ZWY's fawlessly executed emotional scenes are the best in this drama.  

Let's start with Episode 1 where he thinks the girl in the market is Xiao Yao because of the plum blossom tattoo on her forehead.  He looks around him and sees so many girls with similar tattoos on their forehead.

The sorrow in his eyes makes my heart weep for him.

Episode 15 is my fave emotional scene of him so far. You can see the myriad of emotions, pain, anger, simphathy from him and he did it excellently.

Vina:

Episode 15 is my fave emotional scene of him so far. You can see the myriad of emotions, pain, anger, simphathy from him and he did it excellently.

I have no access to that episode this week so I cannot wait for this weekend's binge watching.  

I am watching The Bond starring Zhang Wan Yi.  He was good in his emotional scenes.

Oops sorry for spoiling you.😊

I am planning to watch the Bond after this drama, I see rave reviews about it. 

Vina:

Oops sorry for spoiling you.😊

I am planning to watch the Bond after this drama, I see rave reviews about it. 

The Bond is so sad.  Get a box of tissues ready.

mparthur:

The Bond is so sad.  Get a box of tissues ready.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Zhuan Xu's entire face was buried in Xiao Liu's shoulder as his tears came down "She's not Auntie, Auntie already died on the battlefield. She is Consort Jing An, she just looks a lot like Auntie."

Xiao Liu's entire body shook and she howled through her tears like a wounded wolf "She said she would come pick me up, she said she would come pick me up. I waited for her for over 70 years! She never came, she didn't want me anymore! I don't blame her but I just want to know why......

Zhuan Xu tightly embraced her, just like when they were small, when his father died, his mother committed suicide, in those endless dark nights he held her tightly.

Xiao Liu's cries gradually subsided but her body continued to shake and spasm. She could feel Gege's tears silently soaking the collar of her robe. He was still like when they were kids, no matter how hurt, he would never let anyone see him cry. Only her. Xiao Liu's hands slowly reached out and encircled his back and she tightly hugged him back.

The two of them said nothing, just tightly holding each other. They were each other's

comfort, each other's strength. Ah Nian stared at them in shock and she called

out "Zhuan Xu gege."

Zhuan Xu was like a rock statue, unmoving with his head buried in Xiao Liu's shoulder, no one could see his expression.

im so happy they have chosen the right cast to play these characters . Wangyi and Yangzi are so good that i cried bucket at that scene . Expecting more of it by the end of season 2 i guess..

Umi Is My Name 

Chang Xuan and Xiao Yao are like a pair of fraternal twins.  They understand about their sufferings well and support emotionally.  It's sad to know that Xiao Yao ends up not being with CX.   

Vina:

OMG.  I cannot wait to watch this scene.  Maybe on Twitter for the scene.

Zhang Wan Yi is the GOD for Emotions.

What an actor! I'm very impressed. Hope he got casted in many more dramas.

Tiffany_:

What an actor! I'm very impressed. Hope he got casted in many more dramas.

True.  I think if he will continue to choose good scripts such as LYF, he will be treated like a serious actor like Liu Haoran who is another one excelling in acting department that has the same age range as him in cdrama entertainment. 

I read that his next is the 3rd installment of NIF.  Looking forward to it.

Vina:

True.  I think if he will continue to choose good scripts such as LYF, he will be treated like a serious actor like Liu Haoran who is another one excelling in acting department that has the same age range as him in cdrama entertainment. 

I read that his next is the 3rd installment of NIF.  Looking forward to it.

NIF S3- I can't wait for the release.  ZWY is so good as Chang Xuan.  When he is furious, he attacks ruthlessly.

Chapter 50 in the novel is another emotional scene to watch if it was filmed.