ChunTian:

English is not everyone's first language here in MDL and sometimes misunderstandings occur. It is good that it has been clarified. 

I will be the first one to vouch for the folks in this YaoJing thread as kind people. =)

Thanks you so much for understanding.. ♥

@soTreeD

I don't want to blame Xiaoyao, but sometimes her closeness with CX might have fed into his deluded and possessive streak. Since he had always thought he was her number 1, he thought that as long as he waited long enough, she could come to love him romantically.
In the end what was innocent and sweet words from childhood 'We will be together forever' became a scary thing to promise anyone lol

Yes it is scary and dangerous thing indeed. Because when we were.. so young  we never or hardly know or care about what will happen when we all grown up. And it seems CX took it so seriously even when he married woman after woman and his grown up self could tell. .its not something Xiao Yao is likely agree in the way he wanted so he knew he had lost the chance. However subconciously he still seems to hold on to it. But then he also had failed to go to take her on time. Promises can be made. But I guess times change and circumstances involved, it actually did not make sense sometimes to hold on to the thing because its promised. I am taking it as another theme from this story.

soTreeD:
Xiaoyao could have used spirit power to remove the mark and nobody would know.

My impression was that spiritual power could not be used that way in LYF. 

For example, when XY threw her glass at CX in chapter 38 after she finally found out about his war with Gao Xing, it was possible for his wound to be healed / patched up with spiritual power, but the bruise mark it left behind could not be removed by spiritual power and had to heal on its own over the course of two days. 

CX's own spiritual power was much higher than XY's and as the Black Emperor he would have had access to the best medicine and physicians. 

-----

Chapter 38:

Zhuan Xu quickly washed up and changed, putting medicine on his bruise, before walking out.

Xiao Yao was in the courtyard and heard his footsteps and looked over. Zhuan Xu had a bright purple bruise on his forehead that came from the glass striking him. Earlier there were wine streaks on his face so no one saw it but after he was cleaned up the bruise was especially noticeable.

Last night Xiao Yao was so angry she used her full strength when she tossed it at Zhuan Xu. He must have bled a lot and even though the wound was patched up with spiritual powers it could only heal the wound but could not remove the bruising.

Zhuan Xu smiled, “No worries, it’ll be gone in two days.

-----

I imagine the marks left behind by XL's bites would have been similar to CX's bruise. If so, it might be possible for XY (or someone with higher spiritual power) to patch up the bites, but it would not be possible to remove the marks they left behind with spiritual power. XY would need to apply medicine and let the marks heal on their own. Since her wounds normally heal quickly, maybe it would only take a day for her body to heal the marks (instead of the two days that CX's body needed). 

-----

Chapter 3:

Xiao Liu just finished tormenting Xiang Liu and was in a very good mood so waved a greeting to Shi Qi with a bright smile. Shi Qi hurried up his footsteps and there was a twinkle in his eye until he noticed the teeth marks on Xiao Liu’s neck. For all intents and purposes it looked like a mark left by a kiss. Shi Qi’s eyes darted to Xiao Liu’s room and the twinkle disappeared from his eyes. Xiao Liu told Shi Qi, “Xiang Liu is in my room. Don’t bother him and let him rest. He’ll leave when he wakes up. I have some things to do so I need to leave. Tell Lao Mu not to look for me.”

-----

Chapter 4:

The sun hadn’t even risen when Shi Qi tracked him down and found Xiao Liu curled up within a tangle of broken branches. He looked totally beaten up but was sleeping with a slight smile on his lips. Shi Qi knelt down and slowly picked off the leaves on his head and saw that there were two fresh bite marks on Xiao Liu’s neck. It was slightly hidden underneath his collar with the red teeth impression vaguely showing the imprint of a pair of lips.

soTreeD:
In the drama I like the little detail in Ep27 where Xiaoyao steps away from FFB when she saw Jing standing there.

I commend you and kind of envy you. I get grumpy about almost every little change from the novel. I'm too attached to the original version of events. 

Like the tension they added between TSJ and XL/FFB in that scene and XY telling FFYY that (since her archery skills were so impressive and she was so beatiful), it was no wonder that people said that FFYY and TSJ were a match made in heaven. 

Idk... I thought the changes made XY seem meaner and made TSJ and XL/FFB seem pettier. 

soTreeD:
I don't mean that Xiaoyao will never touch a man but she is still Xiaoyao.

Yep, yep. 

soTreeD:
When she thought she pissed off Xiangliu after 'disrespecting' him and stealing a look at his demon form, she used her entire body to wrestle him to prevent him for leaving her in anger and leaving her stranded once again. I didn't see that moment as romantic either. Especially not when she would ask him sadly after he had saw Jing, and even shared a wistful moment about how her last meeting with Jing was...

