feng Yi Yang not only did not help him decline, she would stand to the side and watch with a smirk in her eyes.

Later when young master wanted to end the engagement and spoke with Fang Feng Yi Yang, Jing Ye didn’t know what they discussed but she changed after that and became considerate and tender. But Jing Ye already knew that she was just acting.

Jing lived in Little Zhu Rong’s residence for half a year from Autumn until Winter. Xiao Yao could see him everyday and he earnestly taught her the zither but she really didn’t have any interest in learning. Every day she would get annoyed when practicing and said to Jing, “If I want to listen to the zither I can ask you to play for me, why bother learning myself?”

Their lessons gradually became Jing playing for her while she munched on the duck necks he made for her and drank the plum wine he brewed for her. Sometimes she would lay under the blanket reading medical books, or else she would chat about all sorts of random stuff with Jing.

ChunTian:
Another piece of beef I have is with the comment that Jing pays money to get things done. To be fair to Jing, he is sickly and weak thanks to Hou, then add on his sadness derived illnesses because he lost XY. He is one sickly fox. Poor baby. That move XL did which blew away the guards when he was first entering the wedding hall would have caused Jing's death. So much spirit energy needed. Maybe if Jing was as before his torture, he could have done it himself, but in his current state, all he could do was to pay for XL's services.

In chapter 32 (the chapter of XY's wedding with Feng Long), TSJ's body was indeed very weak and his health was indeed very poor. But I'd say that that was much more due to his illness (due to his heartbrokeness over having to marry FFYY / XY breaking up with him) rather than due to the lingering effects of TSH's torture. 

In chapter 2, TSJ was able to single-handedly break into the Shengnong remnant army military base and he was able to fend off many trained soldiers by himself only a few years after TSH's torture. 

In chapter 8, TSJ faced a large retinue of powerful guards under CX's command. Although TSJ was not able to defeat them by himself, in the novel he was able to hold his own against them long enough for WXL to escape. Thanks to his efforts, she was able to get away on Li Li and was beyond CX's clutches. But then CX threatened to kill TSJ and XY chose to turn back and give herself up to CX in order to save TSJ. IMO, the drama adaptation of this scene made TSJ seem much weaker than in the novel. In the drama, he was taken down with just one blow from one soldier and he didn't buy WXL enough time to get away on Li Li before CX forced her to turn back. 

In chapter 23, TSJ fights Feng Long. Although Feng Long was angry, he likely did not use his full strength in that fight. Nevertheless, it's still noteable that TSJ matched him blow for blow. Afterall, Feng Long is one of the most powerful deities in all of Dahuang. He would be a formidable opponent even if he didn't use his full strength, especially since TSJ also wouldn't have gone for killing blows in that fight. So neither of them were really using the full extent of their power. 

-----

Chapter 2:

A soldier’s voice called out “Sir, someone has stormed the barracks.”

Xiang Liu took off and the noise stopped. Xiao Liu heard a soldier ask, “Who are you and why have you stormed the Sheng Nong army base?” A scratchy voice replied, “Ye Shi Qi. Xiao Liu.”

It’s Shi Qi! He came? Xiao Liu crawled outside and yelled, “My lord Xiang Liu, please don’t harm him! He’s my servant and came to find me.”

Shi Qi ran towards Xiao Liu and his spiritual energy was stronger than expected because he deflected all the soldiers trying to stop him. But these were trained soldiers and if he took down two then four more would step up. So Xiao Liu yelled, “Shi Qi, stop! That’s an order.”

Shi Qi stopped and the soldiers encircled him and glared, but Shi Qi didn’t even look at them and only stared at Xiang Liu. “I. am taking. Xiao Liu.”

-----

Chapter 8:

In the middle of the night Xiao Liu heard a commotion and immediately sat up. He saw Shi Qi pour all the water in the room on the ground around them before saying, “The Godly army has surrounded the inn, and there are two very powerful Gods in the mix. I can’t even beat one of them.”

Xiao Liu chuckled. “If we successfully escaped then I would be disappointed in Zhuan Xu. He is pretty capable.”

Shi Qi said, “I let you down.”

“No you didn’t! Zhuan Xu used the power of two Kingdoms to chase us. You helped me all on your own. It’s a miracle we escaped this far.”

Shi Qi asked, “How much do you not want to see the Grand Emperor?”

Xiao Liu thought. “I would rather die than see him.”

Shi Qi put a fox shaped satchel in Xiao Liu’s hand. “I can’t beat them but I can stall them. My winged ride is due Northeast. You run in that direction then raise the satchel and call like a fox. It will come pick you up.”

Xiao Liu grabbed Shi Qi’s hand. “Will they kill you?”

“I am Tu Shan Jing, even if the Grand Emperor was here he would have to consider before killing me. Mere generals won’t even dare.”

