Kokuto:

IKR?  Somehow, having his tails CGI on would make that embarrassing beat down better???  I mean, did they WANT to see his tails getting ripped off???  Weirdness.

It didn't look like he was buying time.. it just looked like he has zero skills and just took it.. they should at least put must and make him look like he was hiding.

MengXiang:

The link doesn't work....

Also thanks so much for sharing. His studio is amazing and their work is Soo polished. You can see the love they have for the character.

I swear I checked those twitter links when I posted them.  arrrrgh!

Try this.

https://x.com/aleen__leen/status/1817242055430771036

And YES.  His studio is amazing.  I feel so fortunate that they love XL as much as we do.

MengXiang:

It didn't look like he was buying time.. it just looked like he has zero skills and just took it.. they should at least put must and make him look like he was hiding.

That was about it.  Like I said, I don't know what the Jing fans were expecting, but it wasn't going to be pretty, at all, no matter how much CGI they threw at it.

Kokuto:

I swear I checked those twitter links when I posted them.  arrrrgh!

Try this.

https://x.com/aleen__leen/status/1817242055430771036

And YES.  His studio is amazing.  I feel so fortunate that they love XL as much as we do.

Thanks!

I love the episode where XY goes crazy and CX willing let her poison him. I thought those scenes were very beautiful.....

But then he wakes and it's a dream. I knew that would happen from leaked script but it was still very crappy to watch. 

I don't quite understand or buy why does TH or FFYY want to kill XY? How was that plan sound or meant to work?

MengXiang:

I love the episode where XY goes crazy and CX willing let her poison him. I thought those scenes were very beautiful.....

But then he wakes and it's a dream. I knew that would happen from leaked script but it was still very crappy to watch. 

I don't quite understand or buy why does TH or FFYY want to kill XY? How was that plan sound or meant to work?

As soon as I heard about the surprise dream sequence I knew it was completely wrong.  You just can't pull the rug out from your audience like that.

Well, it makes Jing suffer, if not just suicide.  IDK... it wasn't a good idea, so of course, the 'reason' behind it wasn't well thought out.

Kokuto:

That was about it.  Like I said, I don't know what the Jing fans were expecting, but it wasn't going to be pretty, at all, no matter how much CGI they threw at it.

From my background knowledge in animation, it would be hard to animate this without pouring a couple more millions into it. LYF looks like it didn't have the CGI budget of TTEOTM.  From designing, storyboarding, prepoduction, post production just to show Jing being flopped around was not worth the millions of dollars...lol...if I was in the producer seat, I would say no to this too. And it's not because they favour XL, it's becuase it just wasn't worth the money.

plor20:
From my background knowledge in animation, it would be hard to animate this without pouring a couple more millions into it. LYF looks like it didn't have the CGI budget of TTEOTM. From designing, storyboarding, prepoduction, post production just to show Jing being flopped around was not worth the millions of dollars...lol...if I was in the producer seat, I would say no to this too. And it's not because they favour XL, it's becuase it just wasn't worth the money.

That much?  Ouch.

I don't think I've seen anything that had the CGI budget of TTEOTM... wait, maybe Fox Spirit Matchmaker.

Kokuto:

That much?  Ouch.

I don't think I've seen anything that had the CGI budget of TTEOTM... wait, maybe Fox Spirit Matchmaker.

Ah yes....in the story, TH does not describe a battle between thier human forms. She actually decribe a battle between thier true forms, so this battle would have included some intensive character concept designs and storyboarding, and a immense research on how a tiger and a fox would fight. Imagine trying to bring to life Naruto fox and a Giant Tiger fighting, and doing it poorly....hahaha.

MengXiang:

The novel plotline makes way more sense than the drama plotline. But there is some logic to the drama plotline.

