Grumpy Witch:

I agree. It wasn't the passionate kind of love, but he was interested in her as a woman and companion on top  of the convenience perks the union would bring.

He definitely would have been the safest choice since  she didn't feel passionate about him. And he was the one with the least amount of baggage,  until he met her...lol

I am sure they would have too.

Yes to all of this too, and that remark about the baggage Feng Long would have after XY.....I feel sorry for him, I know Bei has to do what he does which moves the plot forward and leaves her free for Jing, but Feng Long doesn't deserve what she does......that poster above of him in battle might accurately show how he feels after the wedding, too. 

Kokuto:

You have to break it up into smaller pieces for long quotes.  You highlight the section you are replying to and a pop-up button should appear on the top left of the highlighted section, that says 'quote.'  Click on that button and it will copy / quote the highlighted section to the reply box. After you type your response, you can do it again and it will copy / quote the next section to the same reply box.

Thank you!  Still learning how to post on here,  Lost You Forever s the first drama to get me to come out and start talking here :-) 

Blackrabbit63:

Thank you!  Still learning how to post on here,  Lost You Forever s the first drama to get me to come out and start talking here :-) 

Same for me, last year!  Both on learning how to post and getting me talking on MDL. :)

Blackrabbit63:
Feng Long is like a breath of fresh air, natural and open and spontaneous and enthusiastic - yes, just like a big puppy (someone in this thread mentioned this earlier).

Agreed.  And he definitely appreciated her WXL side shall we say?  :)  I don't think he felt as comfortable around the more mannered or silly women.

Blackrabbit63:
Please let Viki have S2 up asap!

I love this meme! I haven't seen it before! LOL that I came up with almost the same words the creator did with this :-) And Fang Feng Bei at the end, so vengeful.....I love my LYF leading men, they are such fun characters to watch and dissect. Off to look at the topic link too now, thanks!

Hopefully Viki will have it up tomorrow.  Oh wait.  If you can do YouTube, the first episode is up there on WeTV.

https://youtu.be/O4uDYhGjbZE?si=kIq_fh3C-kyNc9gy

I love that scene!

Well, if you find any funny stuff or memes, feel free to post them in that topic.  I meant to put the ones from last year there, but I got distracted.

Kokuto:

Agreed.  And he definitely appreciated her WXL side shall we say?  :)  I don't think he felt as comfortable around the more mannered or silly women.

Hopefully Viki will have it up tomorrow.  Oh wait.  If you can do YouTube, the first episode is up there on WeTV.

https://youtu.be/O4uDYhGjbZE?si=kIq_fh3C-kyNc9gy

I love that scene!

Well, if you find any funny stuff or memes, feel free to post them in that topic.  I meant to put the ones from last year there, but I got distracted.

Viki has the first three episodes up this morning! I was so happy when I woke up and checked.....they were so good too, while I was watching them I was thinking, "I missed this show so much", and then got lost in the story again.  Sad that no Feng Long in these 3, except one scene in the third episode.....I missed him....all the other MLs got some time and scenes - some very good ones too. 

Are we ready to get our hearts broken? 

If I find any funny memes, will definitely post them here. I'm so glad there is a tiny group of Feng Long supporters too! 

Although I didn't see him with the XY I thought FL seemed to be the best choice. I really loved his character. Let me clarify, he is not the best choice for XY due to his career as he did ultimately pass away which is something XY did not want due to her past trauma. However, in terms of personality traits: loyal, respectable, honest, kind he seems to have it all. The other leads have more of a flawed character trait compared to him but they all experienced some type of trauma which he did not. 

Kelly Candace:

Although I didn't see him with the XY I thought FL seemed to be the best choice. I really loved his character. Let me clarify, he is not the best choice for XY due to his career as he did ultimately pass away which is something XY did not want due to her past trauma. However, in terms of personality traits: loyal, respectable, honest, kind he seems to have it all. The other leads have more of a flawed character trait compared to him but they all experienced some type of trauma which he did not. 

Given XY's requirements, I thought Feng Long was a great choice.  They both knew what they were getting into and it wasn't a love match, but they had affection for each other.  Who knows?  Like many arranged marriages, it could easily have grown into a love match.

I'm not so sure that Feng Long would have been in that position, where he died, if they had married.  No one wanted him to command that army, either his father or CX.  He wanted it to win merits to save his sister XinYue, after her assassination attempt on XY and Jing.  Had Feng Long married XY as planned, I don't think XinYue wouldn't have felt as threatened by XY.

