MengXiang:

I think they did the right thing with Donkey meat man scene, no need to see Jing in a XY compilation....

Heh ... that's true.  But they are cutting out some of XL's lines too.  :(

And of course, any scenes with him alone, are not in there, like when he goes back to Donkey Meat Seller and they have that conversation about Chi Chen and XY.   But that was the case in the season 1 compilation too.  All his fight scenes alone, are not in there.

In case you don't visit the comments ... Peach Blossom Goddess has  YouTube channel!  And she did this great video on how to care for your 9 headed snake demon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WItT4e-WjhA&t=56s

The amount of high quality content coming out of Tan Jian Ci's studio and him right now is AMAZING!  And he's doing tons of stuff for his brands, including 3 more events / announcements this week.

Here's the newest video of his new song, Every Weekend I Want to Leave This Earth ... aka the Heartbeat Song.

https://youtu.be/M4W4UsuqRrc?si=yZUWv8m_v0hf87St

The Hi!6 episode was great fun - very hilarious! He managed to stay clean up to the end too, though he had his fair share of dunkings and being splashed! And love his first ever stage performance of 炙暗时刻 Darkest Hour as well. His performance during the skit was great and showcased just how good an actor he is. Someone made the comment that he is playing modern day Xiang Liu since his character was terminally ill and behaved as a massive jerk to chase away his girlfriend.

No footage of Xiang Liu in red robes for the separate LYF special episode. Instead there are previously unseen fun and games. I thought the one with him partnered with DW to be really funny where they had to answer questions in sync while holding a balloon that was about to burst. Both of them managed to win that round too, despite DW being terrified of balloons and claiming he couldn't sing. 

Certainly a great break away from all the grief that Xiang Liu gave us.

Meanwhile, the wait for the Xiang Liu footage continues.

The amount of cuteness from the dance performance video...♥‿♥

My only regret is that he didn't do the Old Dog's sexy version (>ω<) 

plor20:

The amount of cuteness from the dance performance video...♥‿♥

My only regret is that he didn't do the Old Dog's sexy version (>ω<) 

Has Tan Jian Ci released an O-Dog version of The Darkest Hour dance version?

I saw this short of him and his friend doing a portion of the dance.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him show up on the concert stage with Tan Jian Ci, since Tan Jian Ci showed up on his birthday concert stage.

https://youtube.com/shorts/azChDKR7S-4?si=y7mMfrR3zn-TCHxW

liddi:

The Hi!6 episode was great fun - very hilarious! He managed to stay clean up to the end too, though he had his fair share of dunkings and being splashed! And love his first ever stage performance of 炙暗时刻 Darkest Hour as well. His performance during the skit was great and showcased just how good an actor he is. Someone made the comment that he is playing modern day Xiang Liu since his character was terminally ill and behaved as a massive jerk to chase away his girlfriend.

No footage of Xiang Liu in red robes for the separate LYF special episode. Instead there are previously unseen fun and games. I thought the one with him partnered with DW to be really funny where they had to answer questions in sync while holding a balloon that was about to burst. Both of them managed to win that round too, despite DW being terrified of balloons and claiming he couldn't sing. 

Certainly a great break away from all the grief that Xiang Liu gave us.

Meanwhile, the wait for the Xiang Liu footage continues.

The gifs from the show are hilarious!

Yes, this episode was mostly about water splashing... they must have given them time to blow dry themselves.  I really loved the acting segment.  He and Wang Yuwen did a great job.

He really helped Deng Wei out in the singing portion of that unaired clips.  Though, did he actually say autumn, for his favorite weather?  lol

Yeah, I was surprised we didn't get the red wedding gown footage.  Not sure when they will air it, if not now.

Here's a link to the Youtube version of the show.  It's not got subtitles yet, though.

https://youtu.be/qd8Hx6TEvz8?si=zolUAYC0zfYZJpX6

There was another post on this thread …but I couldn’t quote it ..

I am confused..why was FFYY so disfigured at that last scene?  I thought she  willingly went to some place to reflect her wrong doing ..never to come out again ..and Jing’s brother was  banished also …what happened to FFYY that she turned to an old hag?  

so when the arrow went into both of them ..Jing’s brother then found strength to send an arrow right into jing..jing fell into river that goes to ocean…it’s there that XL saved him?  What was that underwater cave with him trying to climb out?  That was before he float insea for years? 

Dramadoggy2021:

There was another post on this thread …but I couldn’t quote it ..

I am confused..why was FFYY so disfigured at that last scene?  I thought she  willingly went to some place to reflect her wrong doing ..never to come out again ..and Jing’s brother was  banished also …what happened to FFYY that she turned to an old hag?  

so when the arrow went into both of them ..Jing’s brother then found strength to send an arrow right into jing..jing fell into river that goes to ocean…it’s there that XL saved him?  What was that underwater cave with him trying to climb out?  That was before he float insea for years? 

FFYY was punished and banished. Her punishment was to have her spirituality and soul blood sucked by the Nine tail fox ancestor diety. Hou is just stronger than both Jing and FFYY, he used his last energy to make sure he can kill Jing. He didn't care if he died or lived.  FFYY punishment was far harsher than Hou, who BTW only got banished. FFYY was collateral damage and the fact that Jing agreed to the unjust punishment, goes to show that kind of arse he is. 

In the drama, they made XL go about looking for Jing. But in the novel, XL ordered the merpeople to look for him. The underwater cave is an added scene to show some dimensionality to Jing character that he is not "weak".  In the novel, it took several years for Jing to heal with the help of a mer couple....the drama's terrible portrayal of the passage of time made it look and feel like a couple of days.

Hope this helps.

@plor20 ..thank you for explanation 

Tan Jian Ci has been too busy for me to keep up with.  He's been almost non-stop been posting new commercials and tidbits about his concert.  Not sure if I will catch up, but I wanted to share this video, which I believe is a concept pre-viz video of his concert in Shanghai, which will be using some new technology and stage design and lighting.  It is mind blowing.

https://youtu.be/gB_UMrPE_Sg?si=zxixM9FkxrrhHuCY

Here's a link describing what is in the video.

https://x.com/aleen__leen/status/1822895198101442849

Apparently Go East is supposed to commence on the 20th of August. Probably not reliable, but seems like it's only a matter of times for that drama to air.

HeadInTheClouds:

Apparently Go East is supposed to commence on the 20th of August. Probably not reliable, but seems like it's only a matter of times for that drama to air.

Yes, I've seen this melon.  I hope so, but given how many melons have disappointed me for this drop date, I'm not going to get too excited.  For one thing, I want to see more promotion from iQiYi.

Kokuto:

Yes, I've seen this melon.  I hope so, but given how many melons have disappointed me for this drop date, I'm not going to get too excited.  For one thing, I want to see more promotion from iQiYi.

HeadInTheClouds:

I want to see more promos too!!!! It's ready the 12th, decent marketing strategy should've started at least on the the 10th already.  (ಥ﹏ಥ) And that's not including print or press tours.

Are they really gonna just let it ride on Tan shoulders?

plor20:

I want to see more promos too!!!! It's ready the 12th, decent marketing strategy should've started at least on the the 10th already.  (ಥ﹏ಥ) And that's not including print or press tours.

Are they really gonna just let it ride on Tan shoulders?

It kind of feels like that, doesn't it?

I mean, the fan club put up a building billboard near the Hello Saturday studio, with images of Yuan Mo, when they were filming there.  At least I think that was the fanclub, since it was only him.

Yes, the lack of promos make me wonder about the drop date.