With a bit of busy life, I haven't really analysis on Jing for for so long. Not long before drama had ended I would like to write a short review on the character first before I might go a deeper analysis later.

Our first met with Jing.
He was called a begger when we first met. The fascinating in first met of the character in the drama was showing him putting flower above to the sky, it felt him yearning for the life of the world.
In the novel, it talked about his diginity in enduring the pain that even the torturer could have been be more shameful.

As Ye Shiqi
Ye Shiqi was different to the other two male leads, having double identity. Because Ye Shiqi was not under disguised but it is still a Jing with the name "Ye Shiqi" who was not a Tushan. Ye Shiqi never really hide his intelligents or sophisticated manners. He was very true to himself that others can see he's from the higher position and because of it Wen Xiao Liu afraid to rely on him much because she had this abandonment issues as a child.

As A Clan Leader
His working as a clan leader is not explicitly written as his love life. However, we get a lot of informantion on how he led business and manage the clan even before he officially became the leader. Fenglong commented on how he liked making money. Xiang Liu said how his army had to deal business with him before never could he take advantage from Tushan Jing.

Family Oriented
I find family is very important to Tushan Jing. He cared about his grandmother, and also on Tushan Hou, and his maids and so on. He also did care about he and Wen Xiao Liu family in Qing Shui town as well. One of the reason he forgave easily to Tushan Hou was because he was his brother.

Damage & Trauma
I do not really like how the drama did not show this part. At least not much. In the novel, it's so flowing the narrative. He did not like to get touched, spoke less or even more insecure due to his torture. It's because of it that he's sometimes conflicted if he was good enough for Xiao Yao.
He lost ability to enjoy music and lost ability to play trick with it due to all the harsh and humilation. I remember when I first read I could feel Jing's pain of losing ability is like the artists that lose something in them too. But as the story went on I could he's slowly healing from it with the help of his love life.

A Kind Gentleman
He was a well known sophisticated gentleman. That is one of the reason why its taking long for him to break off his own engagement because of his aiming to least damage to those around him. And still helping out Fang Feng Yi Yang after all the awful events that happened to him.
And one of the main reason ever he still had to be Tushan Jing was because the title can match up to Xiao Yao princess title, so that he can officially ask Xiao Yao's hands in marriage when the time come for them. He also still give her freedom to go out after taking her promise to him because he knew he stick to the engagement and no rights for him to interrupt her.

Forgiveness
Some people do not understand why he would forgive Tushan Hou. For me he forgave Hou because of love (at least they had some good times when they were quite younger), empathy because of how his mother badly treated (abuse) Hou before.
Jing knew himself that if he took revenge he will never be able to happy again for the rest of his life. This scar will stay with him forever deeper than any other scar on his body.

His Foxy Side
There is no way to deny he is a sincere gentleman. But there's several times his foxy side may came out like when he grinned at Wen Xiao Liu when she tried flirt tease him that she even remark him as a wolf with sheep mask or the way he cheated time when they were on the boat together while others were out playing in the sea.

Passionate Lover
Under his refine gentle and quiet manner, his emotional passions are very raw. He desire Xiao Yao in everyway as a man wants a woman, a male want a female. I am fascinated by how much he led his romantic emotion lead his life. And yep he treated Xiao Yao in a way of civilized gentleman. But when the time came Xiao Yao could enjoyed raw passionate wolf kiss from him.
If someone asked me why he fell in love with Xiao Yao, I have no clear answer. It is just like  any other time someone would fall in love with one person and not the other. I think maybe its the way she softly touch him with kindness, her blushing over him, etc that might steal his heart.

Up to this day I still call Jing as a passionate decent gentleman.

Winny24:
Up to this day I still call Jing as a passionate decent gentleman.

He is a gentleman who sometimes suppressed his instinctive impulses out of deep love and respect, but he definitely could be a passionate lover if he wanted to. :)

Thanks for sharing.
I always feel that there is a threshold to meet before one can truly understand Tushan Jing. Carefulness and patience are indispensable though, the most important thing is empathy and the ability to build a character image through a small number of words and shots. Because whether in the book or in the drama, his brilliance lies in the hidden lines, in those things that are not on the surface but require you to figure out through the situations and incomplete shots. The process of getting to know him and understanding him is very fascinating, just like playing a puzzle. After completing it, you will feel his incredible charm. 

Fiona_YOLO:

He is a gentleman who sometimes suppressed his instinctive impulses out of deep love and respect, but he definitely could be a passionate lover if he wanted to. :)

Thanks for sharing.
I always feel that there is a threshold to meet before one can truly understand Tushan Jing. Carefulness and patience are indispensable though, the most important thing is empathy and the ability to build a character image through a small number of words and shots. Because whether in the book or in the drama, his brilliance lies in the hidden lines, in those things that are not on the surface but require you to figure out through the situations and incomplete shots. The process of getting to know him and understanding him is very fascinating, just like playing a puzzle. After completing it, you will feel his incredible charm. 

At first read, i could see him as a healing character . But he is more than that. Yes i feel this character has "incredible charm" that some don't get but we treasure