We are performing scheduled database maintenance, which may cause temporary downtime. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.

@Antinh85

Though one of them does bring up a good point that I do question about Jing keep tabs on XY. Like he how he sent the foxes to track her down at all times. It does feel a bit possessive. I guess his love for hear does borderline being on the unhealthy side. I think alot of it is because he lost all his self confidence and they're young in love.

From my perspective, keeping tabs at XY is because Jing is faraway and he is curious about her 

Susuwatari789:

@

Though one of them does bring up a good point that I do question about Jing keep tabs on XY. Like he how he sent the foxes to track her down at all times. It does feel a bit possessive. I guess his love for hear does borderline being on the unhealthy side. I think alot of it is because he lost all his self confidence and they're young in love.

From my perspective, keeping tabs at XY is because Jing is faraway and he is curious about her 

i think jing did that mostly because he missed her...

dtsj_sapphire:

@Antinh85

I did watch  K version of Scarlett Heart back then but I ended up not finishing it because got busy with other things. Plus, I saw the Chinese version and I knew it would be sad so I was trying stay away from those endings. hehe Song of Desert I may check out.  Speaking of Cecilia, can't wait to see her in Fox Spirit Matchmaker.

ohh nice at least you've started it jijiji, not bad. ? ah yess coz it's tragic, i understand, been there before and took me much time to move on and not even sure if i did move on esp in cases where ml and fl are the main characters but they end up separated in the end like what happened to my time consumed rooting for them.??. 

yes ill also check on it and see how it was written.

btw, who's Cecilia ?sorry not so familiar w/C-artists. Fox Spirit Matchmaker is the one w/ Yang Mi right? think I saw a clip of that might be from the trailer or something-- ? I heard some positive reviews abt it or more like coz of YM on the main cast.

Cecilia Liu or you may have known her as Liu Shi Shi. She was the main lead in  Chinese version of Scarlett Heart. She was quite popular before she had the baby and took a very long break. I find her so beautiful. I have yet to be awe of another actress as I did with her. There are plenty of beautiful actress but she had that beauty that was just made more costume dramas. 

Fox Spirit series is split into three parts because the novel itself is very long. First one being with Yang Mi, Second one with Cecilia, and they just announced the third installment will be with Cheng Yi and Li Yi Tong. I heard the third installment will mostly be heart wrenching moments. Cheng Yi tend to love those roles so it's so up his alley. I like Li  Yi Tong so I can't wait. hehe

@Romans_Revenge

Physical strength is something you can gain but emotional strength is something that’ll take years heck, you’ll never get over your trauma. Why do you think there’re psychopaths, sociopaths, narcissistic people walking around?

oh that's true though. emotional traumas when not managed well lead to those stuff and that's another sad reality.

In the end XY chose Jingshe’s ALWAYS liked him back when she was a HE! I wouldn’t accept a promise if I didn’t like the guy, I’d have moved on when he broke my heart, I wouldn’t have accepted him back after everything, I wouldn’t try to kill my cousin after learning what he did to my husband, I wouldn’t dedicate a song SOLELY for him & I wouldn’t decide to be a royal mother cos I thought my husband is dead..I wouldn’t do all of this if I didn’t love him

ohh like it all, you summed it up well! 💜🥰 {felt like rapper reading this, I remember DW's speed inviting fans to the concert or s2 something like that posted on twt:⁠-⁠D.}

Tong Hua is a smart, think outside-the-box, creative writer. She can be polarizing but ultimately her stories resonate with a lot of readers. I appreciate and admire that. Some critics said she doesn’t know how to write political/palace intrigue, I said cry me a river/bleat!

Deng Wei has come along way for someone who started a few years ago in supporting roles. Now look, he has landed a lead role. He always looks amazing in period garb! 

Yang Zi always been Yang Zi! She knows her character well and played it 100%. So glad she waited a decade later for this role 

Winny Aye:
umm about stalking her..😅if real life its sort it would be a little creepy but this is fiction again I find it romantic somehow on he wanting to know how is she? I dont think he had bad intention. And yep sometimes i dont think true romantic love is 100% healthy.  it has to deal with obsessive, possessive and even jealousy right. yep especially young love. its not family bond not friendship.

The point that they were trying to make that Jing's behavior of stalking her, hurting her, failing to keep up his promises, and not doing much is far worse than XL being abusive to her in the past. I don't even know how they can come up with that conclusion. All of the men are equally flawed to me. XL  changed alot because he realized his feelings but what is to say that he will never harm XY again when he gets mad? That is why it hard for me to root for them a couple. Like the time after her coronation ceremony, he purposely seek out her sister to cause harm to her. Then he was going to rescue her but then Jing came. So if he did rescue her, that made everything ok for what he did?  

I guess alot of people see Jing a "simp". He does come off that way. In society, those men are frown upon as they are seen as week and less of a man.  guess that is why people were put off about his character. 

