The other question is when Love Has Fireworks will be released. That one trailer was all the way back at the end of last year, and there are still no sign of it being released any time soon. That's pooped . 

HeadInTheClouds:

The other question is when Love Has Fireworks will be released. That one trailer was all the way back at the end of last year, and there are still no sign of it being released any time soon. That's pooped . 

Yes, it's been a subject of concern, especially since we didn't get a Qixi poster.  Tencent is pushing Filter, now, and seem to have forgotten it exists.  It is still on the TenCent website, but it isn't on the 'coming soon' section of Viki.  I don't know what the issue may be.  It's got it's broadcast license in January!  :(

Kokuto:

Tan Jian Ci has been too busy for me to keep up with.  He's been almost non-stop been posting new commercials and tidbits about his concert.  Not sure if I will catch up, but I wanted to share this video, which I believe is a concept pre-viz video of his concert in Shanghai, which will be using some new technology and stage design and lighting.  It is mind blowing.

https://youtu.be/gB_UMrPE_Sg?si=zxixM9FkxrrhHuCY

Here's a link describing what is in the video.

https://x.com/aleen__leen/status/1822895198101442849

That X link doesn't work.

Seems like he's investing quite a bit into these concerts. Didn't the tickets sold out in a matter of minutes? 

HeadInTheClouds:

Seems like he's investing quite a bit into these concerts. Didn't the tickets sold out in a matter of minutes? 

He opened up a second round of sales for the Shanghai concert.

At this rate - his concerts are held a month apart in 5 major cities. With all the extensive setups and arrangements,  I don't even know how he finds the time to actively promote any dramas in between. I hope he finds time to rest - it must certainly be very taxing physically and emotionally.

Kokuto:

Yes, it's been a subject of concern, especially since we didn't get a Qixi poster.  Tencent is pushing Filter, now, and seem to have forgotten it exists.  It is still on the TenCent website, but it isn't on the 'coming soon' section of Viki.  I don't know what the issue may be.  It's got it's broadcast license in January!  :(

Hmm. I wonder what's going on with it. They would be eager to put it out there to take advantage of TJC'S popularity with LYF. 

Besides the hopeless case of Winner Is King, Under the Skin 2 is the one that I most look forward to as I gravitates more towards detective/crime dramas. And my enjoyment of idol romance dramas are getting worse by the day. Hopefully Go East and Fireworks has some good comedy elements. 

liddi:

At this rate - his concerts are held a month apart in 5 major cities. With all the extensive setups and arrangements,  I don't even know how he finds the time to actively promote any dramas in between. I hope he finds time to rest - it must certainly be very taxing physically and emotionally.

I feel exhausted just reading about it. So these concerts will take 5+ months to compete. That's a good chunk of time investment. So my hope that he'll announce a new acting project any time soon will not come to fruition? Guess I'll just have to watch the XL's cuts or Under the Skin again. Although, my brother expressed an interest in watching Love My Voice. I may have to take him to get checked out :-). 

HeadInTheClouds:
Besides the hopeless case of Winner Is King, Under the Skin 2 is the one that I most look forward to as I gravitates more towards detective/crime dramas

YES! Under the Skin S2 is the drama I am looking forward to the most. Sad to say, I don't usually gravitate towards comedies so I am a little unsure whether Go East, Filter and Lover has Fireworks will work for me. Hopefully they do. Filter trailer looks very slapstick which I am not a fan of. If all else fails, poring the screen for Xiang Liu easter eggs might just give me ample incentive to soldier on.

HeadInTheClouds:
Although, my brother expressed an interest in watching Love My Voice. I may have to take him to get checked out :-). 

LOL. What is drawing him to LMLMV? Zhou Ye? I never survived past Ep1, and only watched bits and pieces here and there as and when recommended. 1/30 is not a good track record.

HeadInTheClouds:

Why do my links not work?  So frustrating.  Try this.

https://x.com/aleen__leen/status/1822895198101442849

And yes.  Both rounds of tickets were sold out in a minute or two.  Not surprising, since the venue is like 18K the most, and there were reservations for 600K.

liddi:

Beijing will be 2 weeks after Shanghai.  The other 3 are a month apart, I think.  I know the last is going to take place in December, IIRC.  I also heard that the venues on the last three cities had been changed from 18K seats to 50K seats.  Not sure if that's true, but I hope so, for all the fans that want to see him.

He said he was going to promote Go West, though I'm not sure what that entails.  I think this first concert will be the hardest, and he's certainly working overtime to get ready.  But he's got a full crew to handle things, I think.  And alot of the stuff we are seeing now as far as his endorsements, he prepared while he was filming, I think.

I wouldn't be surprised if he actually started a drama or movie in September.  The dude is a workaholic.

HeadInTheClouds:

I feel exhausted just reading about it. So these concerts will take 5+ months to compete. That's a good chunk of time investment. So my hope that he'll announce a new acting project any time soon will not come to fruition? Guess I'll just have to watch the XL's cuts or Under the Skin again. Although, my brother expressed an interest in watching Love My Voice. I may have to take him to get checked out :-). 

