at his own body, just washing himself with

the linen, from his neck to his chest, from

his chest slowly to his abdomen, gradually

in between his legs

Xiaoliu's gaze was following his hand as it

moved, but she suddenly turned her head

away...."

Thank you Whysodrama.com  

yep...love this translation better...hehee..i mean more understandable..kekkekeke XD

love her vibe..

@Symbolika1

She knows the difference between evil and good, and will not deny all possible goodness because of one unfortunate experience. 

* As so, despite the difficult history with the nine-tailed fox who harmed her in the past:  

Xiao Yao's ability to move beyond her past and not look at Tushan Jing with reluctance , finally shows her positive/trustworthy and (later) loving emotions  toward him. 

=> She will never generalize the idea that all those of the same kind are the same :). Wich of course would be inacurate and meaningless.

Very truth about Xiao Yao. She definetly know what is goodness and what is evil. Even if she acted like a hard person, she's gentle person inside and would not really hate anyone at all. But yep she's fierce when time call for it. I love how you explained on how she did not take grudge against all foxes although she was tortured by a nine tail fox. It just show her intelligence. 

General symbolism of a red flower: Love and Passion /Hope and Longing /Symbol of Fate or Destiny. The symbolism might be explained or hinted at in later episodes or through character development and their interwinted path.

I love how the drama version added this flower message on how XiaoQi YaoJing is destined.

This is the 1rst time XY is washing his hair. Has she ever washed the hair of someone else before?  If no them again this is the 1st person she does this to. She is extremly gentle not to hurt him. When Chiang Zi offered  to do this task, she refuse, she send him off. This is the begining   of XY tlc for this man's hair. Lol.....

A few days ago with AH sharing parts from novel of XY longing for black healthy hair. We can definetly see it all here. i am sort of sure she hadnt wash any other men hair before. At least not in story chapters. And we all know how much she was taken by this man hair.♥

Congratulation , Xiao Liu=> You are interested in further exploration of your feminity and 

this little guy in the bathtube :D!!!!

Very true about it. Very right ♥ XD

Continue talk on chapter 2: A Road Ahead Is Unknown

I have already talk about the location taking place which is Quig Shui Town.  I think it's important because part o it has the flavors of Xiao Yao/Jing characters.

https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever-season-2/119991-tushan-jing-and-xiao-yao-here-s-to-a-happily-ever-after?pid=2873329&page=321#p2873329

I am skipping some scenes (actually read but sharing here) and will start on when Xiao Liu started to go to find precious herbs near Shengnong army station and Shi Qi followed her. I will color my thoughts in orange.

Xiao Liu was worried about Ma Zi and Chuan Zi’s stopping him so he prepared and left before sunrise. Humming a small tune and gnawing on a chicken feet, Xiao Liu walked and felt something was off. He turned around and Shi Qi was silently behind him. Xiao Liu waved “Why did you follow me? I’m off to the mountains to gather herbs. You hurry home.”

Xiao Liu kept walking but so did Shi Qi kept following. Xiao Liu put his hands on his hips and raised his voice “Hey! I told you to go home. Didn’t you hear me?”

Shi Qi quietly stood still with his eyes lowered and his silence conveying his determination. Maybe it was that their destiny started with pity so Xiao Liu was quick to soften towards him. He asked “Are you a Shen Nong deserter?” Shi Qi shook his head. “Are you a Xuan Yuan soldier?” Shi Qi shook his head. “Are you a Gao Xing spy?” Shi Qi shook his head. Xiao Liu smiled “Then you can head into the mountains. Follow me.”

Shi Qi took the basket from Xiao Liu’s back and his little bag of snacks. Xiao Liu finished gnawing on the chicken feet and Shi Qi passed him the bag and he grabbed a duck neck. He finished the duck neck and was about to wipe his hands on his robe when a clean cloth was handed to him. Xiao Liu giggled and wiped his hands clean. Shi Qi handed him a jug and Xiao Liu took a swig of plum wine and burped. He felt these days life was sure sweet! The two of them walked the entire day and it was dusk when they entered the mountains.

The word "sweet" is often used to say Xiao Yao/Xiao Liu feelings toward Shi Qi/Jing quite often. Yep, just two of them is serene. 

Xiao Liu found an area near a water supply and used herb powder to sprinkle a circle around them. “There are lots of beasts in the mountains. Don’t step outside the circle at night. I’ll go fetch water and you get some wood. Hurry back before dark.”

Xiao Liu brought the water back along with some wild vegetables. Shi Qi wasn’t back yet and Xiao Liu was about to go find him when Shi Qi returned with wood on his back and a wild chicken in his hand. Xiao Liu was so happy “You start the fire, I’ll cook something delicious for you.”