Xiao Liu laughed. “Then I’m going to abandon you and run.”

Shi Qi grabbed his shoulder with his voice slightly shaking. “Let me see your true face.”

Xiao Liu smiled and shook his head. “No.”

Shi Qi stared at Xiao Liu with unspeakable sorrow in his eyes. Once he walked out of here, Xiao Liu can become anyone else. Once Xiao Liu stopped being Xiao Liu, then Shi Qi would never be able to find him again.

Xiao Liu stared at him. “Are you still willing to risk incurring the wrath of the Grand Emperor and help me escape?”

Shi Qi nodded.

Zhuan Xu’s booming voice reached them. “Wen Xiao Liu, get your sorry behind out here! If you run again, I’ll break both your scrawny legs!”

“Change into one of their soldiers and run away,” Shi Qi told him.

Shi Qi transformed the water into smoke and it became a mist surrounding him. He transformed into Wen Xiao Liu and walked to the window and opened it. Zhuan Xu said, “Now you obediently come out here and I’ll consider not making you suffer as much.”

The mist gradually expanded from the room and floated outside and became so dense and thick it formed a maze. Zhuan Xu was furious and ordered the mist maze stopped immediately.

Xiao Liu could see in the maze thanks to the fox satchel Shi Qi gave him. He transformed into one of Zhuan Xu’s servants and silently slipped out of the inn.

Xiao Liu ran due Northeast and he raised the fox satchel high and a large crane descended. Xiao Liu climbed on the back of the crane and it took off continuing Northeast. Xiao Liu looked back and didn’t feel at ease.

Zhuan Xu’s angry thunderous voice reached him, “Wen Xiao Liu, the person with you right now is Ye Shi Qi. I don’t have a problem with killing one Ye Shi Qi.”

Xiao Liu sighed – he really was able to be cold and heartless at the blink of an eye, thorough and unyielding. No wonder the Yellow Emperor liked Zhuan Xu.

Xiao Liu transformed back into being Wen Xiao Liu and turned back. After some time, he saw Zhuan Xu flying towards him and behind him Shi Qi was trussed up in a cage.

A servant came forward and Xiao Liu allowed himself to be captured. Zhuan Xu stared coldly at Xiao Liu and ordered, “Break both his legs.” The servant kicked both of Xiao Liu’s legs and both snapped. Xiao Liu collapsed on the ground.

“Throw him in the cage.”

Xiao Liu was thrown in the cage and he crawled towards Shi Qi. “Shi Qi….Shi Qi…..”

Shi Qi’s eyes were tightly shut and he was unconscious. Xiao Liu examined him and relaxed, Shi Qi had used all his powers as one to fight with many so he depleted all his energy and was passed out. He had no internal injuries and was in no life threatening danger.

-----

Chapter 23:

Feng Long stormed into the room and Jing put down his book. Feng Long saw him so at ease and got even angrier and rushed forward to punch Jing in the face.

Jing wiped the blood from his lip. “I’ll let you have three punches, but after that I won’t hold back either.”

“Hold back? When have you ever held back?” Feng Long punched Jing twice in the stomach and Jing doubled over.

Feng Long went to kick Jing and Jing slammed a fist into his kneecap causing Feng Long to almost lose his balance. He was so angry he started punching and kicking and Jing didn’t hold back either and dished it right back. Two powerful high born young gods with strong powers actually started fighting like two school boys without any concern for their lofty images.

The sound of things shattering in the room reached everyone outside and Xing Yue heard it and asked in worry “You sure no one will die?”

Xiao Yao said slowly “Maybe get laid up in bed for a few months.”

Feng Long and Jing brawled and brawled until it wasn’t clear who stopped first. Neither fought anymore and both laid in complete utter mess on the ground and stared at the ceiling in silence.

-----

Chapter 33:

Jing said, “My powers may not be as high as Xiang Liu, Feng Long and those top warriors in the vast wilderness, but I’m still the descendant of the nine-tailed fox. I learned my powers from childhood so it’s not low. A love potion can’t work on people like us, all it does is increase an existing urge but it wouldn’t be able to render me unable to control my urges.”

Xiao Yao nodded, it was true. To the Gods, forget Jing, even giving a love potion to those sleazebags like Cui Liang, they won’t be rendered unable to control themselves. A bucket of water could break the spell, they simply didn’t want to control themselves.

Dang the drama!!! INJUSTICE! If these scenes were added, Jing comes across much much better! In the drama, he was made to look so sickly and on the verge of death. Not to mention, Jing is softhearted and kind and he tends to tear up when things get emotional. All combined makes Jing look so bad, like a sick loser in the drama. But it's so not true!!! Argh!! 

AH :
In chapter 16 (8+ years after WXL and YSQ first met), XY still describes TSJ's voice as gentle and raspy. 