Probably best for me not to discuss my thoughts on chapter 43 in this thread. I don't want to test anyone's patience when it comes to overdoing it with XL talk in a YaoJing thread. 

soTreeD:
I don't want to blame Xiaoyao, but sometimes her closeness with CX might have fed into his deluded and possessive streak. Since he had always thought he was her number 1, he thought that as long as he waited long enough, she could come to love him romantically.
In the end what was innocent and sweet words from childhood 'We will be together forever' became a scary thing to promise anyone lol

Agreed, not XY's fault. 

Most of the time I found myself quite frustrated with CX and all the ways that he ended up hurting XY and limiting her happiness. But there were a few occassions where I really did feel for him. 

AH :
Probably best for me not to discuss my thoughts on chapter 43 in this thread. I don't want to test anyone's patience when it comes to overdoing it with XL talk in a YaoJing thread. 

Aww..I think that is very thoughtful of you. =)

I was thinking that perhaps if this topic has already been discussed in the other thread, maybe share a link so that those of us who are curious can pop over to take a read? Or maybe private send me the link if you are not comfortable. =P

ChunTian:
I was thinking that perhaps if this topic has already been discussed in the other thread, maybe share a link so that those of us who are curious can pop over to take a read? Or maybe private send me the link if you are not comfortable. =P

Hmm. I'm afraid I definitely don't have a nice, consolidated comment with all my thoughts on that chapter that I could link to. I've probably discussed different parts of that chapter dozens of times in other threads over the past year in comments that are scattered across many thread pages. 

A good amount of those comments would be more YaoJing comments about things like the wedding vows that XY made to the moon, her willingness to step into something she knew was probably a trap on the slim chance that the message she received really was from TSJ and that he was alive, and her willingness to join TSJ in death in the ocean after the albatross demon confirmed that it had been a trick and TSJ was (as far as she was aware) really dead. But I'm sure a significant portion of the comments would be about things that were more YaoLiu things. 

I'd say if you really wanted to you could try searching for them, but trying to search for comments in MDL threads is tough. And you're probably not missing out on any great insights by not reading them. I appreciate your interest though. ^^

AH :
My impression was that spiritual power could not be used that way in LYF. 

We saw Shiqi removing the mark in the drama though....really inconsistent storytelling lol

In the novel yes I think they didn't remove bruises that way... I remember when Xiaoyao was slapped by Ah Nian, she also had to wear her veil LOL

For that scene actually, I felt CX left the bruises on purpose, probably as his own penitence for causing Xiaoyao to be upset. But nevermind spirit power, don't they have basic makeup 'powder'

I suppose what I meant to say was, whether there can be spirit power to remove the mark or not, Xiaoyao won't have allowed XL to take blood from her neck anymore, same reason that she won't let take air from him in CPR.

AH :
I thought the changes made XY seem meaner and made TSJ and XL/FFB seem pettier. 

Yes in the drama version of XY, she does come across as being more mean to TSJ especially.
But she is also more open with her words. Like the drama Jing knows that she missed him and annoyed he didn't keep in touch, but novel Jing was still unsure because she fell asleep when he asked her if she missed him...

Sometimes the drama improved on things, but most of the time, it shouldn't have changed what was not broken... sigh

CX was really a sad character. Even until the end, I don't think he would understand the happiness Xiaoyao managed to find for herself. But I think that is the beauty of the story.

Two war orphans set out from the same sad point, both experiencing horrible things in their lives that would lead them down what may look like an inevitable path, but Xiaoyao managed to save herself - she managed to revive that innocent and kind Xiaoyao before all the trauma, while CX couldn't manage to and had to continue to live the way he was. 

Winny24:
Promises can be made. But I guess times change and circumstances involved, it actually did not make sense sometimes to hold on to the thing because its promised. I am taking it as another theme from this story.

So true! LOL now you remind me of the LYF prequel, Once Promised...

Promises are really easy to make, but difficult to keep. Even until the end, Xiaoyao chose to keep her promise to their elders and spared Cangxuan, by killing herself since she can't live with herself for not killing him.... its all so convoluted sigh

soTreeD:

So true! LOL now you remind me of the LYF prequel, Once Promised...

Promises are really easy to make, but difficult to keep. Even until the end, Xiaoyao chose to keep her promise to their elders and spared Cangxuan, by killing herself since she can't live with herself for not killing him.... its all so convoluted sigh

Ummm...yes.. she had fulfilled the elder wish of CX becoming King of Xiyan. She also got to see the Dahuang united.  i thought it's her love for both men and guilt that the reason was her. Because she thought that CX would get something for her if she loves it and she would for CX . In the novel she said she had to interest in politics because of CX. 