Xiao Liu cleaned the chicken cleanly then stuffed some mushrooms inside the cavity, salted the outside, splashed it with plum wine, wrapped it around some large leaves, and buried it under the yellow dirt next to the fire. He then made a simple stone top and used it to stew the vegetables with the chicken guts.

Shi Qi quietly watched Xiao Liu busy at work. Xiao Liu stirred the stew and said with a laugh “I lived in the mountains for many years. What is edible and not edible, I’ve eaten it all. Having me around in the mountains, you’re sure to get something tasty.”

When the time was up, Xiao Liu dug out the hard dirt lump and cracked it open. A fragrant smell came wafting out. Xiao Liu split the chicken in thirds, one part went into the food bag, he gave Shi Qi the bigger remaining portion “You must finish, you are too skinny.” Xiao Liu ate his portion and watched Shi Qi. He was still the same, every gesture was elegant and refined, as if he was seated at the most lofty banquet eating the most incredible food. Xiao Liu sighed “Shi Qi, you’ll leave sooner or late.”

Shi Qi glanced at him “I. Won’t.”

Xiao Liu smiled and finished the mushroom stew and went to the creek to wash up.

Jing/Shi Qi had never abandoned his elegant manners. Xiao Liu always had a feeling that Shi Qi might leave one day. Because she's enjoying time with him. One thing is because he looked different and higher than normal individuals living in Quig Shui. Another thing is her not being able to give into believe if someone will stay with her forever because of her abandoned issue. Anyway she was happy he assured her to not leaving. 

Xiao Liu woke up in the morning to find Shi Qi had started a fire and boiled hot water. Xiao Liu took the remaining chicken and diced it up and tossed it in the water to make soup. He took a biscuit from the bag and split it with Shi Qi. Once they were done with the soup and put out the fire, they continued up the mountain.

Xiao Liu took Shi Qi and collected only the more precious herbs along the way. After three days of walking, they entered the deepest parts of the mountain. Xiao Liu squatted down and stared at a pile of animal droppings. His brow was furrowed as if deciding something. Shi Qi carried all their belongings and silently watched him.

Xiao Liu stood up and said “You stay here, I need to go find something alone.” Shi Qi didn’t nod, where Xiao Liu went, he also went. Xiao Liu glared “You said you would listen to me. If you don’t listen, I don’t want you anymore.” Shi Qi silently looked at him and the sliver of sunlight through the trees shone on his scar along the hair line and the light sorrow in his eyes

It's a bit different than from drama. In drama of course we fully see Deng Wei's handsome face but in novel he had scar along his hair line. Not really that important. Just pointing out. Nevertheless, Jing is described to be refine, elegant, sophisticated gentlemen. 

Xiao Liu softened and stepped forward wanting to grab his arm but remembering that he didn’t like to be touched so he grabbed his sleeve “Shi Qi is the best and most obedient and most capable, I won’t discard you. Not taking you is because its dangerous.(I need to remark here a bit because in my Thai version, it is written "Not taking you is NOT because it's dangerous") That thing is too clever and if it smells something it’ll be scared off and run thousands of miles in an instant. The only way to get close is to smear its poop on the body but there isn’t enough poop here so only I can go. If I can’t catch it I’ll come right back so wait for me here.”

Xiao Liu tilted his head and smiled and finally Shi Qi nodded.

Xiao Liu picked up the poop and stepped away to smear it on his arm “Isn’t it gross? You probably never saw this where you grew up. It’s not really that dirty. A lot of medicine is made with animal poop you know.” Xiao Liu turned and Shi Qi was right next to him already and he paused. Shi Qi fixed his sleeve and said “Be careful.”

Xiao Liu laughed “I lived alone in the mountain for years. When I was hungry, I even stole the egg from under a Thousand Year Snake Demon. Even the most vicious beasts aren’t dangerous to me. To be honest, there are no beasts or animals scarier than people……..” Xiao Liu fixed his waistband and waved “I’m off.”

“I. Wait for you.” Shi Qi stood underneath the tree.

There is no person who will wait for another for an entire lifetime. Xiao Liu smiled and with a hop and a skip disappeared into the trees.

Koala writing is actually very good but she sometimes needs editing. For me in red highlighted sentence including "not" is different than what she wrote. Because what she wrote lead to think She's not taking Shi Qi because it's dangerous but "not dangerous" meaning, she assured Shi Qi that he did not have to worry her if it will be dangerous for her.. She can handle it, and also not dangerous but the thing she is going catch maybe difficult for her if two of them go together. And in this part of the story, Xiao Liu and Shi Qi get to spend more time together. They were happy. With their conversation,  I can see that Xiao Liu's life must have been quite rough. The way she explained about how she once wandered and how life was hard and rough for her. So Xiao Liu is chatty and she's also revealing a little of herself to Shi Qi.