Imagine what Jing's voice would have sounded like before. Gentle and smooth like honey. I would follow him home if he sang to me. HAHHAHHA....

AH :
On snowy days, if Jing stood for long his legs would hurt a lot and she noticed but Fang Feng Yi Yang never sensed it and would continue to play.

I am glad we had that previous discussion that XY probably fixed this for Jing. Old bone injuries always rear their painfulness during cold weather and we all want Jing to be able to do winter sports and run after his kids with XY. Awwww....that would be such a sweet scene right?

AH :
Jing hadn’t played in twenty years and one time he sat down at his old zither and strummed it only to quickly realize his fingers were no longer fluid. The notes were off and that was a reminder of what happened to his body. Every time his brother tortured him and the insulting words he said reverberated in his ears and he flipped the zither. He didn’t want to remember those words and remember the pain. He felt that he would never want to touch this again in his life.

Argh!!! Hou deserves to be Ramsay Bolton-ed!!! It's been a while since I have hated a villain this much and it won't go away because Hou died too easy imo. INJUSTICE!!! LOL 

AH :
Their lessons gradually became Jing playing for her while she munched on the duck necks he made for her and drank the plum wine he brewed for her. Sometimes she would lay under the blanket reading medical books, or else she would chat about all sorts of random stuff with Jing.

This is beautiful. I think they depicted this beautiful time in FL's family mansion well. 

And lastly, I feel that it was very brave and direct of Jing to let XY know how he feels, even if he does it as a tearful puppy some of the times. Based on 21st century dating advice, if a man repeatedly tells you he is not ready to settle down, does not want to be with you, wrong man for you etc, take his word for it and move on. This is referring to the situation between XL and XY. If a guy really likes you, he will let you know and try to make it work, do things for you to show his love and commitment. This is Jing towards XY. No matter what people say, at the end of the day, I still think Jing is the best match for XY. I am happy for YaoJing. 

As always, thank you for clarifying and sharing @AH. ♥️♥️♥️ 

And I was also thinking thank goodness for 2 faithful servants Jing Ye and Hu Ya who looked after Jing well.  Do you think they travelled with YaoJing? 

ChunTian:
As always, thank you for clarifying and sharing @AH. ♥️♥️♥️ 

You're welcome. ^^

ChunTian:

And I was also thinking thank goodness for 2 faithful servants Jing Ye and Hu Ya who looked after Jing well.  Do you think they travelled with YaoJing? 

When XY and TSJ left, they took Miao Pu and Left Ear with them but did not take Jing Ye, Hu Ya or any of TSJ's other servants with them. 

TSJ left everything and everyone else behind when he followed XY at the end of the novel. After he had been presumed dead for 7 years, they had all adjusted to a new normal without him. Jing Ye and Hu Zhen married and remained with the Tushan Clan. They promised TSJ that they would continue to look after TSZ until he came of age. 

ChunTian:
To me S2 was all over the place. Like just tell the story people, don't mess it up with all kinds of irrelevant shenanigans. All the 4 leads came across ridiculous because it was not well handled. 

I think the first arc (solving the Tushan family stuff) was ok, but afterwards with the amount of changes, it does become a bit of a mess. I think the decision to focus on Cang Xuan and the major change in the plot/character for him really is where it all starts, plus lack of budget to tell some of the other major parts of the story. Because of those changes, Jing just mostly stands around and smiles for a good stretch of episodes. And I could have done without at least one of the XL drinking scenes. I think one would have been enough.

Still, I am glad we still got to see the arc of XY being devastated by Jing's "death" (albeit in a dream/vision sequence), and XL's death was epic and made me feel so bad for him. The guy had a rough life of violence, and XY was a bright light for him, made him experience and feel love and light in such a chaotic and dark world.

Jing will always have a special place in my heart as fart as main male characters go in Chinese dramas. But I am tired of all the bullying and character bashing. I am ready to move on haha finally. I guess it is somehow hard to separate the character from the actor - I wish all the best to Deng Wei and look forward to seeing his new works soon.

You guys are still here!! I am finding it hard to move on from LYF too, especially when there is no other good dramas to move on with lol

I think this year its obvious that LYF S2 was nailed to the pillar of shame because I didn't see much marketing from Tencent hollering about 'their best series' anymore... They know what they have done...They are probably glad that Olympics came right after and generally people 'moved on' to new dramas.
As I only read the novel after S1 was done last year, re-watching S1 now, I noticed they already had been stealing scenes from Jing and given to Xiangliu back then... two more obvious ones being the whole 'animal droppings' chat and the food box bento etc
Since XL was a supporting character in the novel, he really didn't appear all that much except in a few lines in some chapters...I wonder why the LYF team didn't write something unique for XL and XY instead of stealing stuff from Jing's scenes though...