Tan Jian Ci has been feeding the fans so well since he wrapped Under the Skin.  It's been LYF extras, livestreams and new endorsement materials and concert extras almost daily.  Oh, and the Hello Saturday shows and filming.

I'm guessing he wants the focus to be on his next aired drama, which appears to be Go East, and the concert, so he hasn't announced his next drama or movie project.  Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if he started filming something in September.  Could he really take all those months off until the end of the year?  I don't think so.

What the heck?  Why is your brother interested in LMLMV??  Is he interested in voice acting?

liddi:
LOL. What is drawing him to LMLMV? Zhou Ye? I never survived past Ep1, and only watched bits and pieces here and there as and when recommended. 1/30 is not a good track record.

Ah, I'd forgotten about Zhou Ye.

It's so strange how many of us really don't care for LMLMV.  I think I'm the only one of us MDL XL veterans who enjoys the show.  lol

HeadInTheClouds:
Hmm. I wonder what's going on with it. They would be eager to put it out there to take advantage of TJC'S popularity with LYF.

Besides the hopeless case of Winner Is King, Under the Skin 2 is the one that I most look forward to as I gravitates more towards detective/crime dramas. And my enjoyment of idol romance dramas are getting worse by the day. Hopefully Go East and Fireworks has some good comedy elements.

I wish I knew.  I don't think anyone on the drama is in any scandal.  The only difference is that it was picked up by a satellite TV station back in May, I think.  So maybe they have to co-ordinate schedules with them, but how difficult is that?  It happens for other shows all the time, including LYF. 

You would think Tencent would want to do that, but I think ZWY is their favored prince.  Last year he got the same prime spot, with a drama that aired right after LYF.  Tan Jian Ci, on the other hand, Tencent drama LVLMV aired at the in December.  But they gave it plenty of promotion.

Anyway, once they went with Are You the One, with ZWY and Wang Chu Ran, I knew they wouldn't also air Love Has Fireworks at the same time, since it also has Wang Chu Ran.  Maybe after Are You The One finishes.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

I think Go East and Fireworks will be fun.  I'm looking forward to Go East as I love costume dramas, and this one looks more like a Silk Road adventure.   Of course, I'm also looking forward to Under the Skin, but I think that's for next year.

liddi:
YES! Under the Skin S2 is the drama I am looking forward to the most. Sad to say, I don't usually gravitate towards comedies so I am a little unsure whether Go East, Filter and Lover has Fireworks will work for me. Hopefully they do. Filter trailer looks very slapstick which I am not a fan of. If all else fails, poring the screen for Xiang Liu easter eggs might just give me ample incentive to soldier on.

Filter is the unknown one.  It seems to defy genres, though I agree, the trailer did have quite a bit of slapstick.  Actually, now that I think about it, there were a couple of bits in Go East too.  hmmmmm

liddi:

As Under the Skin is a modern series with a "relistic" setting, it requires a grounded approached to acting - more nuanced and subtled which can be difficult to do well so I enjoyed watching how he does it. Comedies are hit or miss for me because well-done comedy is quite difficult to do and not every style of comedy is my cup-of-tea either. But I would like to see how he fares in that genre. I think he mentioned in an interview that he enjoyed acting in comedies which certainly reflected in his choices of Go East and Filter. If we get XL's Easter Eggs in Filter, I might consider sitting through it with someone else holding my hand. Maybe my brother will volunteer :-). If Love My Voice doesn't have him run screaming :-).

liddi:

Kokuto:
What the heck? Why is your brother interested in LMLMV?? Is he interested in voice acting?

It was 36 episodes, liddi. 36 episodes on that paper thin plot with some of the most 1-D characters and relationship ever. It would have worked much better as a K-Drama like 16 episodes drama, but that's the issues with many modern romantic C-Dramas - no plot that get dragged out for way to many episodes.

Heh! My brother did mentioned that Zhou He looks cute. But I think he found it funny with its nothingness. He turned on my Viki app, watched 1 episode, commented about the "weird behaviour" then asked me how come nothing happened for the entire episode. LOL. I just told him that it's a great sleep inducer if he has insomnia. 

Kokuto:
It's so strange how many of us really don't care for LMLMV. I think I'm the only one of us MDL XL veterans who enjoys the show. lol

Sometimes you can like the most unlikely thing because you watched it at the right time. There have been things that I found lovely and charming when they usually don't appeal to me just because I watched it at the right moment and the the lovely memory/impression stayed with me. Love My Voice would have been a lot more bearable if it was shorter. But it dragged so badly that it lost it charm.

Kokuto:
Beijing will be 2 weeks after Shanghai.  The other 3 are a month apart, I think.  I know the last is going to take place in December, IIRC.  I also heard that the venues on the last three cities had been changed from 18K seats to 50K seats.  Not sure if that's true, but I hope so, for all the fans that want to see him.