And the part include about how diligent and intellgent Jing is. So this is before the part I shared above.

Two years had passed and Shi Qi still looked thin and weak. But his strength was stronger than anyone suspected. Carrying water pails, cutting wood, brewing medicine, grinding herbs, he could do it all. He had an especially keen memory.

Ma Zi and Chuan Zi followed Xiao Liu for over ten years and still couldn’t remember some of the herbs. Shi Qi was different, whatever the herb if he heard it once from Xiao Liu he would remember it.

Gradually Xiao Liu started taking him everywhere, he was strong, had a good memory, very reticent, did anything he was told, he was literally the perfect person to ask to do bad things like murder and mayhem.

And yep Jing got to spend a lot of time with Xiao Liu. ♡

Taking cofee in Qinshi Town virtualy, bb to read you! <3 Thx for replies  yeah yeah :)!

Symbolika1:

Taking cofee in Qinshi Town virtualy, bb to read you! <3 Thx for replies  yeah yeah :)!

thanks for analyzing .yep be relax....♡♡

Winny Aye:

@Symbolika1

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Reading ....Im so delight to find full whole posts...this morning (here) :))

peng-peng:

Perfect @Symbolika1.  It is also very clear.

Hahaha you did 50% !! <3

We are enjoying our journey through their path, that's the most important thing!

So thank you both!<3 ANd let's thanks Xiao Yao and Tushan Jing :D

peng-peng:

I share this uncensored translation of the bath scene by Whysodrama.com  blog

"Maybe every scar is a humiliation, the man

kept his head lowered, with his eyes closed

with an air of indifference, without looking

at his own body, just washing himself with

the linen, from his neck to his chest, from

his chest slowly to his abdomen, gradually

in between his legs

Xiaoliu's gaze was following his hand as it

moved, but she suddenly turned her head

away...."

Thank you Whysodrama.com  

OH just OH...

<3!

Winny Aye:
this flower message on how XiaoQi YaoJing is destined.

Yes :) The drama visuals goes soooo much in depth in the subject of blooming- love and feminity through the Xiao Yao & Tushan Jing arcs <3

Chapter 2: The Road Ahead Is Unknown 

Xiao Liu sang a sad to lure Jiu Jiu out. Just to remark the lyrics are changed when she sang for Jing. And also to remark Koala  did not put the song the red highlight is what i translated from thai book , not in koala version..lets read the scene..

Xiao Liu wanted to catch a Jiu Jiu, a small animal resembling a civet cat. It had a long white tail and can take away people’s sorrow. It was popular with the nobles and could be sold for a pretty penny. It didn’t have any attack power but it was very very clever yet easy to frighten so quick to run away. It was very hard to catch. But Xiao Liu had a way of dealing with it. Jiu Jiu loved listening to a young woman sing. Jiu Jiu would be attracted to the young woman’s sorrowful song and its body would inch closer to help the girl forget her sorrows. Xiao Liu found a suitable spot to set the trap.

He jumped into the water to wash off the poop first, then crawled on a rock and sat down. The rock was warmed by the sun and Xiao Liu sat there fixing his hair and singing. The song was carried by the wind. Xiao Liu sang a song about missing someone forever and never being able to forget.

"If beloved is wind above the water
I will be the lily in the wind
To see and to miss
To see and to miss
If beloved is the cloud in the sky
I will be the moon in the cloud
To love and to cherish
To love and to cherish
If beloved was the tree in the forest
I would be the vines on the tree
Together and connected
Together and connected
If beloved is the bird on the sky
I would be the fish in the lake
Not forgeting, Missing Forever"

The voice was melodic and the song sorrowful so the Jiu Jiu was lured out by the song. Initially it was scared so hid in the dark. When it sensed no danger, it could not overcome its natural instinct to help people forget sorrow so it stepped out and started chirping.

Xiao Liu fixed his hair and stared at it. It had large round saucer eyes and was super adorable. It would chirp and shake its large white tail, doing little flips or kicking its legs or thumping its chest. It did all sorts of adorable things to make him laugh.

Xiao Liu sighed loudly and undid the trap “You silly thing, you run off now, I won’t catch you to sell for money.”

We can all see Xiao Liu is such a softie when deal with such creature as jiu jiu.

Edit:...Just to add my proof to the post about thai version..