Kokuto:
I'm not so sure that Feng Long would have been in that position, where he died, if they had married.  No one wanted him to command that army, either his father or CX.  He wanted it to win merits to save his sister XinYue, after her assassination attempt on XY and Jing.  Had Feng Long married XY as planned, I don't think XinYue wouldn't have felt as threatened by XY.

I agree, Kokuto. If he had married XY, then XinYue wouldn't have had as much reason to kill XY. Of course, it depends on how often XY went up to visit her grandfather and CX happened to come by, lol. 

Kelly Candace:

I liked Fenglong too, as a character. I cried when he died. And then again when we see Jing is alive, and Fenglong's death wasn't necessary after all ???

Blackrabbit63:

I agree, Kokuto. If he had married XY, then XinYue wouldn't have had as much reason to kill XY. Of course, it depends on how often XY went up to visit her grandfather and CX happened to come by, lol. 

This is true.  lol   

However, Feng Long would have been uniquely placed to deal with this situation and play intermediary.  He could warn CX what his behavior was doing to XinYue.  He could try to sooth XinYue and know when he needed to talk to XY and CX.  He could talk to his wife XY, and even talk about moving away from CX.

TBH, CX could have solved the problem with Xin Yue himself, but never thought it was worth his time.  smh

Kokuto:

This is true.  lol   

However, Feng Long would have been uniquely placed to deal with this situation and play intermediary.  He could warn CX what his behavior was doing to XinYue.  He could try to sooth XinYue and know when he needed to talk to XY and CX.  He could talk to his wife XY, and even talk about moving away from CX.

TBH, CX could have solved the problem with Xin Yue himself, but never thought it was worth his time.  smh

Yes, Feng Long would have been placed as an intermediary. He really would have been genuinely concerned with everyone's well-being. I wonder if he would have ever clued in to CX's obsession with XY? 

LOL to CX not thinking it was worth his time to talk to Xin Yue himself, you are right! He really did ignore her as much as possible. He never really forgave her for backing off that first time, when he needed the support the most. Even though he promised he would keep her safe after, for Feng Long, he didn't say he would be closer to her.  

Blackrabbit63:
I wonder if he would have ever clued in to CX's obsession with XY?

I'm pretty sure Xin Yue clued him in.  

Blackrabbit63:
LOL to CX not thinking it was worth his time to talk to Xin Yue himself, you are right! He really did ignore her as much as possible. He never really forgave her for backing off that first time, when he needed the support the most. Even though he promised he would keep her safe after, for Feng Long, he didn't say he would be closer to her.

I honestly don't know where Xin Yue got the idea that CX would love or trust her after that.  Puzzling.  But I do feel had they sat down and talked, and CX hadn't made the terrible faux pas of calling out the wrong name at an indelicate moment, things would have been a lot calmer.

Yes.  Feng Long couldn't play lawyer while he was dying, poor guy.

Kokuto:

I'm pretty sure Xin Yue clued him in.  

I honestly don't know where Xin Yue got the idea that CX would love or trust her after that.  Puzzling.  But I do feel had they sat down and talked, and CX hadn't made the terrible faux pas of calling out the wrong name at an indelicate moment, things would have been a lot calmer.

Yes.  Feng Long couldn't play lawyer while he was dying, poor guy.

LOL to CX calling out the wrong name at an indelicate moment! I've come across that scene in the novel written out somewhere, so I know what you are talking about. It's terribly hard to live with someone knowing they love deeply someone else. But I would think Xin Yue would have been prepared for that....it's interesting how she could not see his coldness towards her in time, and yet A'Nian was able to, and so could let him go enough to keep her self-worth. I love how the author and scriptwriter let us see all the fine lines between characters, showing us the different outcomes from choices in love. 

Fenglong playing lawyer! lol especially at that moment of dying....all that loyalty to her. I loved that he wouldn't let her down, and her care was uppermost in his mind,  like what CX was doing for XY all along. One of the things I love about LYF is the brother-sister dynamic, and sister dynamic, that is played out in multiple ways in the drama. And brother-brother, with Fenglong hero-worshipping  his "brother-partner-king' CX, and Jing and his awful brother Tushan Hou. Were Feng Fang Bei and FFYY brother and sister too?