CX is a very intense guy. Even with emotional scenes you can feel his intensity all thanks to ZWY's excellent portrayal. 

Episode 25 has another emotional scene from ZWY.  Oh dear, this guy is better at emotional scenes where tears are practically non-existent and viewers end up with CBT sessions.

mparthur:

Episode 25 has another emotional scene from ZWY.  Oh dear, this guy is better at emotional scenes where tears are practically non-existent and viewers end up with CBT sessions.

His performance in here is breathtaking! I could sell my soul for someone to love me like he loves Xiaoyao . his eyes tell it all . don't look into those eyes otherwise you will get drown in these eyes.. they are as deep & full of ability to get you in it's depth that you may get drown yourself in that…so better you don't look into these eyes else you will be into them. hahaha 

I read the novel only after watching the drama. Chang Xuan really grew on me in the novel... so much so I rewatched all the earlier episodes just to have a retake on his scenes. Is there anyone on this sinking ship too? 

Umi Is My Name:

His performance in here is breathtaking! I could sell my soul for someone to love me like he loves Xiaoyao . his eyes tell it all . don't look into those eyes otherwise you will get drown in these eyes.. they are as deep & full of ability to get you in it's depth that you may get drown yourself in that…so better you don't look into these eyes else you will be into them. hahaha 

Hahaha.  ZWY is awesome in dramas with high emotion.  

His performance in The Bond (2021) is awesome too.  Watch this drama.  He fell in love with an older woman who was 8.5 years older than he was.  His scenes are shorter than other leads but his are still the best among all.

He's winning me over for team Cang Xuan. As cruel as he was to her when she was Xiao Liu, their bond makes my heart hurt. I love them together; how they love each other, fight for each other, protect each other, and prioritize each other. It's deeper than the relationship she currently has with the other two men and I think it'll break me when they fall apart.

Yes, in the novel, you could his sorrow, regrets and love for XY on her wedding day in Chapter 50.

In the drama, each emotion was acted according to Chang Xuan's character.  Chen Xing Xu in Goodbye, My Princess, couldn't even do emotional scenes as good as ZWY.

That's why it's a shame he was a ML when he was in his early twenties.  His first ML was in Operation Moscow which I have yet to watch.  In The Bond, ZWY outshined other lead characters with his emotional scenes although his scenes were fewer.

Wheneverh he is about to get killed, Xiao Yao is the last person in CX's mind.  He only has her in his heart.

Episodes 25 & 26

When CX tries to kiss XY.  You just feel for his emotion.

I'm completely sold by ZWY's acting! He really excels with the emotional scenes. I was moved by Xuan even in the earlier episodes since they were at Qing Shui Town.  Knowing what we know about him, I'm not hoping for romance but just wanted to witness his tragedy. We will need to restock tissues along the way.  We are blessed to witness that caliber of acting.  

Katelyn Arshi:

I'm completely sold by ZWY's acting! He really excels with the emotional scenes. I was moved by Xuan even in the earlier episodes since they were at Qing Shui Town.  Knowing what we know about him, I'm not hoping for romance but just wanted to witness his tragedy. We will need to restock tissues along the way.  We are blessed to witness that caliber of acting.  ???

Season 2- we need more than a box of tissues.  Especially the suicide scene.

Episode 31 

Chang Xuan delivered an outstanding performance in the scene with the Chen Rong siblings.  I cried when he described the pain and sorrow his grandmother, mother and his aunt were going through following the death of his father.  

We need more of this kind of scene.

mparthur:

Episode 31 

Chang Xuan delivered an outstanding performance in the scene with the Chen Rong siblings.  I cried when he described the pain and sorrow his grandmother, mother and his aunt were going through following the death of his father.  

We need more of this kind of scene.

I love this scene too. He gave a compelling reason for not compromising. XY is his whole world afterall. He even personally planted the Phoenix trees for her too. Noticed when her spirit first became conscious, the first person she thought about was Xuan.  I enjoyed both episodes 31-32. I think by the end of the drama, our tears would all be dried up from crying so much.

Katelyn Arshi:

I love this scene too. He gave a compelling reason for not compromising. XY is his whole world afterall. He even personally planted the Phoenix trees for her too. Noticed when her spirit first became conscious, the first person she thought about was Xuan.  I enjoyed both episodes 31-32. I think by the end of the drama, our tears would all be dried up from crying so much.

Need to go to Specssavers after Season 2 ends!

Katelyn Arshi:

XY has always had CX in her heart.  Her first love.  It's the bond that keeps both alive while XY went missing for 300 hundred years.