หากพี่เป็นสายลมเนือผิวนำ้
น้องเป็นดั่งบัวกลางสายลมนัน
พบกัน คิดถึงกัน ไม่รู้หาย
หากพี่เป็นเมฆาบนเวหา
น้องเป็นดั่งนภาเดือนฉาย
รักกัน ทะนุถนอมกัน ไม่รู้หนาย
หักพี่เป็นต้นไม้กลางขุนเขา
น้องเป็นดั่งเถาวัยล์บนไม้นั่น
อยู่ด้วยกัน พึ่งพิงกัน ไม่รู้คลาย
หากพี่เป็น ปักษาบนนภา
น้องเป็นดั่งมัจฉากลางชนสาย
จำลืมกัน คิดถึงกัน ไม่รู้วาย

Koala should have included this version ...i dont know why she skip in early chapter but translate later (ch 43)

lol  I need to sleep...so I will write on a bit on XL and Shi Qi piggy back Xiao Liu tmr

but before I sleep ...i would like to share the differences between the sad song she lure to get Jiu Jiu fei fei out and the one she sang for Jing in chapter 20 and drama ep28..

To lure jiu jiu...out

To see and to miss
To see and to miss
To love and to cherish
To love and to cherish
Together and connected
Together and connected
If beloved is the bird on the sky
I would be the fish in the lake
Not forgeting, Missing Forever"

And for jing ...in chapter 20..i may put the whole scene ...

Jing sat with his head lowered looking a bit cloddish. Xiao Yao drank another cup of wine and smiled before standing up and twirling in a circle “I’ll sing a mountain ballad for you guys!”

Before they could answer Xiao Yao start singing.

To see and to miss
To see and to miss
To love and to cherish
To love and to cherish
Together and connected
Together and connected
Why does the world has sadness
Why do lives have gathering and parting
Only wish with beloved
Together and forever, never apart"

Xiao Yao sang a song about a woman who was missing her beloved and longing for him and wanting only to be together for all of eternity.

The final verse she sang three times: together forever, never apart.

It was a clear night with few clouds, the moon bright and the stars dim. Within the evergreen forest, the flowers and trees were glittering and the fragrance wafted over them. Xiao Yao sang and danced as lithe as the willow and as light as the spring water. She moved along with the moon and when she sang the final verse three times, she put all her heart into it and her voice was as lingering as silk in the air.

For a moment all three listening were in a daze.

Xiao Yao sat back down and felt her face was burning hot and her heart was beating fast. Xiao Yao put her head in her hand and laughed “My head is so dizzy, this whole table is wobbly.”

Xing Yue sighed “It really is like what Gege said, drinking is really more fun after getting drunk.” She raised a cup “Xiao Yao, a toast to you.”

Xiao Yao drunkenly picked up her cup and gulped down her wine.

Xiao Yao had a high tolerance and even when she was drunk physically her mind remained clear. But today even her mind was addled. Xing Yue started step dancing and called Xiao Yao to join her.

Xiao Yao stood up to go when her knees buckled and she pitched backward into Jing’s arms. Xiao Yao smiled at Jing and there was laughter in his eyes. Xiao Yao wanted to reach out to touch his brows but her eyes closed and she fell asleep.

...so all in all...she changed the lyrics to get her happy end for eternity with her man..of course is no other than Jing. 

oki time to fall asleep .....

see ya tmr

Winny Aye:
Xiao Liu was so happy “You start the fire, I’ll cook something delicious for you.”

Oh he cooked for YeshiQi <3 Sweet!!

This part is soo funny:

When the time was up, Xiao Liu dug out the hard dirt lump and cracked it open. A fragrant smell came wafting out. Xiao Liu split the chicken in thirds, one part went into the food bag, he gave Shi Qi the bigger remaining portion “You must finish, you are too skinny.” Xiao Liu ate his portion and watched Shi Qi. He was still the same, every gesture was elegant and refined, as if he was seated at the most lofty banquet eating the most incredible food. Xiao Liu sighed “Shi Qi, you’ll leave sooner or late.”

:D

Winny Aye:
. Because she's enjoying time with him. One thing is because he looked different and higher than normal individuals living in Quig Shui.

Simply puted: He interest her a lot...

Winny Aye:
“You start the fire, I’ll cook something delicious for you.”

Also it's not like you would usually/casually say: I'll cook you something, but the "delicious " is engaging some more consideration from Xiao Liu...

Winny Aye:
said with a laugh “I lived in the mountains for many years. What is edible and not edible, I’ve eaten it all. Having me around in the mountains, you’re sure to get something tasty.”

Showing resilience - laughing on hard parts of the past - I love that angle on her character.