Susuwatari789:

Tong Hua is a smart, think outside-the-box, creative writer. She can be polarizing but ultimately her stories resonate with a lot of readers. I appreciate and admire that. Some critics said she doesn’t know how to write political/palace intrigue, I said cry me a river/bleat!

Deng Wei has come along way for someone who started a few years ago in supporting roles. Now look, he has landed a lead role. He always looks amazing in period garb! 

Yang Zi always been Yang Zi! She knows her character well and played it 100%. So glad she waited a decade later for this role 

Tong Hua would sooo much having fun reading all through threads and comment S1 :D

:D!!!

@WinnyAye

umm about stalking her..😅if real life its sort it would be a little creepy but this is fiction again I find it romantic somehow on he wanting to know how is she? I dont think he had bad intention. And yep sometimes i dont think true romantic love is 100% healthy.  it has to deal with obsessive, possessive and even jealousy right. yep especially young love. its not family bond not friendship.

Winny Aye:

i think jing did that mostly because he missed her...

@Susuwatari789

From my perspective, keeping tabs at XY is because Jing is faraway and he is curious about her.

yesssss i do agree. 😉 i remember Jing's reaction when  Xiaoliu used her blood to heal him coz he was hurt by Xuan's men and end up unconscious. He, as much as possible, didn't want her to hurt herself like biting his finger to let out some blood to feed him or even seeing her hurt again. just that small bite on her finger and he's so concerned. And i remember what he said when he piggy backed the hurt Xiaoliu, he told her not to just leave him behind coz he worries a lot when he can't find her. and again, i relate that to him seeing her hurt and if she can't find her, he won't be at rest coz who knows if she ends up hurt again or worse dead, so that's how i think abt it. TH has her own reason for making him a nine-tailed fox descendant in her story, who, if i remember it right, has tracking abilities and i think that applies to the death scene of XY that's mostly misunderstood. Also it was the most devastating part for Jing that even DW said, as i remember, was his most unforgettable scene as Jing.(⁠T⁠T⁠)

Again, I never saw Jing as a “stalker” or “wimp” because he kept track of XY. He only did it if he felt that she might be in danger, remember she has very low powers. I’d rather have my boyfriend’s fox spirit keep track of me knowing I can be rescued than have someone else who basically abused me come to my rescue. Please give me a stalker simp any day, atleast I know in my heart he’s not a simp nor weak,he spoils me rotten & does everything for me without me asking. If you want someone to blame, blame the author for giving her favorite character with “great attributes” . In the end love won!

Antinh85:
I don't even know how they can come up with that conclusion

The main point from my perception, the breaking point for them, is that their character dies.

Game over. 

Now , when even the writer having said that everyone in this book, and by extention in LyF/the drama, gets its HAPPY end, that makes knackis  cell die too...And the result is what we see. Burning that whole creation (that gave them the character they love) to ashes, and scratching the ashes to fufill their vision of the already written ending. It's =>  But hey... why it goes there /comes to that dead end point ? (R= that particular character wishing above all to die gloriously) , 

It's: But.... How??? (R=alone gloriously alone) is a wall for them.

Their character chooses his priority, what he is happy about.  We are just lucky/intuitive to have felt the wall, the no no no way stop, the beauty and the necessecity of what mathers .

Kindness, forgiveness and Love, desire too (Jing is desired..do I need to put XiaoJing hot kisses scenes?.......among so many, many other and interesting things the drama covers.

Since the begining :).

Romans_Revenge:
Again

...Yes. It's exactly the opposite ;).

dtsj_sapphire:
he worries a lot when he can't find her

I wont go back to find pics, but she happily smiled ;D.

just for visual reps'n 😉, on this part he used his tracking ability to find Xiaoliu and saw her hurt holding onto a stick trying to walk. He went to her side immediately. Xiaoliu said her legs hurt and so Shiqi tried to help relieve the pain--- Xiaoliu said "I can't walk again and so he piggy backed her and while they're walking, Xiaoliu kept calling his name, "Shiqi..."and he didn't answer. 

Then, Xiaoliu said, "it hurts" and Shiqi immediately reacted.

As you can see how happy Xiaoliu is--

sorry, im a bit slow when adding photos or gifs here lol, how's the discussion going(⁠^⁠^⁠)

dtsj_sapphire:

just for visual reps'n ?, on this part he used his tracking ability to find Xiaoliu and saw her hurt holding onto a stick trying to walk. He went to her side immediately. Xiaoliu said her legs hurt and so Shiqi tried to help relieve the pain--- Xiaoliu said "I can't walk again and so he piggy backed her and while they're walking, Xiaoliu kept calling his name, "Shiqi..."and he didn't answer. 

Then, Xiaoliu said, "it hurts" and Shiqi immediately reacted.

As you can see how happy Xiaoliu is--

That you did it! :p