I am reading the novel and just stumbled upon the part describing jing's actions after the SA:

Zhuan Xu said “After you left, he came about ten days later to see you and learned you went back to Gao Xing. His face darkened and I guaranteed you would come back before he relaxed a bit. But recently he’s been odd, Xing Yue says he spends all night pacing in the Evergreen residence and likes to bath and change often.”

I want to cry all over again. 

Dramaqueen:

I am reading the novel and just stumbled upon the part describing jing's actions after the SA:

Zhuan Xu said “After you left, he came about ten days later to see you and learned you went back to Gao Xing. His face darkened and I guaranteed you would come back before he relaxed a bit. But recently he’s been odd, Xing Yue says he spends all night pacing in the Evergreen residence and likes to bath and change often.”

I feel so sad for Jing maybe I love TSJ too much 

And I won't get marry if im not getting someone who treats, looks and loves me like Jing does to Xiaoyao ?❤️

WangDuo girlfriend:

And I won't get marry if im not getting someone who treats, looks and loves me like Jing does to Xiaoyao ?❤️

I had one boy classmate who said he liked me when we were both 12 years old.  Before he went away when we were both 18 years old, he came to see me along with our best friend.  We went separate way after we turned 13 and attended different secondary schools.  

I had never liked him romantically but he is the only person who never did the carrot and stick trick to me.  

My childhood was spent with happiness with him and our best friend.  The best time of my life was spent with him and our best friend.  Whenever I look back on the times I spent with him and our best friend, I smile with gratitude and happiness.

I am now divorced but he and our best friend are the only two people I have in mind day and night.  Ex-husband - nada.  

Lesson learned: true love only exists when both people meet in their childhood, or during the college years or both have nothing to offer but the time to grow their future together.  Other than that, everything seems to be superficial these days ie. what we can offer to the potential partner.  

It is a shitty world we are in these days.

mparthur:

There are several significant events in Season 2:

1. Xiao Yao's wedding cancelled

2. Xin Yue tries to kill Xiao Yao

3. Xiao Yao finds out the truth about her real father, Qi Yo

4. XF and her father, King of Hao Ling meet her mother, along with TSJ

5. Xiao Yao goes to the voodoo bug tribe

6. XY revisits Qing Shui Town

7. The killing of Tushan Jing

8. XY finds out CX is behind the murder

9. XY goes to the Jade Mountain 

10. TSJ and XY marry

11. Xiang Liu dies in the battle

Too many happenings, wonder how they can compact it into only 21 episodes.

Aww thank you for sharing your sweet childhood story with all of us here. Yeah, they said childhood relationship made our memories stuck in our head for various reasons  whether your childhood neighbours , classmates or love interests. We spent lots of times together but if it wasnt meant to be, who are we to deny it. but one thing for sure, the relationship shouldn't be broken for something small  

Maybe your exhubby doesnt deserve your loves PERIODT. Praying for you and all of you guys to meet someone special and who treat you right in every aspects in life like TuShanJing ???

Pammy:

Too many happenings, wonder how they can compact it into only 21 episodes.

Maybe if they dont rush everything into one frame per episode, then Im fine

Please good samaritans, suggest me dramas or movies that able to fill my void whilst waiting for LYF S2

Dramaqueen:

Yes, it was so sad. 

Yara_B:

I think what makes him unique is how well he is written and how he steals the show every time he shows up. The author made sure he was bad enough to where he wasn't liked but also good enough to where he can redeem himself. That's a good balance. For me personally, when a bad guy gets a good ass redemption arc, they are worth the hype and love. 

TTJ was a good example of a character with a good redemption arc; in the novel, the drama made him too good. My all time favorite fictional is Mo Ran who is way worse than XL; he's a scoundrel, a dog, and extremely shameless but his redemption journey was one of the best thing I've ever read; opinions may differ since this is also a huge debate among 2ha fans and nonfans.  

It's quite a common trope so it's not unique where the bad guy is redeemable and gets a redemption arc. But personally, I draw the line when this type of bad guys starts physically abusing someone for the wrong reasons and in unnecessary situations with some even to the point that they do it because they feel 'good' when they hurt someone. 

LYF trope and ending reminds me of another drama that I can't recall the drama title of but the bad boy ML was physically abusive and reminds me a lot of XL, especially with how things ended in that drama where FL ended up with the green flag ML who she fell in love with and the bad boy ML died.

XL's case is sort of the same but he becomes more good than evil and self-sacrificing yet similarly, he kept pushing his own ambition (or in this case loyalty) till the end. Still what he did to Xiao Yao at the beginning was one of the, if not, the main reason why I never thought about jumping to his ship with Xiao Yao. 

But I do agree that he was well-written just like all the other characters in LYF.

I agree. XL is a bit abrasive. It's hard to ignore that he’s physically aggressive with XY. He's quick-tempered and can be unpredictable. He genuinely struggles to control his violent tendencies because it's part of who he is. Despite the existence of some sweet moments, I can’t gloss over or romanticize the episodes of abuse or violence. In reality, relationships like these can involve individuals who profess their love for you but simultaneously cause you pain/harm. As the saying goes: you deserve what you tolerate.

angelkate:

I agree. XL is a bit abrasive. It's hard to ignore that he’s physically aggressive with XY. He's quick-tempered and can be unpredictable. He genuinely struggles to control his violent tendencies because it's part of who he is. Despite the existence of some sweet moments, I can’t gloss over or romanticize the episodes of abuse or violence. In reality, relationships like these can involve individuals who profess their love for you but simultaneously cause you pain/harm. As the saying goes: you deserve what you tolerate.

exactly! I believe in giving second chances BUT it depends on what happened that calls for a need of another chance.

XL spent his second chance well, sacrificing a lot for Xiao Yao but at the same time, he was still using her (I honestly thought he stopped doing that in his FB era but his business transaction scene with Jing proved otherwise). This marks the difference between him and Jing whereas Jing loves her and refuses to use her as a means to his own end.

Speaking of Jing, I find him literally endearing. He's the embodiment of 'kill em with kindness' but his kind heart proved to be his weakness yet still was his greatest strength. This makes him a flawed character like most of the characters in LYF (all of them) which, imo, makes a good and interesting character. 

TheRaven:
Speaking of Jing, I find him literally endearing. He's the embodiment of 'kill em with kindness' but his kind heart proved to be his weakness yet still was his greatest strength. This makes him a flawed character like most of the characters in LYF (all of them) which, imo, makes a good and interesting character. 

I agree. If not, he would be like every other character in the story.

Also, XL had plenty of second chances, but he chose loyalty to a man fighting a lost cause time and time again. 

"Speaking of Jing, I find him literally endearing. He's the embodiment of 'kill em with kindness' but his kind heart proved to be his weakness yet still was his greatest strength. This makes him a flawed character like most of the characters in LYF (all of them) which, imo, makes a good and interesting character."

This is one of the most spot-on descriptions I have read about Jing. ✨

Which chapter does Jing get assassinated?