TSH had a long-standing grudge against TSJ. TSJ also exposed TSH and FFYY's affair, which caused both TSH and FFYY to lose their positions and to undergo punishment. TSH was only exiled to Haoling and prevented from having any power. FFYY endured great pain, was disfigured, and turned into a barely-alive person. In theory, both TSH and FFYY should want revenge against TSJ for that. XY seduced TSH in order to trick TSH and FFYY / to drive a wedge betweeen them that led to the two of them exposing their affair, making it possible for TSJ to collect the evidence he needed to convince the clan elders. In theory, both TSH and FFYY would want revenge against XY for that. And while TSJ (FFYY's husband) was not interested in FFYY and tried to end their engagement until the pregnancy forced him to proceed with the wedding, he was in love with XY and, in front of TSH and FFYY, did whatever XY asked without worrying about his dignity. Even though she didn't love TSJ, that likely hurt FFYY's pride and also would have made her want to take revenge against XY. 

But, IMO, the drama probably isn't trying to convince us that TSH and FFYY would have decided to try to kill XY on their own. For the drama, I assumed that Xing Yue knew how badly TSH wanted to kill TSJ and used that for her own purpose. She probably agreed to give TSH the men he needed to kill TSJ if, and only if, TSH agreed to make sure that XY died. TSH was willing to agree to that condition (which seems pretty dumb if he planned to live on after killing TSJ and XY, as he should have anticipated that CX would destroy anyone, other than Xing Yue, involved in killing XY) because that was the only way he could take TSJ out and he also hated XY anyway. Xing Yue and TSH both thought that FFYY would be on board with that plan too. But in the end FFYY cared more about getting revenge against TSH, so Xing Yue and TSH's plan failed. 

Edit: I should probably say that Xing Yue's plan failed because of FFYY. TSH's plan failed because of FFYY (who ended up killing TSH and prevented him from killing TSJ in a different, more absolute way), XY (who gave TSJ a life-saving pill that she made from her own blood), XL (who prevented sea monsters from eating TSJ's body), CX (who gave the order for people to continue searching for TSJ), and Lirong Chang (who ended up finding TSJ's body). 

AH :
Xing Yue and TSH both thought that FFYY would be on board with that plan too. But in the end FFYY cared more about getting revenge against TSH, so Xing Yue and TSH's plan failed.

Thank you for that break down, AH.

Maybe she actually said it, but I don't remember, but the flaw in the plan was FFYY didn't seem to have much animus for XY, for some reason.  And she needed Jing or XY to take care of the kid.  And her revenge on Hou outweighed everything else.

I don't think the drama made anything clear, except she wanted to take Hou out.

plor20:

Ah yes....in the story, TH does not describe a battle between thier human forms. She actually decribe a battle between thier true forms, so this battle would have included some intensive character concept designs and storyboarding, and a immense research on how a tiger and a fox would fight. Imagine trying to bring to life Naruto fox and a Giant Tiger fighting, and doing it poorly....hahaha.

Yes.  That would have been a bigger disaster, for basically a shameful and painful massacre.

Kokuto:

Yes.  That would have been a bigger disaster, for basically a shameful and painful massacre.

But I understand another reason why they choose to do it the way that they did...right before they fought, TSH said that thier mother had always helped Jing cheat...and this made me realized that the whole fight was also symbolical -- that TSJ has never earned any of his success, but that other people earned it for him.

plor20:
But I understand another reason why they choose to do it the way that they did...right before they fought, TSH said that thier mother had always helped Jing cheat...and this made me realized that the whole fight was also symbolical -- that TSJ has never earned any of his success, but that other people earned it for him.

Hmmm.  I didn't catch that.  I wonder what he meant by mom helping him cheat?

Allegedly, in the book, Jing is supposed to be good at some things, but not so much martial arts.  But in the drama, I maintain, that Jing is passive, and that he doesn't actually do much.  He doesn't even give up stuff for XY, as most of it is taken from him.

Kokuto:
Thank you for that break down, AH.

You're welcome!