Does the increase in seats mean the venues were changed to a larger one? Either way, I am very thrilled that his Shanghai concert is so well received, and hope that this trend continues with the rest of the cities. I know that the pre-sale reservations were sky high.

Kokuto:
I'm guessing he wants the focus to be on his next aired drama, which appears to be Go East, and the concert, so he hasn't announced his next drama or movie project.  Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised if he started filming something in September.  Could he really take all those months off until the end of the year?  I don't think so.

Kokuto:
Tan Jian Ci has been feeding the fans so well since he wrapped Under the Skin.  It's been LYF extras, livestreams and new endorsement materials and concert extras almost daily.  Oh, and the Hello Saturday shows and filming.

I actually hope that he gives himself a well-deserved break - he had been filming back to back over the past 1.5 years or so. If I remember correctly, he was not well also leading up to the release of his 2nd album, and there were other songs which he could not include in the album because of it.

As fans we are blessed. I just hope he takes care of himself too.

HeadInTheClouds:
It was 36 episodes, liddi. 36 episodes on that paper thin plot with some of the most 1-D characters and relationship ever. It would have worked much better as a K-Drama like 16 episodes drama, but that's the issues with many modern romantic C-Dramas - no plot that get dragged out for way to many episodes.

I just checked - it's actually 33 episodes, so the track record is still not great for me. Actually on paper, the premise sounded interesting because it allowed TJC to showcase his different talents - voice acting, singing, even cooking. However, I just could not stand the romance and the incongruity of a perpetual starry-eyed, hero-worshipping female lead; and a male lead who is too good in everything - sweet, perfect boyfriend, VA, singer and chef extraordinaire, and a brilliant doctor to boot. I was in danger of having my eyes perpetually stuck at the back of my head after rolling them so hard. 

I think Kdramas (at least the very few recent ones I know of) seem to be settling into a 12-episode format, almost similar to Jdramas. For certain genres, I think cdramas need to follow suit.

Kokuto:
It's so strange how many of us really don't care for LMLMV.  I think I'm the only one of us MDL XL veterans who enjoys the show.  lol

As long as it makes you happy, by all means enjoy it! I usually have very little patience for saccharine-sweet romances so perhaps I am not the right target audience.  It has an 8.5 rating on MDL, which is even higher than LYF S2, so there is definitely a fanbase.

Come to think of it, I wonder how TJC chooses which scripts to accept. I understand Go East and Love Has Fireworks, since he has said he wanted to do comedies. Tong Hua wanted him in Filter after LYF, if I am not mistaken, so did he accept because of Tong Hua or because he wanted to do yet another comedic drama, after all the angst in LYF? But LMLMV? Was it to test the waters in a fluffy romance which had the advantages of being able to showcase his voice acting and singing abilities? 

HeadInTheClouds:
I just told him that it's a great sleep inducer if he has insomnia. 

LOL.

liddi:
Does the increase in seats mean the venues were changed to a larger one? Either way, I am very thrilled that his Shanghai concert is so well received, and hope that this trend continues with the rest of the cities. I know that the pre-sale reservations were sky high.

I saw a post from 8.8 that said the reservations were at 850+ K.  Amazing.

I think so.  I only saw two places that talked about the venue size.  One said the five places were about 18K each.  Like Shenzhen was supposed to be held at the Sports Center, which holds 20K.

Then I saw this twitter post, which had the last three with different sized venues, but no venues named.

https://x.com/JCT_1005/status/1820302423904157947

So, they would have had to change the venues ... unless this tweet is just wishful thinking?

liddi:
I actually hope that he gives himself a well-deserved break - he had been filming back to back over the past 1.5 years or so. If I remember correctly, he was not well also leading up to the release of his 2nd album, and there were other songs which he could not include in the album because of it.

As fans we are blessed. I just hope he takes care of himself too.

I know at the end of the year, he was hoping for a vacation... but kept on working without stopping through Under the Skin.  His fans are appreciative, but everyone seems to worry over him being too thin and not taking a break.  I'm just afraid he thinks THIS is a break.  lol

Yes, I remember him being ill and not being able to sing.

liddi:
Come to think of it, I wonder how TJC chooses which scripts to accept. I understand Go East and Love Has Fireworks, since he has said wanted to do comedies. Tong Hua wanted him in Filter after LYF, if I am not mistaken, so did he accept because of Tong Hua or because he wanted to do yet another comedic drama, after all the angst in LYF? But LMLMV? Was it to test the waters in a fluffy romance which had the advantages of being able to showcase his voice acting and singing abilities?

IIRC, he took LMLMV and Fireworks in part because he wanted to play a romantic lead, since so many people didn't think he could.  LMLMV was first, and ideal for him because of the voice acting and the singing.  Fireworks is a romantic lead too, but a different sort.

Go East was comedic, but it is also a bit of a coming of age story, I think?  It's also is the one Yang Zi's father invested in, so that may not have something to do with it.  It will also be his first ML costume drama -- again, something people keep saying he couldn't do.

I think Filter was a result of Tong Hua's request or collaboration or something, cause I believe the role was written for him?