But she cut herself away from him in such a way. 

soTreeD:
We saw Shiqi removing the mark in the drama though....really inconsistent storytelling lol

Oh man, don't get me started on the changes they made in S1 Ep6 and the inconsistencies in the drama! The kinds of things that get me all grumpy. ^^

soTreeD:
In the novel yes I think they didn't remove bruises that way... I remember when Xiaoyao was slapped by Ah Nian, she also had to wear her veil LOL

Yes, another good example. 

soTreeD:
For that scene actually, I felt CX left the bruises on purpose, probably as his own penitence for causing Xiaoyao to be upset. But nevermind spirit power, don't they have basic makeup 'powder'

Hmmm. The text specifically said that the bruising could not be removed with spiritual power. So I feel like it's pretty clear that, whether or not he wanted to remove it, he couldn't / wouldn't have been able to. But you're right that CX could very well have felt penitence. And you're right that there probably was something else CX could do to hide the bruise, even if he couldn't remove it. Use make up. Use transformation powers. Something...

But maybe it would be worse if he tried to cover the bruise up and his courtiers still noticed it? I imagine some of them could see through illusions, and makeup can be rubbed off accidentally... If that happened, CX wouldn't be able to pretend to them like it was no big deal. 

As you said, maybe CX also decided not to hide the bruise as an act of penance.

soTreeD:
I suppose what I meant to say was, whether there can be spirit power to remove the mark or not, Xiaoyao won't have allowed XL to take blood from her neck anymore, same reason that she won't let take air from him in CPR.

Since XY didn't properly answer XL's question when he asked her why (and just said, "why do you think?"), we have to guess at the answer. And since they kept it (XY not allowing XL to bite her neck and instead directing him to bite her wrist) in the drama (even though, as you noted, it seems like XY might have been able to remove the mark in the drama) it does seem logical that there would be another reason. Doing so for the same reasons that led her to refuse to kiss XL for air in chapter 13 (e.g., trying to keep her promise to TSJ to not let another man into her heart) seems like a plausible and consistent explanation. 

soTreeD:
Yes in the drama version of XY, she does come across as being more mean to TSJ especially.
But she is also more open with her words. Like the drama Jing knows that she missed him and annoyed he didn't keep in touch, but novel Jing was still unsure because she fell asleep when he asked her if she missed him...

Sometimes the drama improved on things, but most of the time, it shouldn't have changed what was not broken... sigh

I get that some things have to be changed when a story gets adapted from one medium to another. Some things that can be conveyed in text with a narrator can't be conveyed in the same way through film without a narrator. And there occasionally were changes that I could appreciate even though they still bothered me a bit simply because they were changes and I'm unreasonably attached to the original. Like I was glad we weren't forced to watch, again and again, as TSH cut off seven tails from TSJ's astral fox. I was dreading that possibility and I was relieved not to have to sit through that much brutality towards TSJ.

But it's all the changes that feel unnecessary (or that were only necessary to the extent that they may have been required to satisfy the censors), especially the one's that change the character's arcs and relationships with other characters (like the changes with CX's story...), that frustrate me the most. 

soTreeD:
CX was really a sad character. Even until the end, I don't think he would understand the happiness Xiaoyao managed to find for herself. But I think that is the beauty of the story.

Two war orphans set out from the same sad point, both experiencing horrible things in their lives that would lead them down what may look like an inevitable path, but Xiaoyao managed to save herself - she managed to revive that innocent and kind Xiaoyao before all the trauma, while CX couldn't manage to and had to continue to live the way he was. 

And now I feel sad for the Frustrating Emperor again. </3

AH :
Hmm. I'm afraid I definitely don't have a nice, consolidated comment with all my thoughts on that chapter that I could link to.

No worries about it. Thank you. =)

If anyone is interested, there's the entire YaoJing cut from both S1 and S2 available:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTtCcY6Luzc

7 hrs long!

@sunbath12 

thanks, Iam.

Sunbath12:

If anyone is interested, there's the entire YaoJing cut from both S1 and S2 available:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTtCcY6Luzc

7 hrs long!

Thank you for sharing... i am watching it ..

Cute video, no subs, I think it is a reminder for people who forgot Jing. LOL

Gosh...there is a fox plush! I want it!

https://youtube.com/shorts/znGN9iCjeWo?si=P-u9IbonWAUdOUs0

ChunTian:

Cute video, no subs, I think it is a reminder for people who forgot Jing. LOL

Gosh...there is a fox plush! I want it!

https://youtube.com/shorts/znGN9iCjeWo?si=P-u9IbonWAUdOUs0

He's so cute ♥️

I'm watching new dramas but it's not possible to forget Tushan Jing, it's the most unique chara he played in my opinion

Tushan Jing compared to Xiao Lin, Gongye Jiwu, Sang You and Xue Qianxun has the least fight scenes but has the most emotional scenes