I am rewatching Mr Sunshine now... a korean drama from a while back...Its not the same but its also one girl, three guys... one with gun, one with sword and one with....flowers LOL

soTreeD:
You guys are still here!! I am finding it hard to move on from LYF too, especially when there is no other good dramas to move on with lol

Yeah, I find the C dramas this year a bit uninteresting (at least to me) overall. Oh well, hopefully there will something soon.

I really liked Mr. Sunshine back when it came out - good times.

Sunbath12:
And I could have done without at least one of the XL drinking scenes. I think one would have been enough.

LOL! And the part where they cut to XL drinking and touching his lips when YaoJing were passionately making out on the beach was cringe and hilarious. 

Sunbath12:
Still, I am glad we still got to see the arc of XY being devastated by Jing's "death" (albeit in a dream/vision sequence), and XL's death was epic and made me feel so bad for him. The guy had a rough life of violence, and XY was a bright light for him, made him experience and feel love and light in such a chaotic and dark world.

Jing will always have a special place in my heart as fart as main male characters go in Chinese dramas. But I am tired of all the bullying and character bashing.

I like both Jing and XL. But the way some people handled their admiration for XL was OTT, stan-like and very unpleasant. It chased away other fans with other POVs. How can a drama forum function with only 1 type of fans and 1 POV. That would be an actor specific fan club and no longer a drama forum. LOL Anyways...

At the end of the day, even though I like XL, I much prefer Jing's kindness and gentleness and his hidden wolf personality. *wink wink* 

Sunbath12:
I guess it is somehow hard to separate the character from the actor - I wish all the best to Deng Wei and look forward to seeing his new works soon.

Weiwei does not seem to have any new dramas other than those 2 mentioned in his actor page. But he seems to be doing more magazine spreads. Here is the latest one for Figaro Hommes September issue. Enjoy.

https://x.com/just_DengWeiD/status/1826926358255247544?t=I9Xd-yJD6brcKE_965enFQ&s=19

soTreeD:

Tell me about it. I am watching Gege's AYTO but find myself starting to fast forward it. The story is too unbelievable at certain parts, especially when they sell the FL character as a smart and observant person. Like what?! She did not notice what he did? Sighs...Let's see how long more Zhang Wan Yi can hold my attention. LOL

soTreeD:
I think this year its obvious that LYF S2 was nailed to the pillar of shame

Hahahaha...and we will add on the Bell of Shame to it from GOTs. Creative and Business clash I guess. The investors of course needed to see the numbers and I was shocked to hear the cost of each petal for XY and her parents scene. 

soTreeD:
I wonder why the LYF team didn't write something unique for XL and XY instead of stealing stuff from Jing's scenes though...

To do that, the flow of events need to make sense. But many things made no sense in S2. INJUSTICE to Jing making him stand there and just do nothing but smile. How can he not look lame? Sighs...But hey, he got the girl in the end.  

soTreeD:
I am rewatching Mr Sunshine now... a korean drama from a while back...Its not the same but its also one girl, three guys... one with gun, one with sword and one with....flowers LOL

Was it a HE? I do not need any more angst. LOL

I think it would be nice for fellow Jing fans to have a place to still chat about Jing, exchange updates on Weiwei and just chat as fellow fans. Should we move over to DengWei's actor page or do you guys still want to stay here? 

But staying on this thread, we will still get notifications when someone posts.

What do you guys think?

ChunTian:
cut to XL drinking and touching his lips when YaoJing were passionately making out on the beach was cringe and hilarious. 

I found that part very unnecessary and just plain weird to me.

I'm a fan of XL's story - he's an important part of XY's story and the story as a whole, but as you said, I prefer XY and Jing together romantically.

ChunTian:
Weiwei does not seem to have any new dramas other than those 2 mentioned in his actor page. But he seems to be doing more magazine spreads.

Yeah, I've seen a lot of rumors of possible dramas and even one recently about a film, but yeah, we'll just have to wait and see. :)

ChunTian:
Was it a HE? I do not need any more angst. LOL

uuuuuuuum...... Honestly I couldn't recall the ending very well but I know there were alot of epic deaths LOL it was times of war so it was to be expected... 

ChunTian:

I think it would be nice for fellow Jing fans to have a place to still chat about Jing, exchange updates on Weiwei and just chat as fellow fans. Should we move over to DengWei's actor page or do you guys still want to stay here? 

But staying on this thread, we will still get notifications when someone posts.

What do you guys think?

Is there an actors page on MDL? sure we can do that I guess - so if we talk there we don't get notifs?

But yeah if you want to talk more about Jing, that works too lol 

soTreeD:
Is there an actors page on MDL?

This is Weiwei's actors page.

Deng Wei (邓为) - MyDramaList